Chapter 6 - New Roomate

Y/n and Draco got back to Y/n's apartment.

"Could you hold this for a sec?" She said, giving Coco's leash to Draco.

Draco nodded in reply.

Y/n turned back to the door, finding her keys in her bag. Coco, her dog, looked at Draco with his little puppy eyes, adoring the blonde young man. It gave Draco a smile. He kneeled down and gently scratching the dog's neck and behind its ears.

Y/n opened the door and turned around, only to see the enjoyment of the two.

"Coco, adores you so much ever since he saw you." She smiled.

Draco looked up to her. "Oh." Then he stood up.

"Come in."

Draco nodded.

The dog ran in first before the two could ever go in, excited that Draco would stay in their humble abode.

Y/n looked at Coco, feeling that Coco likes the boy more, more than her. She just chuckled about it. She knew her dog really likes meeting new people and Coco knows how to identify who is good or bad.

"This will be your room." She led Draco to the room where Draco slept last time. "Have you had dinner? Or no?"

"Uh, yes. Yes, I have." The blonde boy replied.

"I guess I'll just leave you to fix your things." She started walking, but Draco stopped her.

"Wait." He said.

"Yes?" She peeked through the open door.

"Is it really ok? Do I need to pay?"

"No. It's quite alright. The university has offered me this apartment. It includes my scholarship. So it's fine."

"Y/n, right?"

"Yes, that's my name. So what is it?"

"Thank you."

The girl smiled softly. "No need to be. It's the least I could do. Good night." Then she walked off.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

She laid down on her bed, her furry friend next to her, cuddling and snuggling on her chest as Coco fell into his comfortable sleep. Y/n, on the other hand, still wide awake. She couldn't stop thinking about the monthly evaluation that will happen on the next day after. She really wanted to be picked for the contest. Though, what she's scared about is the newspaper camera men who would take pictures on that contes even though Lucy confirmed that there will no be. She fears that if her mother found out she settled in Nottingham, she would have to go back and be out of the higher society to find herself a suitable and eligible young man. I dare say her mother wanted to marry her off to a prince.

She slowly got up from her bed, avoiding to wake Coco up as she headed out to her room to get herself a glass of water or perhaps milk.

She marched to her little kitchen, opening the fridge's door and decided to get herself a milk instead of a glass of water. As she closed the door of the fridge, she almost spilled her milk for she got surprised by the blonde boy who is about to walk towards the sink.

"Gosh, you scared me." Said Y/n, calming her heart down. "I thought you're already asleep."

"I couldn't sleep." Told he, brushing his platinum blonde hair with his fingers.

"I guess you're not alone." She walked straight to the circled dining table that is good for only 2 and sat down.

"Why are you still awake?" He asked.

"Can't stop thinking."

"Oh. What is it?" He took a seat in front of her.

"Personal Reasons." She took a sip on her glass of milk.

"Oh." He looked outside the window.

"What about you? Why are you still awake?"

He sat there silently in a few moments until he speaks. "Couldn't stop thinking about her."

"You love her very much, do you?" She smiled.

"Yes. It's been months since I have lost her since the battle."

Y/n almost choked on her milk, couldn't believe on what she heard. "Battle?" She thought, and thought that maybe both of them joined the army.

"Are you ok?" He looked at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Said she, wiping the milk off on her lips. "Battle? Are the two of you like soldiers?"

"No. It's not what you think."

"Oh."

Then silence brought up to the two.

"I should better head back to bed. I still need to do something tomorrow." She got up, heading to the sink to wash her glass. As she finished, she walked out of the small kitchen. "Goodnight again." She said to Draco, heading back to her bedroom, yawning.

She laid down to her bed. Coco slightly opened his eyes and snuggled again to Y/n's warm body, causing Y/n to smile and hug her dog as she finally found her sleep.