34 - C O M M O N R O O M

__________

"Daphne— she is an enemy."

__________

Alexandra Stone.

As Marcus walked out with Draco pushing him, he put his hands up in surrender. "I get it." He said running back down the hallway to probably tell more people. They both liked Marcus. He was funny and predictable. 

"Are we going to go?" Alexandra asked trying not to set Draco off. "It wont effect my safety will it?" She joked making quotation marks with her fingers. "Because I have the perfect outfit, and—" She walked over to her closet and opened it. "I know your regular black suits will—"

"Fine." He contemplated for a while, he had one or two conditions. "We'll go, put look out for Pansy, and Blaise. My only condition plus one you already know. And for the love of Merlin, no truth or dare." He breathed out releasing his held in breath. She nodded grabbing the dress she showed him. 

He didn't care what dress she wore, under the condition she knew. No showy outfits. Her dress showed her curves and everything but only the shape, barely skin. It was a turtle neck. Blackish silver. 

Five Hours Later.

She went into the bathroom to change into it. 

When she came out Draco's jaw was dropped and couldn't tear his eyes away from her. He was already dressed in a suit. She thought he looked breathtaking. Yes, they both were the perfect couple. Everybody thought so, but of course were the challenges. 

The boys— wanted her. The girls, not Pansy— wanted Draco. Pansy definitely wanted Alex. They both knew that now. But the only reason for this party was for distractions. One in particular. A distraction from the dark lord. Draco didn't want a distraction. He wanted everybody to know it was in May, and they are partying to avoid thinking. 

Slytherin's probably can't be trusted and will probably go in the dungeons. The actual dungeons. Draco thought to himself. With how much he was thinking, he hoped he wasn't thinking out loud. He knew he wasn't though. 

They walked down the stairs and into the common room, slipping into the crowd not wanting to be seen by people and have all eyes on them. They really didn't want to come across Pansy and Blaise. But it would be good to locate them and steer clear of that area. They had to, it was too much of a risk to just bump into them and pretend nothing happened. 

After all Draco and Alexandra didn't come out of their rooms for two weeks. Draco just made food appear and that was settled. The loud music and the room filled with dancing was enough to make them go blind and deaf. Lights were flashing all over the room, making them both dizzy trying to locate the pair. 

Drinks were being spilled on the furniture, and people were kissing on the couches, getting too touchy for at the party. It reeked of alcohol. Draco was used to it, but Alex still wasn't, even though she's been to practically every party in the common room, sense third year, if Blaise let her. 

He usually didn't. Which was normal. Then Theodore came and helped her. Then he left Hogwarts for a while then came back. Theodore was complicated and had his reasons for it. They both knew that. 

Theodore was seen talking to Luna in a corner away from the crowd in the middle of the room. She smiled at them talking and Luna pulling him into a kiss. Then Draco stopped grabbing her shoulder. He clocked them on the ground. "How about we go see Theodore and Luna?" She asked trying to drag them that way. 

Draco kept walking squinting his eyes. He looked nervous and anxious. He approached them carefully. She noticed he was looking at a girl with soft blonde hair. She looked angelic. Was Draco falling in love with someone else? She thought going red at the thought. She looked embarrassed. 

Soon Draco didn't know she left his side. He was focused on why she was here. 

Alex went to her room not wanting to get in the middle of his new love, she thought to herself over-exaggerating the situation. She took off her heels, setting them on the ground, pealing off her dress changing into about the only outfit she had in here. Which happened to be one of Theodore's Quidditch jerseys that she used to wear to bed. 

She crawled into bed and blew out her lantern, hearing the loud music from downstairs. The door opened and Draco walked in looking mad. He started rambling about how she shouldn't of run off like that and gave a speech. She wasn't listening. She felt sick. She was going to throw up. Which was weird because she didn't drink any alcohol. But she knew it was from seeing how Draco looked at that girl. It caused her to feel sick. 

She got up running to the bathroom with Draco behind her. Draco held her hair as she was vomiting. Draco stroked her hair softly. He could never love anyone as much as he loves her. "Love, breathe." He said kissing her hair. She got up from the ground wiping the side of her mouth with her hand. 

She went to the sink and washed her hands, pouring mouthwash into her mouth to remove the taste. She walked out looking sad. Draco felt bad for her and wanted to know what was going on. "What's going on—" He began. 

"I saw the looked at her." She spoke softly. "That's how you used to look at me. In potions last year." She said her eyes tearing up. "You looked at her with that same exact look." Alexandra pointed out going on her bed and grabbing a pillow, putting it between her legs to provide her comfort. 

Draco was shocked. "Daphne— she is an enemy. We don't like each other at all. Go ask her. I mean we used to date but—" He went on rambling which was not helping at all. She closed her eyes ignoring him completely. 

"You really get around huh?" She asked. Draco shook his head, "That was years ago, all of them were before I met you. I didn't love them. But I love you." He said walking over to her stroking her cheek with his pointer finger. 

"I know." She said standing up. "Let's go then." She said walking to the door. 

"And when we get back change out of that ugly thing," he pointed to Theodore's jersey. She scoffed walking down the hallway to his dorm. 

_____________

Hi!! Thoughts??

<333