28 - E A R L Y R E T U R N

__________

"That means your safety decreases."

__________

Theodore Nott.

We woke up and it was midnight. She was already awake but not only minutes before me. I went over to her. I hugged her picking her up. I had another dream, I just didn't scream this time. "I am proud of you." I said to her encouragingly. "You have come so far."

I wanted to complement her, because the dream was. Different. She had been the one dying. "Where did all of this affection come from?" She asked smiling.

I shrugged. "I don't know." I lied. I wasn't good at lying. She obviously knew because of the look on her face.

"Theodore." She only said that when she was serious. And she was now. I finally caved.

"Well the 'dream' was— well you, were on the astronomy tower about to uh- uhm-" I paused not wanting to say it out loud, and she knew what i was about to say. "You were about to jump." A year escaped my eyes.

"Theo," she went back to calling me. "I'm here aren't I? I'm not going anywhere." She told me latching onto me. She never let go when I told her my dreams. She would hold tight, until every year that I was consumed of was let out.

She laid back on her bed with me. I rolled her over so she was on top of me. She giggled and put her arms around me keeping me captive. I pulled the covers over us. We definitely weren't going to sleep we both had too much energy.

She got up to go to the bathroom and I got up to change my shirt. I heard the sink turn on, she was brushing her teeth, I usually join her. I went in the bathroom and brushed my teeth with her.

After that we decided to go through the castle and explore. We were always adventurous, of course when things didn't used to go bad. When things were okay. We snuck around corridors looking out for Professor Snape. We heard giggling come from a corner.

Two students stood laughing and flirting. I thought people weren't going to be here til next week. "Did I miss something?" She asked. I nodded no.

"Not anything that I know of and I promise." I said to her grabbing her hand in promise. We continued our way not letting the kids pass our minds.

We made our way to the Great Hall and the doors were shut unlike the previous day. She creaked the door a little bit not to make too much noise. When she did we looked in the find the Great Hall filled with students.

Something was wrong though. They didn't look like they used to. Instead sad. They looked drained. As if nothing was safe and there was no point of living anymore. She shut the door again and we ran back to the common room.

"What do you think they were going back so early?" She asked as I expected.

"I don't know, I think we got told the wrong dates. We should go back to Draco's room just in case those weren't death eater kids." I said protectively.

She raised her eyebrows while standing up. "Death eater kids?" Her lips arched. "I'll add it to my vocabulary."

__________

Draco Malfoy.

Approximately one hundred and twenty miles away is where my love is. In the safe walls of Hogwarts. But only now would it be safe. I didn't mention to her that the rest of the students would be returning today. She probably is confused.

I went through the slim hallway to the dining room where a plan was being discussed about Potter. I wasn't even paying attention. I was showing they is was but I wasn't. I could care less about his attempts to try to kill Potter.

He never did anyway. Potter always saves the day. I hate him for it. But I can't blame him anymore. He just wants to protect us. I thank him partially for that, not fully.

I didn't realize I was zoning out until my fathers wand cane was broken by the dark lord. Again I don't really care about that. I just want to make sure Alexandra is okay. I want her to be okay.

I was sitting there silently until the dark lord returned to his seat and mentioned the floating body before us. My teacher in Muggle Studies. I did a small gasp no one could hear.

Sure I thought her class was ridiculous but not enough for her to die. The dark lord brought her closer and closer. Then I heard everyone laugh.

She pleaded Snape for help and with that she was dead. I couldn't help the nervous and scared expression on my face. After that the meeting was done. I went back to my room in this torture house.

I wanted to leave and be with her. I wanted to see her again. I saw her two days ago yes but I want to see her again and not leave her. I am scared every second something is going to happen to her.

I got spared little time last time to see her. Mother and I almost got caught but I played it off. I have to thank Theodore when I get back to her. I don't even know if I will get back to her.

This— right here— this business is not safe and not easy to get out of without a price. Yes, I was born into it all but I wish I wasn't. What did I do to deserve this? That was a stupid question.

I am always mean to everyone. I never actually thought about it. I wanted to be a better person. Not to Potter anyway. He has is coming for him. I feel bad for him but not too bad as I said. He rejected me. No one rejected me.

I sat in my room silently. I hated the sound of people suffering down stairs— dying. I want to write a letter to her. I need to tell her more about the dark lords plans. She needs more information. I went to my desk and pulled out a piece of parchment; starting the writing. 

Dear Alexandra, 

           I miss you. You know that. How's Hogwarts going? Is Theodore protecting you? I am asking  questions now. Merlin I need to stop. Anyway, I have new information for you. The dark lord is going to try every way possible to kill Potter. I think they connect some how. I wasn't fully paying attention. 

They may use Hogwarts as a battle ground. That means your safety decreases. I need you to show Theodore this Darling. Please just do this for me. I know you love your secrets. I love you a lot. I wish I knew much more information. I will keep you updated, love. And don't get mad at me, I forgot to mention that the rest of the students, or the ones that choose to come anyway will be there today. 

I love you.

I love you. 

I love you. 

I wish I could fill the letter with this. 

                                                                                       Love, yours, all yours, Draco. 

I love her. Too much for paper. I sealed the letter and the owl took it gently, before it left I said something to it. "Please deliver it to her. Not the owlery. Hopefully nothing happened to my owl or the letter. I leant back on my bed and sighed. I just want to go to Hogwarts. I really do. 

________

Alexandra Stone. 

She was sitting in his bed listening to the music in the common room mixed with the sound of the rain and thunder outside. 

The tapping of the sound was euphoric. She went to the window and watched. She made out a figure growing closer. It looked like an owl. She opened her window and the owl flew in. Normally they would go into the owlery. The owl dropped a letter in her hands. 

________

Hi! I hope you are having a good day! I am sorry I didn't post yesterday. It was a busy day. Love you! <333