Chapter 7 case 3.3: The culprit

Warning: The whole case will be under Grace's narration via her diary. Enjoy at all!

My shift had been replaced after reaching 6:30AM at that day. I slowly approached the bed and quickly covered myself with the white blanket while Matthew woke up to watch the house ...

The sleep didn't went longer as someone knocked the door of this house viciously. I quickly woke up, grabbed the wig which I used in this early morning. As Matthew cautiously opened, his jaws dropped out and stuttered:

"Kev...v...v...innnnn???"

I came closer and covered the mouth. Kevin came to us with an appearance of abused victim. His left eye received a black one unexplainedly. All of his beautiful face and his masculine body presented a lot of scratches and serious bruises even some of them caused one part of his face and his body was slightly bleed. His clothes was tearfully shattered horribly as he removed one of his biggest coat outside and the bag when he came inside. Matthew shocked:

"Jesus, buddy, are you OK?!"

"We'll help you immediately! Matt, come to take out a pack of ice in your house with a cloth! Kev, lie on this bed, you must be tired!"

Kev obeyed lie down on the bed. I quickly covered the blanket over his body. As Matthew carried a bucket of ice and a wet cloth, I took out some cubes then put them into the cloth, after that, I held it to his black area. He yelled out loudly and I assured him:

"It's OK, this will help you ease the injuries. Matt, can you give him a cup of water please?"

Matt nodded then he came to the kitchen to pour the water into a cup. 

"Here's yours!"

"Thanks" Kevin whispered as his hand held that cup. He slowly sipped then he lied down on the bed once more. 

"Are you feel better, Kev?" I asked as I held the cloth in another injuries area

"It's OK, Gracie. Sorry to visit you two early without notification."

"What's wrong with you, Kev? Who beat you?"

"I came here to tell you why. Yesterday, I went back to my house. I said that I was home alone and I would wait for Akiko in my house. She did. At first there was nothing wrong when we ate dinner together and watched her favorite movies"

"When did Akiko visit your home?" I asked 

"Around 6PM yesterday. She is calm and kind as usual. Suddenly, at 9PM, her behavior changed respectively"

"How?"

"She behaved that she felt headache and dizzy. I asked if she needed to go home, she suddenly yelled out painfully, it seemed like she couldn't hear my voice anymore. She looked like be controlled by someone as I witnessed clearly her bracelet, it signaled red! I tried to touch her, she kicked and hit me savagely! Then without words she pushed me harshly, caused me falling on the glass table. That table was broken cause of my falling body! The shattered glasses scratched my clothes even my skin! I swear, it isn't her fault, it's someone else who forced her did it!"

"Then what's next?" I interrupted

"After I fell on the glass table, I bet she attempted to come closer in order to continue to attack but there was another voice, I didn't know, it said that it was enough and Akiko should leave the house to meet the controller maybe. I tried to approach her but the pain couldn't let me do that, thus I fell into deep sleep. I woke up in this morning, I couldn't drive my car here, so I took some of my acting tools and wore the coat to hide my bruises and scratches, and I came here on foot!"