Chapter 6 case 3.2: Kevin's conscience

Warning: The whole case will be under Grace's narration via her diary. Enjoy at all!

That night I was glad that Belliste was gone after I reached at home. After I gathered information from the principal Dupont's side and her parents' one, I was sure that she was going to hunt me anyway. At this moment she represented herself as a violent and vengeful teenager. Her only goal was money and me who threatened her social status. She wouldn't be afraid of guilty of killing innocent people for her greedy needs. Her level of dangerous had jumped well on phrase 2. 

......

The next afternoon, I still wore mom's coat and her high heels shoes with my own grey dress, I went outside and here were I, standing in one of the local Beverly Hills' park. The weather was fair, with soft breeze of winter wind and the cold from the snow on the ground. I hoped that mom wouldn't mad if she saw me wearing these clothes. I still worried my life, and I wondered if Belliste kidnapped me successfully. 

Suddenly my eyes caught a familiar masculine shadow which was bigger and bigger. In fact it was Kevin here. He wore grey coat with black pants. He looked worried and nervous more than the day I spent time with him at home. My eyes rolled bigger, how did he know my meeting with Nicole? Oh god, Nicole must tell him about this. 

"Grace? You wear your mom's coat?" He surprisingly said as he quickly rushed towards me

"Whatever! Does it matter to you?"

"Grace, I need to talk to you" 

"Sorry boy, I have a date with Nicole today. You are better to leave me alone!" I said with a defensive voice 

"Oh please, Grace. I know ... "

"Stay away from me! I know you are lying. It's you who called Belliste 2 times: one in the Christmas' festival and another in your home so she came there to kill me or maybe kidnap me. You lied to me and Nicole and you didn't want to admit it!"

"I know, in fact, I was ..." He hesitated for a moment "I was Belliste's ex-boyfriend!"

I was quiet immediately. Those messes on the table in his room suddenly flooded back into my mind. These were various photos which were torn out containing images of him, the rests may be Belliste. Some handwritings turned out were the ones that I used to witness the breakup letters in her scrapbook. I paused for a moment, I said:

"So tell me exactly what did you do when your home was break into? And what do you want from me?"

He opened his mouth immediately, his face expressed well with some lines of honesty:

"I used to be her boyfriend. I loved her so much, but she ignored me because I didn't give her any expensive gift. When her family was in the recessive phrase, I swore her that I'd help her family to overcome the difficulties. She persuaded me break into the jewelry store in order to steal the diamonds. I did try protest at first but she couldn't stand it, so I did. We had been caught you know, I had endured the criticizes from not only the police but also my parents. I was depressed truly because of this stupid tiny guilt. I regretted indeed but I didn't see any guilt on Belliste's face. So that's why I decided to dump her for good."

He started sobbing. Maybe his conscience had come back to him. He continued:

"I'm sorry Grace because I had caused you like this. You may hate me I know because I'm a pathetic boy. After the breakup,  I couldn't believe that she teamed up with Marconi and some dirty guys on the street to form the Metalized. I couldn't imagine how she cruelly stabbed Nicole and how she attempted to kill you like pushing you falling from the 3rd floor of her headquarters, throwing your unconscious body into the lake and trying to stab you. I was really sorry what she had done to you and Nicole. Then in grade 9, Nicole comes into my life, she heals my fragile soul magically, I'm really grateful so much. But since Belliste has been released, she learned my current relationship, she threatened me to kill Nicole if I didn't update your situation via her ..."