2 - P A R T Y

WARNING: Self harm below. 

Alexandra

You'd think I'd get to be calm for longer. After a while of relaxation by the lake, Marcus Flint came running over to me. I get up and meet his eyes. "Did you hear yet? By Blaise or anyone?" He asked out of breath, it almost sounded important. He leveled his breathing after a long time.

"No what is it?" I ask thinking it is something bad. He glares over the lake as if trying to calm himself.

"Draco is throwing a party tonight in the common room. He asked me to invite people that are cool." Marcus always told me things like this the 'top news.' If I had to guess this party is a secret. Out of nowhere a party was being thrown? It seems weird. He might need one after all. He is looking terrible these days. His eyes look tired.

"And let me guess it is a secret party and no one can know because you can't trust anyone these days? And you don't want to take chances?" I say in one breath. He smirks at me and looks me down.

"You always know the drill." He says, smoothly. "Well, I have to invite more people it is last minute and everything." I nod waving bye. And it hit me. I can't go. I have to wear something showy. It is party rules. But- Blaise puts bruises all over me. I never had this problem before now. Blaise had been being more ruff. He had been kicking and hurting me harder than before. I always get the invite the day of the party. Or course it is always short little invites. Super short, Marcus Flint invites. He really knows how to get people to go. He's the man for the job.

I gather up my belongings. Stuffing everything in my bag. I sling the strap around my shoulder. I go up the hill strutting to castle. I go to Astronomy, my other favorite class. I love Astronomy. Another reason I should be in Ravenclaw. I sit down at my desk looking around to see Draco seated at his desk. He has been at everyone of my classes lately. It is very creepy. I haven't given much thought until now. And the memories of this morning. He was oddly scary in a way.

After classes were over, I head to my dorm. I share with Millicent, Astoria, and Pansy. I sit on my bed. They all were gone. Blaise had never hurt me when we were in front of them. I thought of it as a way to get away free. The girls always questioned me on bruises that would suddenly appear. I told them I was clumsy, a lie he had come up with. I found it annoying. I checked my wardrobe. I had nothing that was showy, and that would cover bruises. I had showy clothes. Believe me. But not that will cover the painful bruises.

I finally found an outfit that will be ok. I pull the straps on, and Pansy walks into the room, I still had a body full of bruises that had to be covered. Her eyes met each one. "What happened-" She said to me I didn't want to tell her the truth scared of what would happen.

"I accidentally walked near the Whomping Willow and you know what happened." I say walking into the bathroom. I took the supply of cover up and covered all of the bruises quickly. I run my covered hands in water to rinse off the powder.

"Do you have any outfits I can wear?" Pansy asks me, as I walk out of the bathroom.

"Anything you want is in there." I say pointing into my wardrobe. She uses my clothes all the time. We are the same size. Well she sometimes has to stretch out my clothes. I'm fine with it. I'm also very competitive and like to stay the skinniest of them all. My dad is competitive as well.

After she gets dressed she looks in my mirror examining every inch of her body. "When do you wanna head down?" I ask her. I look myself down one more time. Checking around every covered bruise.

"Well I'm leaving in like pfft... Five minutes?" She says playing with her hair. I can't go down there in five minutes! Wha- but- how? I can't, I don't like arriving at parties, but after a while it is ok. I love parties. Don't get me wrong I do, but making an entrance is very difficult for me. I finally go to my door after Pansy is long gone into the party. I open the door just a creak and look out.