Part 5

The door opens from my hotel bedroom and a beam of light shines directly on my face which woke me up.I groaned and sat up, my hair a complete mess. Trying to open my eyes to see who it was.
"Lando?"
"No it's Max, sorry if I woke you up" a warm voice whispered. I shook my head "don't worry, what's wrong?"
"Lando snores like a pig I really couldn't sleep so I was wondering if you had an extra pillow and blanket for me"
"Uhm I'm not sure, where are you planning on sleeping?"
"Well I don't know" he said while scratching his neck.
"I can't let you do that Max, that would be horrible"
He shrugged and sat on the end of my bed "I'm not tired anymore so I might lay awake for a while".
"Do you maybe want to go for a walk, get some fresh air"
He looked behind me where I was sitting "aren't you tired?"
"I mean I could use some fresh air as well" I smile a little "I'll put on some biker shorts and I'll be right there". Max smiled and walked back out of my room, I quickly got out of bed and put on some biker shorts underneath my oversized shirt and put some sneakers on. Maybe it was a good idea to brush my hair as well, not wanting to scare Max off.
Slowly and on the tip of my toes I walk over to Max who waited by the door. We walked out of the hotel in silence, not the awkward silence but like the nice silence where we both were enjoying the fresh air.
"Do you want to sit down for a bit? I know the right spot" he asked while looking at me "yeah sure show me that spot" I smirked and followed him.

"There it is" Max pointed at a little picknick bench near the water. I just followed him where we both sat down next to each other "did you enjoy your night Nora?"
"Actually I did, I had fun... By the way I must say you are a great dancer"
"Nora Norris are you making fun of me?" He crossed his arms, he didn't look amused.
"I- I didn't mean it as a joke I'm..." before I could finish my sentence he started laughing.
"Damn you Max I thought I said something wrong" I went with my hand through my hair.
"You? Saying something wrong? Never" He takes a deep breath and leans on his hands, one hand directly behind my back. He looked up at the sky, I could see how he was enjoying the rest and the silence. I couldn't help myself but I found myself staring at Max. His hair looked perfect in the night, those blue eyes looked like the ocean.
"You okay there Nora?" His voice shook me out of my thoughts, I could feel my cheeks turn into a soft red colour so I quickly looked down "yeah I'm okay, it's a little chilly out here tho" I wasn't cold at all but I had to come up with an excuse.
"You want my sweater?" Before I could say yes or no he took off his sweater and handed it over. "You didn't have to Max I mean aren't you cold?" I asked while holding his sweater in my hands.
"No I would've taken it off anyway so you can wear it"
"Thanks Max, I'll wash it as soon as I can and make sure I return it to you"
"No need Nora you can keep it and wear it to the race this weekend" he winked
"Oh Lando will feel like I've betrayed him"
"One reason more to wear it then"
We both start laughing "sounds like a plan" I said and put his sweater on, it was nicely warm and it smelled like Max. I have to be honest but there is some kind of tension between us that I just can't describe. He was looking at the water again so I decided to lean my head against his shoulder and looked at the water as well. I could feel he was looking down at me, I just froze and kept on looking straight in front of me. I was wondering what he was thinking, that's something I really wanted to know.

We probably sat there for a good hour and we decided to go back and get some sleep, it was currently 4am and I could see that Max got tired his eyes gave that away. Once we got back I grabbed him by his arm and pulled him to my hotel bedroom, he probably looked confused as hell but I couldn't let him sleep on the floor.
"You can sleep here, I don't want you on the floor it would make me feel bad" I kicked off my shoes and got into the bed. I could see he wanted to but there was hesitation in his eyes "It's a large bed Max it's fine as long as you don't eat me you'll be fine and I don't bite... I mean sometimes" I smirked and I could see he bit on his lip. After standing there for a good minute Max decided to get in the bed "see not so scary right" I joked.
"Shut it Norris" he laughed "right night" I said and rolled on my side with my back towards him "Good night Nora" I could hear him whisper softly before dosing off into a deep sleep.