Chapter 43

...

*a few days later*

Katherine's P.O.V.

"No way!" Kayda said in disbelief, startling Scylla who was on top of her head.

"I also wish it wasn't true." Blaze groaned and slumped onto the chair.

Lyla, Matthew and I were just looking at our mates in confusion.

"You mind explaining why a single letter has you all groaning like your least favorite aunt said she's visiting?" Lyla asked.

The four of them just looked at us for a second and sighed for the ninth time.

"I'm not taking Lyla there." Blaze immediately said.

"I wish I could take Mat with me so it'd be less painful to be there, but you know how Scylla gets when neither of us are close by. And we can't take a baby dragon there." Kayda grumbled in exhaustion.

"Wish we could leave Katie behind too." Draco said with a sigh.

"But we can't because she's technically our horde's queen, so she has to attend." Tharion added in the same tone, making my eyebrow twitch.

That's it.

I slammed my hand on the table, successfully gaining their attention.

"Now that you're carefully listening, explain. What's going on?" I said in annoyance because their constant sighing and not explaining was getting on my nerves.

"Oh right. They don't know about this." Kayda said with a chuckle earning a glare from me.

"It's an invitation." Blaze said and glared at the piece of paper as if it murdered his mother.

"A wedding invitation?!" Lyla said excitedly.

"What?! No! Thankfully it's not. I don't think I'd be able to survive one of their weddings." Draco immediately protested.

"Just get to the point already." I grumbled in annoyance.

"It's an invitation from a different horde." Tharion started. "Every year, this same horde sends an invitation to all hordes we currently know of, and invites us to a type of a gathering at their territory." He explained.

"It's more really so they can flaunt how richer they've become in the past year. Each gathering gets worse and worse as the years pass." Draco added with a grumble.

"But why?" I said in confusion.

"When we first started with these gatherings, it was for a good reason actually." Blaze said.

"Yeah. At the time there were a lot of wars between dragons and humans all over the world, so we'd meet multiple times a year to exchange our findings and new battle strategies." Tharion explained.

"But as the years passed, there were less and less wars, and eventually humans forgot we even existed." Draco added.

"So now we meet only once a year just to catch up with each other and see if there's anything new going on." Blaze said as he twirled the invitation between his fingers.