Chapter 26 - Arrival

The car was opened by a footman. Y/n got out of the car with Coco.

She looked around the place. It was the same as it used to be. Memories fled inside her mind, they were cold and lonely.

Her mother walked faster outside the house, with her lady-in-waiting, Mrs. Taylor.

"My Darling!" her mother hugged her tightly. Her Mother missed her very much, and her worries have gone away as soon as she saw her daughter.

"Hi, Mama." She slightly smiled.

"Dear, you look so thin." She held her cheeks. "Have you been eating little?"

"Are you not mad at me?"

"No," she smiled. "I'm not mad, deary." She placed strands of her hair behind her ear. "Now, let us go in. You might be hungry by now."

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

Y/n already had her lunch and she went upstairs to her bedroom.

She was not used to it, her wide room. She felt new to the things that surrounds her even she slept here before. She got used to her old bedroom back to her apartment. It was small, but comfy.

She walked towards the door to the balcony, opening it as she went outside. The balcony has the view of their garden.

She remembered when she was about 6, when she's playing hide and seek with her mother and also with a man and a boy who looks older than her, who seems she couldn't quite remember. She has been trying to think who it was, but their faces were blurry in her memory.

She took a deep breath, smelling the fresh breeze of air. She doesn't know if she's happy to be home or sad. But all she's worried about is the London Season.

"Milady, I'm glad your back."

Y/n got startled, turning around to see who it was.

"Mary," she uttered, walking back inside.

"I'm glad you have come back, your ladyship. I have been terribly worried." Told Mary.

"I'm sorry, Mary." Y/n sighed.

"It's alright, milady. Now, let's get you dressed, your governess won't approve to what you are wearing." She chuckled.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

Y/n spent most of her days with her governess, teaching her some etiquettes so that she's ready for the London Season.

There are times that the governess gave her break, and she would spend that time on reading books or playing with Coco in the Drawing Room. Sometimes her mother would give her time to her. Her mother is trying her best to spend her time on her, and Y/n understands.

But, there are times when she really feels lonely. She would just stay in her bedroom, and lay down. She felt like there is a missing piece inside her heart and she couldn't stop thinking about Draco.

She knows she has no right to think about him, since that she knew he loves Astoria. And she knows she shouldn't feel this kind of thing. It just made her feel the pain more.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

Y/n sat down on the armchair in the drawing room, reading a book. Though, she isn't really. Her mind was preoccupied. She has been staring at the floor for so long that it made Coco stare at her too.

"Y/n," her mother came in.

Y/n didn't heard her, she just kept on staring at the floor whilst twisting her hair.

"Y/n?" Her mother placed her hand on Y/n's shoulder.

Y/n got startled, same as Coco.

"Your mind seem to be far from your certain thoughts." Said her Mother.

"I'm sorry, Mama. I was just to thinking of Dr- I mean....I was just thinking about the London Season." Said she, closing her book and placing Coco on her lap.

Her mother sat down next to her.

"Y/n, tomorrow, we are to leave for London. We will stay there for the entire season." Stated her Mama.

"But, Mama..." she bit her lip before speaking again. "I don't think I'm ready yet..." she said under her breath.

"Darling," her mother placed tucked a piece of Y/n's hair behind her ear. "I know you're scared, I have felt the same way when I was your age." She smiled. "You need not to worry."

Y/n slightly smiled and nodded.

"Now, we must pack, for we are to leave at 8 in the morning. I have told Mary to help you pack." Her mother stood up, same as her.

"Yes, Mama. Thank you."