Chapter 196: It's Delicate

Sometimes I wonder, when you sleep
Are you ever dreaming of me?
Sometimes when I look into your eyes
I pretend you're mine, all the damn time
'Cause I like you

Is it cool that I said all that?
Is it chill that you're in my head?
'Cause I know that it's delicate
Yeah, I want you
Is it cool that I said all that?
Is it too soon to do this yet?
'Cause I know that it's delicate

"Delicate"
Taylor Swift

~

LUCY:

Monday morning, before the shop opened, we heard a shout through the fireplace.

"Oi, Lucy's booklist is here!" Ginny called, making us all jump. "Send her through so she can pick it up!"

"I'm on my way!" I replied as I downed the rest of my coffee and reached for the Floo powder. Less than a minute later, I was standing in the Burrow, being scooped up into a hug by Ginny.

"I've missed you," she said.

I laughed as I hugged her back. "It's only been a couple of days, Gin."

"Does that mean you didn't miss me?" she asked with a mock pout as she set me down.

"Oh, no, of course not, I missed you terribly," I answered, placing a hand on my chest. "Our separation has been most dreadful for me. How will you ever forgive my absence?"

Before Ginny could think of an answer, Harry and Ron and Hermione entered. I was promptly hugged by those three as well before we all opened our letters at the same time.

A red and gold Quidditch Captain badge tumbled into my hand, along with a small slip of parchment.

I jerked my head up to look at Harry, surprised that it wasn't him, just as his eyes met mine.

We both looked down at the other's hand, then our eyes met again.

I scrambled to read the extra piece of parchment.

"'It didn't feel right choosing one Dumbledore's Army leader over the other,'" I read aloud. "'I trust you and Mr. Potter will find a way to make this unusual arrangement work to the benefit of Gryffindor House. Sincerely, Professor McGonagall.'"

"So we're co-captains?" Harry asked, a grin spreading across his face.

"So we're co-captains," I replied with an answering grin.

Ginny immediately began cracking up, doubling over in laughter, as Ron reached for Harry's badge.

"Wow, I remember when Charlie wore one of these," he commented.

Hermione gasped. "Wait! That gives you equal status with prefects! You can use our special bathroom now and everything!"

Ginny laughed harder. I swatted her shoulder before skimming the rest of the booklist.

"Well, if you all give me your lists, I can go with Fred and George to pick those up for everyone," I started to say, but Ron interrupted me.

"No! We all want to see the shop!"

Ginny nodded fiercely, suddenly sobering up. "Mum's been putting off a visit for Diagon Alley for too long. She can't delay any longer, now that we have these. We're coming, Lucy."

I grinned. "Sounds great. Well, in that case, see you soon!"

"See you soon, co-captain," Harry said with a delighted twinkle in his eye that made my face heat.