A Playlist? A Playlist!

Hello! I was going to wait to post this until tomorrow, but quite frankly, I'm too excited. So here we are!

As you might have guessed from the title, this isn't an update, but a playlist! One with 114 songs, at that! Music has been such a fundamental part of writing this story, but I'm admittedly rather shy about my music taste and even more shy about my brainstorming process, so I've kept my playlists largely to myself, until now!

Presenting: In the Melancholy Moonlight, The Playlist!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2sLSJ0g1e2kwyvu7yuntRX?si=817fb09569264159

Long story short (scroll to the bottom of the playlist to see why this is funny) I pulled highlights from all of my playlists and put these songs in chronological order within my story! You can absolutely listen to this on shuffle, but if you're interested in listening to this in order, keep reading to find out the approximate timeline of everything. I will likely make changes to this playlist over time as I write more of the story, but as of right now, this playlist does stretch from beginning to end! Happy listening, everyone! I can't wait to hear what you all think. :)

~

Timeline + brief and somewhat scatter-brained explanations!

~

1991 — setting the stage

The Light (Cedric + Lucy + idea of "home" and "light" being synonymous)

Be Brave (Lucy, Gryffindor, you get the vibes)

Six (about Cedric, primarily, and his various anxieties)

~

1992, Part One — exploring character dynamics and relationships

Five (Hermione and Lucy vibes, but mainly Hermione)

Leaving Hogwarts (first use of the official soundtrack + celebration of the end of Year 1 for the quartet!)

7 Years (Ginny turning 11, thinking about the future for the first real time)

~

1992, Part Two — plot of Chamber of Secrets

I'll Keep You Safe (everyone wanting to protect Hermione, Lucy especially; interesting parallel to later in the story where Hermione is the primary person making sure everyone else is safe)

Fawkes the Phoenix (lovely piece, relevant to the plot, AND FORESHADOWING TOO, TO SOMETHING I HAVEN'T WRITTEN YET BUT MAKES ME VERY EXCITED!)

Yellow (Cedric vibes as well as general Hufflepuff vibes!)

Reunion of Friends (again, lovely piece that is plot relevant, gotta love my quirky quartet being reunited)

~

September 1993 to June 1994 — Prisoner of Azkaban fun! 

Don't You Worry Child (I wish so desperately I could actually say this to Harry and Lucy, but seeing as I can't, I put this song on the playlist instead, they both need to hear it, with the dementors and all)

Buckbeak's Flight (VERY FUN AND SYMBOLIC!)

It's Nice to Have a Friend (introduction to recurring theme, this is the official Larry anthem, I don't make the rules)

You Will Find Me (EVERLIN VIBES!)

The Whomping Willow and the Snowball Fight (my favorite John Williams composition of all time HAD to be on this playlist, sorry, it lightens the mood after the emotional devastation of the song before it)