Chapter 5 case 3.3: The evidence of the case

Warning: The whole case will be under Grace's narration via her diary. Enjoy at all!

Turning into new day, I and Matthew jumped in Kevin's car to go to Rosaline's home. I took a deep fresh air to clean my mind. The wind breezes gently when we went ahead. The birds not only sang but also flew higher in the bluest sky. The road was quieter than the one in Los Angeles. My eyes glanced Matthew who was next to me with casual teenage clothes and Kevin who dressed up like an employee. Of course he was acting same as me who dressed up like when parents were at bureau.

Finally we'd arrived to Rosaline's home. Her home was an average one with simple design and a mixture of colors: white, beige and grey. Surrounding her house was wood fences and lots of gnomes. Her land was completely dark brownish with a little grass growing on the surface. We went inside and rang the bell.

"Hello, is someone there?"

The door was opened and there was a middle age couple standing in front of us. They simply stared with their hazel eyes to us and boringly said:

"Matthew?! And who are they?"

"Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Smidt, here is Belle Madison, the freelancer detective from Los Angeles, she was interesting in solving your daughter's death and Rick Billson, a journalist and Ms. Madison's friend." Matthew replied

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Madison and Sir Billson"

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Smidt!" I and Kevin both answered. Then I continued:

"Can we come in?" 

The Smidts nodded and we followed them going inside. They leaded us to the living room where we three all sat down. Mrs. Smidt quickly brought a tray of croissants outside. Mr. Smidt started:

"So Ms. Madison, what do you want to know about us?"

"Before this incident, have you noticed Rosaline's strange behavior? Kind of worried, stressed, outrage, etc."

"Normally she confined every story about diverse topics, then one day in March, she suddenly estranged us. She barely spoke and she looked like mute all time. She mostly shut her room all time, I don't know what's wrong with her indeed. And this weird action repeated same day until her death."

"I see, Rosaline was pregnant, do you know about that?"

"What?! No, how do you say that? Rosaline had swore us that if she had baby inside no matter how younger age she was, she would tell us immediately!"

"Are you sure, sir?"

"Of course, I know my own daughter!"

"Maybe you're right, I accidentally heard through Matthew's words. The police blamed him for that."

"Look, Ms. Madison. It was such a long time that Matthew visited us but I was pretty sure that he's responsible boy and he would admit it even he made a mistake!" 

"Alright, this case I'll look further. Besides, we have this Huawei phone, I believe that this is belong to your daughter."

"Oh dear, why did the police tell us sooner?"

"What do you mean, sir?"

"You know, at the day Rosaline was murdered at school, she forgot her phone and here is her true phone" Mr. Smidt calmly replied as he gave us a Sony smartphone. 

"Thus she didn't use Huawei at all!" Kevin claimed

"Look like she hurried to school in that day! Maybe for Matthew's date." I murmured then I asked. "Sir, I have her diary, is that her true handwriting?"