Chapter 2 case 3.3: The deal

Warning: The whole case will be under Grace's narration via her diary. Enjoy at all!

Until Matthew's figure was diminished completely, I started going home. My thought of schedule had distracted easily as my memories of Matt revived strongly. For a long time I didn't think about him. I deeply thought about his story about Rosaline's murder and few of the past memories flooded back into my mind. I couldn't forgive him about his actions and he knew it, but I couldn't understand why he needed me badly like this. Usually he said that he could do it himself but his pride faded quickly after our separation.

"Mom, dad, I'm home! Sorry I go late!" I yelled. But in my eyes, they packed their luggage hurriedly without explanation. They caught my figure then dad approached me

"Gracie, finally you have gone home!"

"I'm sorry ..."

"It's OK. I know. Anyway, we must go now."

"Where do you go?!" I rolled my eyes staring at dad's blue ones

"Oh don't you remember that about a week ago, we said that we went to the business trip in Munich?" His soft words soon reminded me a week ago. Of course, I almost forgot, they did say it to me but my busy schedule made me hardly to recall it

"Oh yes ... Sorry dad, I'm busy for studying" I laughed in response

"I know honey!" Dad gently kissed my forehead "Well, I must take car immediately. The flight will be departed at midnight. Goodbye, dear. Take care of yourself. We'll be back 10 days later"

"Yes, dad!" I clearly answered. 

"And I've cooked some of essential foods for you, my kitten" Mom said "Well, it looked like that you have 2 weeks to review before the final exam right?"

"Yeah mom!"

"So it's alright if you stay alone. Alright, bye dear"

"Bye mom and dad. See you later!" I happily waved them 

After that mom got inside the black Ford car which dad was responsible for driving. They drove away further until I couldn't see them anymore. 

I calmly closed the door, I quickly leant on it and I sighed. My mind of Matt appeared once more. Should I help him or not? He betrayed me and I knew that he wouldn't deserve to get my help. Moreover, he knew my location via Kevin. What?! Kevin promised me to keep me out of Matthew. Angrily, I dialed him, as soon as he picked up, I yelled:

"Kev! Today I meet Matthew! He said that you helped him to find me! You swear that you keep me from that jerk!"

"Calm down, Gracie! I'm sorry to tell you about that. At first he asked me that where Nicole was, I replied that she moved to Canada to live. It seemed that he finally learnt about your presence in the winter holiday 2015, so he quickly asked me about you. I tried to refuse but he convinced me badly and very well. I had no choice so I told him that you studied in Los Angeles high school."

"Is that all?" 

"Yes, so what do you want more? Your address? I know it but why should I give that to him? It's private. I think that this guy has enough information to find you."

"I see" I calmly said "Did Matthew tell you that he was falsely blackmailed?"

"No, why?"

"He said that his ex-girlfriend Rosaline was murdered about two weeks ago, and he claimed that he was blamed by someone"

"So that's why he urged me to tell about you. Yes, Rosaline was found murdered on April 12th, she was stabbed at 3:45PM when the bells rang. The school still shut, I'm still at home."