Chapter 3 case 3.1 : The school's basement

Warning: This case is under Grace's narration via her diary! Enjoy at all!

I returned to the gymnastic room. The crowd looked like chaos. I was looking for a teacher to report the unexpected event at school. Then I bumped into Nicole again:

"Oh Gracie, I'm sorry. I'm floating ..."

"You found some romantic sight aren't you?"

"No I'm not ... I just. .."

"Damn it Nicole, you are drunken. Don't say that you and your dance partner stole glasses of wine from the teachers' side to drink" 

"Yes ... hahaha ... it tastes yummy .... I can't stand to resist myself!"

"Oh dear Nicole, you can't go home with this situation. You know that we can't drink alcohol outside until we reach at adulthood! Anyway, have you seen any teacher in here?" I asked then another came in "Nicole! How fabulous you are. May I have a dance with you?"

"Thank you a lot!! Sorry Grace I'm going to dance again ... " Nicole laughed loudly and she was dancing again ...

"Arghhh! Fine I will handle myself!" Then someone grabbed my wrist, I turned around and I was facing with Matthew again!

"Matthew! Oh I'm sorry ..."

"Here is your drink!" He gave me the glass, and I drank quickly. 

"I told you waiting me ..."

"I know, Matthew. Sorry about that! But have you seen any teacher in here?"

"I have heard that the teachers have left for a few minutes ago. Well, it's 9:30 PM now. Why?"

"I have seen someone stealing the USB ..."

"No way! God damn it, when did you see that?"

"I swear Matthew, there was someone stealing the USB a couple of minutes ago. I haven't seen clearly the figure and the only clearest I saw that was the USB. I saw it when I waited for you to take a drink at the balcony ... So I went here to find one of the teachers to report this and ... now they have been left!!"

"Don't worry! Don't you know that I'm an assistant in the basement ..."

"Really? Do you have the key? We must check the basement and report to the principal!"

"Alright. Come with me." He said then grabbed my wrist to go with him again. I saw that most of them have been tired so they went home. I wished I would but now I had to deal with the problem of the USB and even my cousin Nicole who was happy with those boys in the gymnastics room 

"So when you have been an assistant at school?" I asked curiously. Indeed I found he was so intriguing 

"Well since the last year of 6th grade" He replied "At that time I impressed the teachers a lot with my achievements: my academic as well as my social activities ... Why you ask me like that?"

"Nothing, I'm just curious ..."

"Here it is, that is the basement of our school. Wait for me, I will open the door" 

As he opened the door, there was a mess in the basement. The cables, the wires, the studied equipment, etc. have been lied down on the floor. I was surprised because that was my first time I have entered such a place like this 

"Matthew, normally the basement ..."

"You think it's a mess do you?" He asked angrily

"Sorry, I don't mean to say that ..."

"Yeah normally the basement is organized well. But probably the criminal has tried to search all areas ..."

"Do you know the stock containing the USB?"