Chapter 18 - Say Yes

The performance has ended perfectly well.

Y/n felt relieved that everything turned out to be fine and she finds it really exciting and fun upon performing on stage.

"You did very well, Y/n." Praised their leader.

"Thank you." She smiled.

The leader smiled back and left. Nathan and Lucy came closer to Y/n, for they are to leave the backstage, but before they could do, Draco walked in.

"You sang very well, Y/n." Draco complimented.

"Thank you, Draco." She grinned, her cheekbones almost showing.

Then, Tyler came into the group. "Y/n," he called her, with a smile plastered on his lips.

"Tyler," she smiled.

"You did very well." He hugged her.

"Oh," her eyes widened, her cheeks hinting with a blush. Y/n slowly pulled away, "Thank you, Tyler."

Nathan hit Lucy's arm with his elbow and whispers, "I think it's not Tyler anymore, feels like-"

"Oh, please...you see how she blushed when Tyler hugged her." Whispered Lucy.

"She also blushed when Draco complimented her, I mean, look at how Draco looks at the two. I smell jealousy."

"What? No."

"Wanna bet?"

"Yeah, if I win, you owe me £3."

"Same here." They shook each other's hand.

The Producer and his crew also came into the backstage with their adviser.

"Ah, there you are, Y/n. The Producer wants to tell see you." Said Mrs. Reynolds.

The Producer walked forward to Y/n. "Hello, Miss Mateo. You sang perfectly splendid."

"Thank you, Sir?"

"Sir Richards," he smiled. "But, I want to give you an invite,"

"Invite for what, sir?" Y/n asked politely.

"Invite for the Audition for Sophie of Mamma Mia. We would be gladly to have you."

"Sir, I don't know what to say-"

"Y/n, this is your chance. Say yes." Nathan whispered.

"I- I would love to, Sir Richard."

"Very well then. Give me your number and I'll text you when will the audition be." He smiled.

Sir Richard handed Y/n his phone and Y/n placed her number on his contacts.

"We'll meet you in the auditions. Good day, Miss Mateo." Then they took they're leave.

Y/n felt ecstatic. She didn't expect that, nor her friends did.

Cara saw everything. She got jealous, of course. But it was her fault in the first place for giving Alisha the Cookies that has Peanuts in it. Karma really does came back to Cara, so she just left, irritated.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

Draco and Y/n are walking back home.

Y/n couldn't help, but smile. In just a day, good things happened to her. The Producer who invited her to audition and the way Tyler hugged her made her happy.

Draco seemed to notice the girl's happiness. He's very happy for her, now that she's already a step closer to what she dreamed for.

"It's your lucky day, Y/n." Draco smiled.

"Hmm?" Y/n got a bit startled. "Oh, Perhaps, yeah. I'm glad it's my lucky day. Mama would be too late, I think."

"You think?" He stopped his feet. "Your mother won't find you. But if she does, I hope she's late. I know she'll be too late. I assure you."

"Draco, you and I can't predict the future. So we both don't know what'll happen." She just giggled and continued to walk.

——*☁︎︎☾☁︎︎*——

Evening came and Y/n couldn't get any sleep. She remembered when Tyler hugged her. She felt happy about it, but when Draco complimented her, she felt even more different. She doesn't understand why.

She sat up and got out of bed, walking straight to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

She took a glass from the kitchen cabinet and got water from the faucet. She sat down at the dining table to think whilst taking a sip of her water.

She couldn't determine how she felt.

What Nathan said is true. Y/n couldn't determine her own feelings towards the person she likes. All she knew about it is because they are her friends.

"Y/n?" Draco found her, who got zoned out.

She looked up at Draco and she felt her heart racing. She just thought of it that she just got surprised.

"Draco," she smiled. "You startled me. I didn't know you're still awake."

"Is something wrong?" Draco took a seat in front of her.

"To be honest....I'm confused."

"Confused? Why?"

"Never mind," she gave him a faint smile. "I don't know how to explain it or how to start." She stood up from the chair and went to the sink, placing the glass. "Good night, Draco." Then, she went back to her room.

Again, Draco was left curious. He thought "Why would she be confused?"

Draco wondered and wondered until he remembered what Nathan had told him, about how she doesn't know how to recognize her own feelings towards the person she likes.

So, Draco knew that the boy would be Tyler.