Chapter 24 - Agony

The chauffeur drove her back to the streets to where she lives. She didn't show the chauffeur where she lives. She didn't want to.

She got out of the car and let the chauffeur leave before she could go inside the building to where she lives.

She took her keys out of her bag, and unlocked the door. She opened it and she was greeted by Draco, who just woke up from the couch.

"Draco, why are you sleeping there?" she closed the door from behind her.

"I was waiting for you. Where have you been all night?" Asked Draco.

"I- I went to Nathan's. He needed my help." she lied.

"Well, all that matters is that you're safe now." He smiled, approaching her.

The pain inside grew much painful, she wanted to stop Draco from being nice to her, because it'll be harder for her to leave. If Y/n told Draco to stop being nice, it'll just make it worst too. So she'll settled with him like what they used to be, friends than being strangers again.

"Y/n, you look like you're going to cry? Did something happen?" He was about to touch her cheek, but Y/n took a step back.

"I'm alright." She slightly smiled. "Excuse me, I should take a shower. I still have to meet with Tyler."

She walked inside her room, leaving Draco curious again. He knows that something's wrong. He felt it in her voice, that voice that used to be so sweet was not there.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

Y/n got down and saw Tyler on the entrance of the building.

"Tyler, you're here early?" She grinned.

"It's better than late." He smiled. "You look beautiful."

"Aww, you're sweet. Thank you, Tyler."

"Come on, I'll take you to my favorite restaurant." He reached for hand.

Y/n was hesitant at first, but she placed her hand on his, and interlocked each other's fingers. Somehow, Y/n didn't felt any ecstasy like she had when Draco held her hand. She felt happy, indeed, but she doesn't feel the happiness she has felt before towards Tyler.

"Are you alright? Does it make you uncomfortable?" asked Tyler, who was about to let go of her hand.

"No," she stopped him. "Its alright."

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

Y/n got home at 7 o'clock. She didn't went straight to her Apartment, but she went up to the Dance Room. It was dark and it's only light was the light of the moon that came in through the window.

She sat down on the window sill, removing her shoe and curled her legs up as she hugged it and rested her chin on her knee. Then, a tear fell on her eyes. She's crying, she's hurt, and her dream to perform in Broadway already shattered. She just wanted to let it all out by silently crying.

"Y/n?"

Y/n lifted her head up and wiped her tears.

"Draco, what are you doing here?" She tried to put up her sweet smile.

Draco sat down next to her, looking at her with concern on his eyes.

"Why are you up here alone?" Asked Draco, trying to look at her eyes, but Y/n just looked down.

"It's nothing. I just wanted to be alone for a while."

"Oh..." he gazed up to the moon.

They didn't talk for a bit. They sat there silently. Only that were heard are the honking of the buses and cars, and the chattering people who just happens to pass by.

She rested her chin again on her knee, looking down at the street with people walking by. She wished that she could be happy like them. She really did became happy, but it was only for a short time.

Draco's eyes turned to her, looking at her in the corner of his eyes. He could tell from her eyes how upset she was and he was keen to find out what it was.

"So how's your date with Tyler?" Draco broke the silence off.

"Hmm?" She turned her eyes up to him. "It was fun, he asked if I could be his date to the ball." She smiled.

"That's great." He smiled, looking back at the window andfeeling the jealousy inside of him.