Part 12

How was it possible that Max could make me feel this way. Why the sudden change. So many questions kept running through my head, questions I will probably never get an answer to.
"Thank you Charles for helping me calm down... I was so furious" the words came silently out of my mouth and I sighed.
"It's okay, you don't have to thank me"
How could he be so nice to me when I turned down his request for a date... twice.
"I'll let you rest for a while, hopefully you'll come with Lando tomorrow and see you at the track."
"I'll be there, I'm looking forward to it" a small smile formed on my lips and Charles left the room.

After several hours tossing and turning in my bed, I was tired of it, I couldn't fall asleep. I walked quietly to Lando's room, carefully opened the door and peeped my head in. Of course he was still awake but hadn't noticed me yet so I went on tiptoeing further into the room. I stood right in front of his bed and stared at him, hoping so hard that he would startle. That became reality, Lando jumped in his bed and let out a cry like a child. Laughing, I fell on his bed and he kept looking at me as if I almost killed him.
"What the fuck Nora! Have you gone completely mad" his reaction made me laugh even harder, I grabbed my stomach and a tear ran down my cheek from laughter.
"Why didn't you see me? Your lights are on" I said between laughs. "I was watching something, anyway why are you still awake?"  I shrugged and laid down next to him "were you thinking about Max?"
I sighed "yeah ... so many questions going through my head"
"I'll have a chat with him tomorrow if I can, he'll say more to me since I'm his best friend"
"Good luck with that"
"Do you want to sleep here?" He asked and I nodded "if that's okay"
"Of course"
I crawled under the blanket and hugged the pillow, I watched the movie Lando was watching. Halfway through the movie I finally fell asleep.

Lando's alarm went off and I hid my head under my pillow. Why did it have to be so early, his alarm kept going off so I gave him a push "turn off that damn alarm clock before I let you eat it"
"Good morning too madam morning mood"
That was indeed true, I had the biggest morning mood that you can think of.
"Good morning" Lando sat up and looked at me "are you ready?"
Finally race weekend I couldn't wait to see Lando at work. "Get ready" I'll wait for you "shouldn't you get ready?"
"No I will get ready there, I'll take you to the motorhome first and then I'll have to do some interviews and then I'll come back for you to give a tour" his face shone, he was so proud that he could finally let me see everything that he loves and that I would see him for the first time in his car around the track. I nodded and quickly got ready.

Nora_Norris: Totally ready for it 🏎

charles_leclerc, pierregasly and 874 others likrd this post

User 1: Shining as always 😍
User 2: can you ask Lando to follow me pls????
landonorris: Little bit shirt isn't it?
Nora_Norris: Are you going to turn into my
        super protective brother??
pierregasly: Lovely look! We can't wait to show you around!
JessieNetonn: Next time take me with you
charlottelane: Damn girlie! Show him what he's missing ;)
User3: Who is Charlotte talking about?
charles_leclerc: Wow I'm speechless
Nora_Norris: 🙊

We arrived at the circuit and walked towards the motorhome, on the way to the motorhome photos were already taken of Lando and there was a filmcrew filming for Netflix.
We went in and Lando threw his backpack on the couch, I looked around for a moment and then sat down too. "It's nice and fresh here compared to outside"
"Yes, it's great to cool down for a while. Okay I'm going to put on my race clothes." I nodded and took my phone. Lando returned in his race clothes, soon there was free practice. "If you want you can also walk around outside until I get back, then I can take you to the pit box and you can watch me there"
I nodded "okay, looking forward to it" Lando gave me a kiss on the head and left to do some interviews.

Lando was gone for 3 minutes and I decided to go outside for a while, I walked past the different motorhomes. I came across several drivers, they were all on their way to do interviews. I put on my sunglasses, the sun was shining brightly in my eyes, at that moment Max walked past. I didn't want to give him any attention so I just walked past, when he walked past I couldn't resist turning around and looked at him. While I was staring at him I was still walking at the same time and then I bumped into someone, it was George and because of the impact of the bump he placed his hands on my arms.
"Omg I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going"
George laughed and dropped his hands beside him "it's okay don't worry, what were you watching?"
"Uh... I-I thought I heard my name"
"I always have the same problem! I have to do some interviews otherwise we can walk back to Lando's motorhome, then you don't have to walk alone"
"Thank you that's sweet" I smiled and we walked back together
"What do you expect from this weekend?"
"I find it quite exciting actually, and I don't really know what to expect, to be honest I'm quite nervous"
"Yes I can understand, certainly the first time that you're really here and you're not seeing it on the television"
"It's also quite tense watching at home, but there's just such a special atmosphere here and I like it"
"What's going on between you and Charles?"
I looked up at him with furrowed eyebrows "Charles and me? What do you mean?"
"Well he talks about you all the time, he really likes you and that picture on Instagram. Everyone has a lot of questions right now"
I cleared my throat and ran my hand through my hair "look Charles is a very sweet boy don't get me wrong but I don't think anything will ever happen between us"
"Your thoughts are with someone else huh , it's Max isn't it? Now I have to tell you something... I don't understand what's going on with Max and why he did what he did."
I looked down as we walked "it's just weird George...one minute we were on such a good date and then he's throwing me away like garbage in a bin" my frustrations came back up and I made 2 fists, I pushed my nails in my palms. We arrived and Lando just came back "if you want to talk you're always welcome" George said "thanks then I'll have to visit you a lot" I laughed and he patted my shoulder before he left.
"Ready to go to the pit box?" Lando still sounded enthusiastic.
"Let's go" I said enthusiastically, Lando's enthusiasm was contagious.We arrived at the pit box and everyone was excited to see mee and everyone greeted me, I've got some headphones that I could put on and I stood in the back where I could watch everything.

Nora_Norris: My baby brother 🧡👥 landonorris

👥 landonorris

charlottelane, maxverstappen1 and 1598 others liked this post

landonorris: 🧡
danielricciardo: Come take pictures of me
Nora_Norris: Pictures of Dani boy!
User1: damn that picture is cool!
User2: I love @landonorris
maxverstappen1: Amazing pic!
User3: Max is back in the comments
charlottelane: See you guys soon!
Nora_Norris: ❤️