Chapter 1 - The Start

A sunny morning in Nottingham and birds are chirping their everyday morning tune.

A girl laying on her bed woke up from the rays of the sun, allowing itself to come in, through her sheer curtains. Her dark chocolate hair rested on her pillow, forming itself into soft waves even though her hair is straight.

The sunlight kissed the bare skin of Y/n Mateo's face, which made her cheeks show how rosy it was. Her green eyes travelled around the room and stopped by at the clock that was hanging on the top of her bedroom's door.

She sat up from her bed and rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, yawning and pressing her feet on the wooden floor of her bedroom as she slips her tiny feet on her slippers.

She then stood up from her bed, went straight to her glass window where there was a seat attached to the window. She looked outside and it was not much amusing, but she quite enjoy her morning view like this. The shops owners, opening their shops; The street sweepers, sweeping out the leaves; and a man carrying and delivering out newspapers for the daily news.

"Wufwuf." Her dog barked. She looked down and smiled at her dog.

"Good morning, Coco." Said she, lifting up her dog and placing him on her lap.

Coco is a Maltipoo type of dog and was gifted to her from one of her uncles on her 15th birthday. Coco was still a little puppy at that time. She adores her dog dearly and she couldn't think her life without him.

"Coco, today is THE day." She got up excitedly, remembering today was the day for the auditions to "Young Lady in London", a story about a girl who finds joy in her life during her stay in London. She find it a great opportunity to a step closer to her dream, a broadway star. But only if her mother wouldn't find her and snatched her dreams away from her.

Y/n Mateo is not just a normal girl. She's the daughter of a Marchioness and she was addressed as Lady Y/n or Miss Harlington back in her home. Servants in their home call her 'young miss' or 'Lady Y/n', perhaps 'her ladyship'.

She's born as Y/n Callisto Mateo Smith Harlington. She is very lucky that she was not exposed much to the world for she spent most of her time inside the Harlington Manor in the town of Castle Combe, Wiltshire. At that time, she never got a chance to make friends. She was homeschooled and taught by her governess. Her mother, Lady Callisto, never let her see the outside world until she reach the age of 18. The age where she makes her first appearance to the high society to find a suitable and eligible young man for her hand in marriage. Can be a duke, an earl? Or maybe better, a Prince.

But before that could ever happen, Y/n at the age of 16, took her chance to escape and see the world, especially, to fulfill her dream to become a broadway star.

Ever since she was a child, she really loves dancing around their ballroom or in her room. She is not a bad dancer. She is born to have this gifted talent from the heavens. Her mother would call her feet trouble because she would escape her studies and just dance.

Though, She may have not been outside all of her childhood days, but she has seen broadway in Televisions and newspapers. That's when she fell in love.

Through her years in Hallowick Art School, she discovered that she has also the talent to sing. At first she find it hard to fit in for she doesn't know how to live normal like the others, but 2 years have passed and she finally could manage it.

Y/n opened the door of her bedroom and made her way to the kitchen to cook herself some breakfast. Her apartment is not big, nor small, just exact for her to live in.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

On the other side of the story, there was this boy who seem desperate to find someone he lost since the battle. To whom he promised to marry and love forever, his love.