Chapter 25 - "Thank you"

Y/n was at the dance room, practicing to dance.

She wanted to clear her mind off by dancing, it always made her feel better, but today is just different. Her Problem is different.

This day will be her last day here in Nottingham. She never wanted to leave, but she couldn't. She felt imprisoned again in her mother's hands.

She shook her head lightly and just went back to focus on dancing.

Though, she couldn't focus even if she wants to. Her mind were scrambled up. She doesn't know how to feel like herself again. She's like a light bulb that has lost its light.

She sat down on the floor, staring at herself in the mirror. She could see how she'll dressed up like how she dressed as a Proper Lady. She could see how will eligible men will come and court her in the drawing room.

Draco quietly entered the room and saw Y/n, sitting on the floor and staring at herself on the mirror.

"You have been off lately." He spoke and went beside her.

"Have I?" Her eyes never left on her reflection.

He nodded and sat down next to her. "You can tell me what's bothering you."

"Thank you, Draco, but even if I tell you so, it won't be solved." She turned her head to him.

"I can cheer you up instead." He reached for her hand.

Y/n smiled, placing her hand on his, as they both stood up from the floor. He used his wand to turn on the speaker, and turned his head to her.

He placed his hand on her waist and the other on her hand. He pulled her closer to him, but Y/n looked down. She doesn't want to get lost from his eyes.

Draco started to sway with her, slowly, like couples who were dancing in the sweet tune.

Y/n rested her chin on his shoulder. Her hand, held a grip on his shoulder. She felt like she never wanted to let go. She just wanted to stay and let herself catch her dream.

"Draco," he called his name.

"Hmm?" He looked at her.

"Thank you," she gave him a faint smile.

"Thank you for what?"

"Thank you for everything. I'm going to miss your accompany."

"Y/n, what are you talking about?" Draco was confused.

Y/n didn't answer, she just stopped dancing with him. "We should get ready for the ball now." Then, she walked out of the room.

Draco was left there, stunned. He doesn't know what she meant by missing his accompany. He just feel hurt upon seeing her sad and hurt that Y/n couldn't open up to him.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

Draco already got dressed up in his black suit and just waiting for Y/n.

Y/n came out of her room, wearing a black backless gown that hugs the curves of her body and her hair was curled down.

Y/n smiled at Draco, giving him a duplicate key to her Apartment.

"Why are you giving me this?" Asked Draco.

"You'll know." She smiled.

"Are you ready to go?"

"You go ahead first. Tyler told me that he'll come and get me. I don't want to disappoint him."

Draco almost frowned again, but he forced himself to smile.

"Alright, I'll be off and get Astoria." He smiled, opening the door of the Apartment. "Bye, Y/n, I'll see you at the ball."

"Goodbye....Draco..."

Draco and Astoria have arrived in the school and met Lucy and Nathan on the way.

Draco introduced Astoria to them and they are gladly to meet her.

"Where's Y/n?" Asked Lucy.

"She's still at the Apartment. She said Tyler is coming to get her." Replied Draco.

Lucy grinned, for she knew she have already won the bet. She grabbed Nathan's sleeve and pulled him to her.

"I won the bet now, Nat." She placed her devilish smirk.

"Fine, you won." Nathan giggled. "But let's enjoy the party first."

They have sat down at one of the tables. The waiter had served them drinks, placing it on their table, and some students already started dancing in the middle.

The group were chatting, drinking and laughing while waiting for Y/n and Tyler to come until....

"Hi," Tyler sat down next to Nathan.

The group looked at him, curiously.

"What?" Tyler was confused.

"I thought you're with Y/n." Lucy exclaimed.

"But, she texted that she wanted to meet up here instead."

Draco realized something. He have been noticing that Y/n is not herself for the past few weeks and he knew she has something she didn't want to tell, but now, he knows what it was.

He stood up from the chair. The group looked at him, stunned. He didn't much pay any attention to it and just walked out of the circle.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

He ran on his way back to her apartment, barging inside the room.

It was quiet, there was no sign of Coco or Her.

He checked her bedroom, but she wasn't there either, only that's left on her bed was a small red velvet box and 3 letters under it.

He sat down on her bed, lifting the velvet box and taking the letters. One letter was written for him and one of each for Nathan and Lucy.

He placed down the two letters and the velvet box.

He opened the letter and read it with his eyes,

Dear Draco,

I never thought that this day would come for me....that I have to go back home. I thought I would be free forever, but I was wrong. I guess this is really my fate and there is no more turning back now....

I'm really thankful for you, for making feel like there's still hope, and assuring me that everything will be alright, even if it was just the slightest time.

But, there is something I need to tell you since we may not see each other again and I cannot hide this feeling any longer.....

I have this feeling that I really couldn't explain. It just hurts inside my chest whenever I kept on thinking about you or just even by looking at you.

I really hope that we won't pass by each other at this time, for the pain might get worst. But if we do, I hope it doesn't pain me anymore like we're just strangers again or friends.

As a show of my gratitude, I will leave my brooch on your care.

Thank you so much, Draco.

Draco was left in tears. He's hurt like her. He felt the same way as the girl. He didn't know what to do, now that she has already gone back to where she belongs, the high society.

He took the red velvet box next to him, opening it.

There revealed a silver brooch. A brooch that has the Family crest of Y/n's family. She has left it for him, in gratitude of thanks for being nice to her.

He kept it closer to his chest, sobbing.

Oh, how Draco wanted to tell her how he truly felt, but now, its already late.