32 - S I L E N C E

__________

"They had it coming for them."

__________

Alexandra Stone.

After Pansy was done Draco kicked her out. "Are you okay?" Draco asked Alexandra who was speechless. She shook her head no. "We shouldn't of done that." He said grabbing her hand. "I would punch Pansy if she wasn't a girl. Not to mention I almost punched Blaise." He said touching his temple.

She just walked to the bed stunned. Again she felt useless. She felt like all she did was sleep, or lay down. Which was not totally wrong. She was doing a lot of that lately. Draco followed her to the bed and when he came on his side to face her she turned around to face the other side.

He went to that side too. She faced the other way again. Draco ended up getting on top of her and speaking to her. "Please look at me Lex." He begged. She stayed quiet— her eyes slowly traveling up his body to meet his eyes. "Say something." He pleaded. She didn't. Instead her eyes looking in the distance. They looked lifeless. She felt exposed in every way. 

She didn't like how Pansy practically forced her to. She wanted karma to use its magic. Anything to make her satisfied. Draco wanted desperately to help her. He knew sex wasn't what he could do. Not that he planned on it. He wasn't going to ask her at all in the next few days or until she wanted to. Until she played with his mind to tell him she wanted him. 

"Love, say something please." He asked. Silence. She didn't speak. That's when he got up. Marching to the door with his wand and disappearing into the hallway. She wasn't focused on what he was doing. For all she knows it was something he had to do for the dark lord, or he was going to drink fire whiskey. She didn't pay too much attention to it. 

Her eyes traveling to object to object, trying to treat her mind on something else. Something that could— she saw something that did catch her eyes. It was a folded piece of parchment that was sticking out from behind his bookcase. 

She lifted the covers off of her and walked in the dim room to the bookcase. The scoring cold floor boards creaked from beneath her. She crouched down by the old bookcase and pulled out the letter. She walked back over to the bed and got back under the covers. She unfolded the letter. 

Her eyes danced over the words. 

 Draco, 

This is the dark lord. Not your father. He is a disappointment anymore. You however has made such big progress. But enough of that. We've killed the Mister of Magic and found Potter. He and his friends obliviated Antonin and Thorfinn. Instead Pius is the new Minister. You see. We took over the Ministry. Everything is going as planned. Just stay low at Hogwarts. Keep an eye on Snape. We can't fully trust him. You and you're girlfriend, you will both skip classes. I've informed Snape about this. That is all. 

And the letter ended. She kept reading it over and over again— trying to process it. She had been not fully but— lied to. She put the letter on the other side of the bed and slipped down into the duvet and fell asleep. When she woke up she could tell he was back. 

She felt his eyes on her instantly. "Snooping now are we?" He asked in an angry tone. She kept quiet not wanting to talk. Still devastated after everything. "You had no business doing that." He said getting up, his heavy footsteps on the floor. 

He came close to her face in a fast move and made her flinch. He took his hand and stroked her cheek. "I would never do anything to hurt you." He whispered, comforting her he got on the bed and spun her around to face the opposite direction. He brought her into his chest— where she felt home. 

She snuggled into his chest getting in the right spot. He took her scent in and began talking. "I would like to explain some of the things you read." He said turning her right back around. "First off. I am sorry I didn't tell you that the Minister is dead— and that the dark lord took over the Ministry. Not that, that really matters anyway. But I am here just to keep an eye on Snape and stay with you I guess." He said shrugging. 

"But that means spending more time with you." He said brushing back a loose strand of hair on her cheek. "Even if it is only a few months and then. And then." He stopped. "And then the war starts." He said in an uneven tone. She blinked. Not affected by these words. She turned back around and pressed her back against his abdomen and chest. 

She shuttered at a knock coming from the door. Draco groaned. "Yes?!" He shouted scaring the person. The door opened and Theodore came in out of breath. "Draco. What the hell did you do?" He said catching his breath. Draco suddenly looked nervous. 

"Nott. Lets talk about this later." Draco said— his eyes crossing over Alexandra looking up at him with spite. "No she needs to know too." He said. continuing on. Draco fell back onto his pillow. "Well. Draco here punched, Blaise, Goyle, Crabbe, and Pansy. Even Pansy." He said looking at Draco with his eyebrows scrunched. 

She didn't say anything. Nothing. "Come on. Alexandra, say something." Theodore urged her on. She thought about it and nothing. 

Everyone was silent though. No noise. A few students were heard playing music, and running. No one was talking or leaving until she said something. Theodore crouched by her side to comfort her— when Draco already was. 

Draco gave him a death stare as in saying he was capable of helping her. Which he was, but both of their help couldn't hurt her anymore than she was hurt. 

And using the bit of courage she had and the bit of energy she said a few words, that danced right off her tongue. 

"They had it coming for them." She said making Draco proud. Draco didn't have to feel guilty anymore. Instead felt a big relief taken off of him. 

Draco smirked hearing her say that. He nodded at Theodore, raising a brow. Theodore scoffed and got up. He walked to the door calmly. "I'm sure you guys have it from here. He took the door knob in his hand and closed the door smiling. 

They both fell asleep. Sleeping in sense they didn't have to go to class.

___________

Hi! Thoughts? <333