Chapter 45

...

Katherine's P.O.V.

"Welcome everyone." The man said with a smile as the couple looked down at us.

----------------------------------------------------

That fake smile is brighter than the sun itself.

"Do they have a light behind them or something? Why do they look so shiny? It's hurting my eyes." I mumbled to Kayda, making her chuckle lowly.

"We're so glad you're her- Ugh, what is that awful smell?" The woman said in disgust as she sniffed around her. "Wait. Did someone bring a human with them?!" She screeched in surprise.

God, that voice is making my ears bleed.

"That human is our mate, so I'd watch you mouth if I were you." Tharion threatened in a deep voice as Draco glared at them.

Damn, that was hot.

The couple looked at him in shook and then their eyes moved on me. I crossed my arms and smirked at them victoriously. Even from here, I could see the brightness of their smiles fading slightly, making me smirk even more.

"Apologizes. We were not aware of this." The man said and continued his opening speech.

"Like hell you weren't. I bet you were informed the moment we stepped out of the portal." Blaze grumbled quietly.

"Our guards will show you the way to our brand new ballroom." The woman said with a sickeningly excited voice. "It was recently built and we thought it would be a perfect place for our gathering." She added as the guards guided us towards the ballroom.

"How big is this castle? Ever since I started attending these gatherings, they've built a new ballroom every year." Kayda said lowly making my eyes widen.

"What?!" I whisper-yelled in surprise.

Crazy bastards.

We soon entered the ballroom and my eyes were blinded in an instant.

"My poor eyes." I mumbled as I tried to adjust them to the bright lighting.

Tharion quickly moved his hand in front of my eyes, shielding them from the light.

"Again with the lighting." Kayda groaned as she aggressively blinked.

"Nothing new really." Blaze said with a sigh.

"It's to show us how pure they are, you know." Draco said sarcastically.