Part 31

After the sun had completely disappeared we went back to Max's house. He had asked if I wanted to stay the night there so that I could be at the gender reveal of his sister Emma. Of course his parents and other sister Victoria were going to be there as well as other drivers. I also dreamed of a pregnancy and kids, but my age held me back. I would wait another 5 years, or 4... or 3.
Victoria would come over a little sooner than everyone else to help me decorate the garden. We would do it outside as they said the weather would be beautiful and warm.
The guests had to put on the color they thought the baby would be a boy or a girl.

The next morning I woke up very early because I was a bit stressed, I would see his family and friends (which I was no longer afraid of) again but this time not as a 'friend' but really as his girlfriend. That thought made me smile and I looked next to me at a cute sleeping Max. I carefully crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower.
I put on a dress that a baby pink colour with white heels, dried my hair and then straightened it. I checked the time and I was right on time, I still had 20 more minutes before Victoria would arrive. At that time I put on some mascara and walked downstairs. I looked outside into the large garden where it would all take place. I already started blowing balloons and hanging them together and made sure they formed a nice arc.

The doorbell rang so I walked to the front door as if I was already at home here and opened the door, there was his other pregnant sister Victoria. With her hands on her baby belly  and a cute smile, she walked over to give me a kiss on the cheek.
"You look amazing Victoria come in"
"Oh girl you look gorgeous as well"
Together we walked to the garden where I had almost everything ready.
"How long have you been working on this? Now there is nothing left for me to do... You're one in a million Nora" she laughed as she looked around.
"I woke up early and decided to start with something, does everything look okay? Will she like it?"
"Yes of course Nora don't worry about that, is there anything else I can do?"
I shook my head "not that I know, Pierre will bring the cake and Max will get the gender reveal box"
Victoria nodded and sat back with her hands on her stomach, I caught myself staring at her belly.
"You can come and feel it if you want"
Full of determination I nodded and I squatted in front of her and placed my hands carefully on her baby belly.
Max came out at that moment, he had already showered and was wearing a light blue polo.
"Good morning" he said before greeting his sister with a kiss on her cheek and greeting me with a kiss on my lips.
Victoria looked at us with wide eyes "wait are you two finally officially together?"
She tried to hide her enthusiasm until she got a response from one of us.
Max nodded with a big grin and then Victoria flew around my neck "finally, I'm so happy" we started laughing and Max left to pick up the things.

Later more and more people arrived like Daniel, Lando, Pierre, Charles and Emma. Everyone was wearing something blue or pink, it was actually well distributed. Max had put the large gender reveal box on a large table a little further where no one was really standing. Emma and I were busy talking and I had already informed her about Max and I. I got the feeling she was hiding something every time we were talking about the baby.

Then the moment was finally there, we were going to find out if it was a girl or a boy. Full of tension everyone looked at the gender reveal box, Max had come up behind me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders/neck and his head was resting on mine. Everyone started counting down from 10 to 1, I had to be honest, I found this quite exciting. On 1 the box opened and pink balloons and confetti flew into the air. I cheered and clapped then turned around to look at Max "I was right!" I stuck out my tongue and he laughed "oh just wait" he winked.
Emma tapped on a glass with a knife to get everyone's attention again.
"Max, would you like to bring it in?" She asked, she was such a sweetheart but still I got very curious. Max walked in to come back out not much later with another box. Everyone started whispering and nobody knew what was going on until I got it all sorted out, "You're kidding me right? You're having twins?!" I shouted enthusiastically, the first moment all heads turned to me and then to Emma who nodded happily.
"Indeed Nora we are having twins so now a second gender reveal box will be opened" she laughed. Again we started counting down from 10 to 1 and then the second box opened. This time blue balloons and confetti flew out of the box and everyone was thrilled.
Again I turned to "you knew they were having twins?" I asked in disbelief, he slapped himself lightly against his forehead with his hand.
"Of course I knew that, I had to pick up the boxes anyway"
"That makes sense"
Everyone was busy congratulating them, so Max and I decided to wait a bit until everyone had calmed down and Emma could sit down and rest for a little while.

Emma joined us after she had some rest and we congratulated her with a kiss and a warm hug.
"So Max when are you going to be a father? You're the oldest... you were born first but you'll be the last to propagate. You and Nora will have beautiful babies" Daniel joked, everyone started laughing and my cheeks turned pink.
"We will  practice a lot before we'll have kids" I responded before Max could react. Lando looked at me with wide eyes "well I really don't need to know that thanks" again everyone started laughing.
Everyone was in such a good mood today and I enjoyed it. Especially since Max and Lando and the other drivers had to leave soon for race week. Victoria and Emma weren't going to come along anyway because of their pregnancy, I wasn't quite sure if I was going to go or not. I would decide on that tomorrow.

After a few hours most of the people started to leave and in the end Daniel, Pierre and Lando were left with Max and I. Daniel came up with the genuinely fantastic idea to order pizza to eat outside, enjoying the sun and the warm weather for a while.