Chapter 14 - The Contest

The day has come for Draco and Y/n. They have arrived early in the venue with Catherine. Catherine gave Y/n her gown and gave Draco his.

"The two of you should change now. I'll hand you over your number later." Said Catherine.

"Yes, Catherine." Replied Draco.

"My, my, Do you still have a sore throat, Nat?" Asked Catherine.

"He still does." Y/n nervously chuckled.

"Very well then." Then she left.

Y/n turned around to Draco. "Did you bring your Polyjuice?"

"I did."

"Please don't forget to drink it every hour. If not, Catherine would caught us and she might faint."

"Don't worry, I won't." Draco smiled to the girl.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

Draco was standing outside the dressing room. He awaits for Y/n to come out.

Catherine had already gave them their number and was already on Draco's back.

He's nervous, truly. He didn't expect that many people would watch.

Draco heard clicking heels behind him. He presumes it would be her. So he turned around to see.

Y/n showed up in a red fiery gown revealing her back. The top hugged her hips, showing its curves. The skirts'  tulle made the skirt add a bit of a puff. Her hair, tied up and decorated with a headband of jewels.

Draco found her elegant, and it is the first time that he saw Y/n wearing something fancy, for he always sees her in her uniform or in her casual clothes.

"What are you staring at?" Y/n giggled, walking towards him and went beside him.

Draco never realized that his eyes never left her.

"There are pretty much a lot of people here. Hope there's no Newspaper Writers or Photographers." Y/n fiddled with her fingers.

"Why is that?" Asked Draco.

"Personal Reasons." She sighed.

This left Draco more curious about her.

Catherine walked to them. "The two of you, join with the others now." Catherine said, pointing at the group of contestants. "The dance will start in any minute now."

"Yes, Ma'am." Y/n smiled. "Come on, Dra- I mean Nat." She bit her lip after almost making a mistake.

Draco almost laughed by looking at Y/n who just bit her lip, punishing herself for almost exposing him.

"Y/n, what's wrong? Stop biting your lip or your teeth will have stains." Told Catherine.

"It's nothing, Ma'am. I'm sorry." Replied Y/n.

"Well, the both of you must get going then."

"Yes, Ma'am."

Draco and Y/n walked to the group of contestants. Draco suddenly snickered, for he couldn't hold it in.

"What were you snickering about?" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows.

"Do you really bite that lips of yours when you make mistakes?"

"Why? Why would you say that?"

"I just noticed it ever since when we practiced for this contest."

"Well, I- Never mind, let's go."

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

The dance was over.

Y/n couldn't wait to take off her dancing shoes, for her feet hurts from dancing. They both sat next to Catherine while they wait for the announcement of winners in ballroom dance category.

Draco took a sip on his Polyjuice to let his body stay like Nathan's.

"Oh, one of the judges is coming in the center." Said Catherine proudly, holding on Y/n's hands.

"May I have everyone's attention please." The judge announced. "In my hand are the three lucky winners for the dance category of Ballroom. As I announce your number, please come in front." He smiled.

The judge opened the envelope he was holding and pulled a paper out.

Catherine got anxious, yet excited at the same time, for she wanted to know if they are one of the winners.

"3rd place goes to....." The judge stopped for a moment.

"It's alright by me, if the both of you went to third or second or maybe none, at least you both did a great job." Catherine smiled. "But I really hope the two of you are one of the winners."

"Number 5!" The audience clapped as the contestants number 5 walked forward and was given bronze medal and a bouquet of flowers for the lady. "For 2nd place....goes to...."

Catherine held a grip on Y/n's hand.

"Mrs. Hillary seems to be nervous." Draco whispered to her ear.

"Shhh..." Y/n hushed him whilst Draco only chuckled.

"2nd place goes to contestants number 7!" The audience again clapped. The two dancers walked to the center and was given them awards.

This just made Catherine even more anxious. She hoped and hoped, for she believes that they are in the first place.

"Last, but not the least, the long you all have been waiting for....For the first place.....goes to...."

Catherine couldn't calm herself down from her eagerness to know the winner. "Oh, do tell it now." Said Catherine.

"Mrs. Hillary, do hold your patience." Y/n chuckled.

"Goes to contestants number....."

Catherine bit her bottom lip and prayed, still Y/n's hand on both Catherine's hands, hoping that it would be them. Draco too, took her other hand and held a grip. He's also hoping that they would win.

"Draco, not you too..." Whispered Y/n.

Both Y/n's hand are occupied. She doesn't know what to do. Oh, how Y/n wished that the winner has already been announced so that the two could let go of her hand.

"First place goes to...contestants number...." The judges looked around before he could announce. "Number 9!"

"Oh, that's you!" Catherine cheered, pushing the two to stand up.

Draco stood up, holding Y/n's hand and pulled her with him to the center. Somehow, Y/n felt something strange as Draco held her hand. No boy has ever done that before, but except for Nathan. If her mother would see this, her mother would be furious to the boy.

"Congratulations!" said the other winners while shaking their hands.