Chapter 4 case 4: The dam source

Grace steadily steps inside her home. She sits down on the wooden chair as she sighs. She drinks water crazily as if she is in the desert island. Her furious thoughts towards Andrew, his father and his mean girlfriend still remains inside her. She never wishes working with that type of people. She doesn't blame on her cousin too much because Nicole just wants maintaining a peaceful relationship between Grace and her mean friend. But truth is ugly, she knows how she hurts Nicole and Andrew's father too much. Even Andrew and his girlfriend. 

"I don't mind how they think about me now. As I said to Nicole, with damn style of Andrew's father, the criminal will escape easily. I've made a wise choice that I didn't hand Murphy's gun to Sheriff. I should spend time on investigating the case alone a bit. I'll try to find where Murphy was dead truly. The map I accidentally handed over Andrew but it doesn't matter as I have taken picture secretly without Andrew's knowledge. I will print it and put it on the zipper because it's water resistant. All of my devices should be protected from water either. I can't let the investigation of water in that damn passage cause all of my gadgets getting wet!"

3 AM, Faculty of Sciences, Vancouver, BC ....

Grace silently tiptoes to the gate of UBC. She has been cautious in order to avoid police not only typical police but also Sheriff's colleagues due to the fact that she disobeys him right away. She stills remembers the exit of the gate and as she approaches it, she tries to press the button near there and finally she has entered the passage once more. 

"Let's find the place where Murphy was dead truly! During investigation with Andrew, he said that the water is existed, definitely Murphy and the criminal have been near the stairs to secret lab room. Perhaps the culprit will find the place to drown Murphy near there. Just as I thought, this signal may be a place containing water, next to it I don't know what is it. I must go straight by the way. Who's that?!" 

She quickly turns her head behind. Turning out there is only her in this lonely shortcut.

"Strange. I felt that somebody has stalked me. Never mind! Now go straight!"

She calmly heads to the first place where she and Andrew first went together. Even there is nothing wrong between them, she dislike ideas to team up with someone like him and his girlfriend. Sheriff McCollins is similar to Officer Hubbard but at least Hubbard knows how to solve quickly no matter how false he is, whereas Sheriff McCollins is kind of robots controller. 

"Now that place is on the left side a bit I think. Let's go!" 

She's right. Finally she has found the true place which is responsible for Murphy's death. Most of them are sewers and pipes with valves just as in the typical sewage. It's no doubt that the ground is wet, it means that the criminal let Murphy drown here. In there Grace finds weird that there is the big mirror on her right side. Why the passage has the big mirror like this? Curiously, she comes towards and finds a note which is stick to the mirror.

"It's an artificial reservoir! Intriguing! There is a note who writes it? Let's see ... I know you are here with your boyfriend! I'll finish you two today! Boyfriend?! Damn it, Andrew isn't my boyfriend! But if he leaves messages here, the mirror is ... Oh no, it's a two-sided mirror! The security room is next to the reservoir and controls this place! He knows I'm here!" 

The walking sounds startles Grace immediately. She cautiously defends herself as her eyes scans everywhere. Suddenly, there is a bare hand touching her shoulder, she quickly turns around and punches immediately. 

"Auch!!!!" 

Grace looses herself as she is shock that Andrew is following her. She yells out:

"Andrew?! You're spying on me?!"