Chapter 2 - Audition

"A2038!" The assistant called for the next person to audition.

"That's you, Y/n. A2038." Lucy whispered as Y/n stood up from her seat and handing Lucy her little dog. "Good luck, Y/n." Y/n turned around and saw Lucy giving her a big thumbs up. Then, she replied it with her smile.

She went inside the room, greeted by the cold expressions of the judges right in front of her. Surely, they were stressed out in finding the perfect girl for the lead role. Well the lead roll is the only one slot left for the play, so Y/n had no choice but to give the lead role a try.

"Y/n Mateo, isn't it?" said the lady with the glasses on her eyes.

"Yes Ma'am." she replied, hiding her nervous nerves.

"So Y/n, Why do you choose to be in this role?" Asked the fat man, who's scanning through the sheets of paper.

"I umm..." she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, calming herself down. Then, she speaks. "I chose this role because it is a step closer to my dream." she smiled.

"And what is your dream, young girl?"

"To perform in broadway, sir."

"Very well then. Can you sing for us?"

"It is my pleasure, sir." She cleared her throat and let out a sigh, relaxing herself. Then she started singing.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

Minutes felt like hours for Lucy. She was anxious while waiting for her friend who was auditioning for the lead role. She bit her nails and hugged Coco tightly into her arms while Coco was sitting on her, looking confused on what Lucy was doing to him.

Finally, her dear friend came out of the room. Y/n took a deep breath and let it out. The thought never left her mind if will she got the role in the next day or few.

Coco suddenly jumped out of Lucy's lap and ran to the uneasy Y/n. The dog keeps on jumping in front of Y/n whilst his tongue is outside on his mouth, looking at his owner and resting his paws on her knees.

Lucy stood up from the chair and walked towards Y/n. "How was it?" Asked she.

"Lucy, do you think I'll have the role?" Said Y/n in a low tone.

"What do you mean, Y/n?"

"The judges smiled and they took my cellphone number, but..." she stopped as she frowns.

"But what?" Lucy tried looking at her eyes, but Y/n kept on looking down, playing with her nails and biting her lower lip.

"It's nothing, Lucy. I think I'm just overthinking again." She said, lifting her head up and showing a slight smile on her lips. Y/n kneeled down to carry Coco on her arms, then Coco licked her cheeks causing her to chuckle. "Oh, Coco." Said she.

"Are you thinking that they might not choose you?" Asked Lucy as they started walking.

Y/n nodded in reply.

Lucy let out a sigh and speaks again. "Y/n, don't overthink about it too much. Look on the bright side and maybe tomorrow, the day they announce who got the role, maybe it turns out to be you."

"You're right, Lucy. Thanks." She smiled. Then, her phone rings. She handed Coco to Lucy and searched her phone in her bag. "Oh look, it's Nathan."

Lucy is not the only friend she got, but there is another one, Nathan Aullier. The guy whose heart is a girl. Indeed he knows Y/n's story too, that's why he is also willing to help her get her dream.