Chapter 1 case 3.1: The studied cabinet

Warning: This case is under Grace's narration via her diary! Enjoy at all!

September 1st, 2014, Beverly Hills middle school, CA ...

After spending the entire summer holiday with my family, it was the time I must return to my duties at school. I had been the student of grade 8 at that time. This would be my last year at the middle school, then I would move to high school ... Oh, it was complicated because I haven't decided where I would study. 

I had the English Literature at that day and I tried to find my class to attend. I looked around to find the class while I was holding my books. Suddenly I bumped into someone who made me fell down on the floor. 

"Oh I'm sorry. Are you OK?"

I looked upward. Oh no, I bumped into the boy who I glanced in the last day of school year! The 5'8" boy with bright brown hair and blue eyes! I had seen him and I wished stayed away from him to pursue only my goals and now I had foiled it! What should I do?

"Hey you, are you OK?" The boy shook my shoulder once again.

"Oh yes I'm  .... fine thank you ... I must say sorry first ... I didn't watch ..." For the first time I have never hesitated like this. Normally faced with boys I could handle myself ...

"You didn't need to say sorry. It's my fault! Here let me help you!" He said as he helped me gathering those books lying on the floor.

"Thank you!" I stood up and went away

"Oh c'mon please don't walk away like this! I haven't known you yet. What's your name?" He followed me quickly as he could, but indeed I didn't want to talk with him. I have foreseen my future with him in the last day of grade 7 and I decided to escape, and now it was hopeless!

"Grace Willington! How about you?" I didn't have the choice to stay away from him anymore. And honestly I didn't want to do harmful with him

"What a nice name! Matthew Scotter, nice to meet you!" He introduced himself as he raised his palm to me

"Well nice to meet you too!" I chattered as I shook his hand and my eyes tried to avoid his craziest blue eyes next to me

"What do you do now?"

"I try to find the English literature class ... Oh no it's only 5 minutes now. I haven't found my class yet! I'm sorry I can't make acquaintance with you ... "

"It's alright me too" He calmed me down "You just go ahead and turn right that's all!"

"Thanks!"

"Can we go now?"

Jesus, he flirted with me and I couldn't fight myself against his sweet voice. Finally, I realized Nicole was right, but I never stopped running away "You should go first, Matthew. I think I have missed some materials in my studied cabinet, I will go there later. See you soon!"   

"OK. Hope you enjoy your best day at school!" He said then he left. Then I felt myself normal again. Suddenly the bells rang and I was late now! If only I went with him again! No I wouldn't fall for him like that. But something made me forget him now that I saw Belliste opening her locker. Then suddenly she went inside it with weird explanation! What the hell was going on here? First was Matthew then her. The cabinet contained all small shelves which was pinned on the wall, there was no way that Belliste could enter easily. Curiously, I came toward to the mysterious cabinet, I attempted to hold the door knob, then I was amazed that the shelf was locked inside. Oh my god, I wondered what was inside this freaky cabinet and how Belliste could go inside easily like that? As a surprise I picked up the new card which lied on the floor and I suspected there was something wrong about Belliste. She wasn't the person who I believed was mean, selfish and spoiled before. At this moment she looked like a criminal and she had which plan I didn't know. Moreover, I noticed there was a light through the leak of the cabinet. No way even the cabinet was shut there wasn't any light sparkling inside it.