Chapter 35

A/N: I posted a triple update, so if you missed chapy 34, go back and read it to avoid any confusion (^▽^)/

...

Katherine's P.O.V.

After we walked out of the cave, which I learned was for the female dragons with their eggs, I went back to Lyla and filled her in on what happened. I'm surprised my hearing is intact from how loudly she was screaming.

And later, when we were having dinner, both of us were shocked when our mates told us Kayda will be in her dragon form until the egg hatches, because she needs to keep it warm and protected.

"Guess who's going to be cranky for the next three months." I said with a smirk.

"Poor Matt." Lyla added with a chuckle.

...

*a few days later*

Lyla and I were sitting in her room and looking through the catalogs. I was fidgeting all the time because my nerves wouldn't calm down.

I wonder how she's going to react...

"Look at this one." She said and showed me a dress.

I took the catalog but didn't look at the dress. I placed it down on the table and then looked at Lyla.

"What is it?" She asked in confusion.

"Umm... I..." I started. "I have decided on something." I said slowly.

"On what?" She asked as she took another catalog in her hand.

"I'm not going to marry Tharion and Draco." I said quickly and braced myself for her reaction.

She dropped her catalog and her mouth fell open.

"What?" She asked slowly.

"I'm not going to marry them." I repeated. "Well, not until 3 months pass." I added.

"What?! Why?!" She yelled in astonishment.

"Well..." I took a deep breath. "I want Kayda to be with us when I do it, but since she won't be shifting until the egg hatches, I decided to wait until then." I stated.

"Are you crazy?! Tharion and Draco are going to go berserk!" She yelled.

"What? Why? They don't even know I decided I'm ready." I said in confusion.

"Yes they do. They can feel it. And if you forcefully stop it, it's going to drive them insane. The only thing that kept them at bay was the fact that you weren't ready. I bet they are already suspecting you right now. And in a few more days, they'll know." She explained.

"But they won't do anything to me. They promised." I fought back.

There's no way this is possible.

"Sure they won't. But their dragon instincts will. You probably won't notice it, and neither will they, but they'll unconsciously start to persuade you. And when you get caught, it's all over. I'm talking from experience here." She said in frustration.

"Experience? Blaze did something like that?!" I asked in surprise, my eyes widening instantly.

"Of course. You think we were saints for two whole years before we got married? Of course not. I only noticed when it was too late." She answered quickly.

My heart jumped at that.

It can't be possible. Right? Tharion and Draco wouldn't do something like that. Right?

...

But sure enough, everything Lyla said was true.

"Katie~" Draco whined and tugged at my skirt again.