Chapter 1 case 1: The first study day in UBC

The new life in Canada for Grace it's easy to live in. In her opinion, she isn't shock about Canada's culture at all, she wants to stay here forever for some reasons. She enjoys most in Canada about its awesome scenario, friendly people and high education ... even in Vancouver city it's totally expensive, purely expensive same level as Los Angeles.

Grace has finished her inscription administrative to enter new study in UBC. She still deeply remembers when she first visited university in that day. Overall, the campus is full of different colors trees, combined very gently and elegantly, creating awesome scenery to the visitors. Most impressed is these maple trees mixed with yellow and red pigments that they can be seen on leaves. Some of them fall softly in the ground, which draw intention to lot of undergraduates and professors in here. The buildings on campus combine most of classic appearance, even modern line too. There are a lot of clean lakes slowly flow further and further to the horizon. Wonderful will be great if it adds the blue sky, full with the flying clouds and the different freedom birds. This faculty looks like a friendly environment habitat. Cleaned, tranquility,  peaceful, etc ... just as Grace's satisfaction.

Tomorrow will be Grace's first day in University of British Columbia. She now has learned the map of the campus since she has enrolled in university the day before, but she doesn't remember it well 'cause she still be a new freshman. She looks the map carefully as her timetable. She only have Analysis lesson tomorrow, no stressed a lot to her. Well, hope the next day will run smoothly  .... 

7: 30 AM September 9th, 2019, Faculty of Science, UBC ... 

The first day of UBC starts ... Grace, dressing with a simple yellow T - shirt, a cotton green dress and a lovely black ballerina shoes, holding a black bag enters the fac. The first day with Grace isn't easy because she tries to figure out the amphitheater where she will take Analysis course. The campus is totally large with several buildings. After reaching the main hall of Mathematical buildings, she figures out the amphitheater in there and comes inside.

Actually the class hasn't started yet. The freshmen in here talk actively to make acquaintance with each other. Some of them fall asleep to wait the lesson. As an international student in here, Grace doesn't know anybody in here, even in US, in class, it's a long time for her to make friends after studying and team working. But only one person who Grace has known for years, even her childhood. That's Grace's cousin, Nicole Junetta, with long straight black hair tied up, wearing a navy shirt as well as her dress, sitting lonely to wait the lecture. As a surprise, Grace hurries and runs through a large groups of friends talking passionately in order to make sure that she won't miss a chance to talk with her dearest cousin. Grace shouts:

"Nicole ... Nicole .... NICOLE!!! It's me, Grace, your cousin. Wait for me, wait ...."

Finally Grace takes a comfortable sit next to Nicole. Nicole looks at Grace and says surprisingly:

"Grace? GRACE!!!! Oh my cousin, I haven't met you for ages. Well, I admire your academic performance you know. Your achievement is totally impressive, both in domestic and international WOW!!! Well, I want to say congratulation again to you, even you have told me through Messenger. Oh Grace, I miss you so much you know ...  How about your parents now?"

"My parents? Well, they still be fine, they still have a great occupation, high positions when working ... even in bigger city Los Angeles in CA state. And how about your parents?"

"They are fine too. They love to live in this city most. Luckily we still keep in touch, so we can reunite with each other today at this moment, I am so happy about that ..."

"Wait Nicole, I am sorry when interrupt our surprising moment ... but I just want to make sure that ... you told me before I came here that you are Economics freshman, so you should study in Faculty of Economics I guess"