Chapter 7 case 4: The hot pursuit

Andrew whispers:

"So here they are. Shall we jump in to help them? What do you plan to do?"

"Chen is gone. Reveal ourselves now!"

"But ..." Grace's finger presses his lips immediately as she rose Murphy's gun. 

"You have Murphy's gun?"

"Yes, you may hate me in this situation because I didn't hand it to your dad but positively, it will help us. Are you ready?"

He nods then together, they rise up. Both of Megan and Nicole are surprise. Before Chen's securities men can alert their boss, Grace shoots accurately two of his men's shoulders as she reaches closer to the gate of the cell. Nicole yells:

"Grace, Andrew, I ... thought... you ..."

"Shh, if you speak, the toxic of the serum will harm your throat. It's better you two remain silent. Anyway, Andrew, call your dad immediately! They need help!"

"On my way! Where is my phone? Here it is!" Andrew mumbles while he pulls out his phone

"Sheriff McCollins listening"

"Dad, it's me, Andrew. Megan drops her earphone, Chen knew that she and Nicole were spying on him, so he poisoned them and locked them on the cell to let them die slowly like his previous victims"

"Oh god! So that's why Grace forces us to stop the communicator ..."

"Don't worry about me and Grace. We're fine. She has saved them and we had get them outside the cell. Chen is heading to the UBC passage. He still thinks that we're dead! You and your team must go there to catch him. Corner all of the doors of secret passages, we'll come there soon."

"Got it, son. See you soon!"

"Besides, can you send the team to look after Nicole and Megan? They're seriously ill!"

"Will do. Bye!"

"So Willie ..." Andrew turns his back to Grace who assures Nicole and Megan in the meantime "I've called my dad and he agrees to send his team to take care my girl and Nic. So what do we do now? We can't leave them there!" 

"At least these henchmen give them the knife. They will have a weapon to defense themselves. Anyway, let's hurry, Chen will flee at all costs after he discovers our fake crime scene!"

4 of them rushes back to the door which they break into Chen's basement. They manage to get the guards and dogs outside sleeping again. Before Andrew and Grace reach the SUV, Grace assures Nicole and Megan:

"Sheriff's team will come shortly to rescue you. Can you stay there to wait for them? Moreover, beware of these guys! Don't let them get away after they are awake. I need to help Andrew and his dad to stop Chen"

Painfully, they nod as they try to stop the cough. Megan tries to talk as she viciously coughs:

"Willington, don't you dare ...."

"I told you! He's not my boyfriend! Chen is just playing your feelings! Don't talk anymore! I told you, the more you talk, the more the toxic of that weapon will kill your throat, soon your lives. Don't be silly to be jealous of me, OK? I never steal your boyfriend. Stay there with Nicole and wait for the sheriff's team!"

Then, Grace quickly jumps back on the Toyota SUV with Andrew heading back to the fac. They hurriedly drive with the maddest speed ...

3: 30 AM, Fac. of Science UBC, Vancouver, Canada ....

"Sir! All of the doors of the passage have been cornered!"

"Good job, Dan. Go back to your position! Hey Luke, Sheriff McCollins here! Have you noticed the presence of Chen?"