Part 10

While everyone was checking in I tried to make eye contact with Max, who was joking and making fun with Daniel. I sighed and looked down, maybe I should forget about it just like he's doing. Once we checked in we all went to our rooms. Everyone needed to go to the track today, they had some interviews and other stuff they had to take care off. So today I would have another day for myself, that actually came in handy, I had to let it sink in yesterday so I decided to change my clothes so I could tour the city.

charlottelane
Hey love! Have you arrived already? I thought we could meet up?

Nora_Norris
Hey lovely! I would love to meet up, just finished getting changed, where should we meet?

charlottelane
I'll come to the hotel if you tell me the name, I know my way around :)

Nora_Norris
Sure thing, it's the Grand Prix hotel

charlottelane
Perfect! See you in 10 minutes

I smiled and gave myself one last look in the mirror before walking out the hotelroom. I walked to the elevator while I was busy on my phone. Suddenly I bumped into someone "I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was go-" I stopped talking when I saw Max standing in front of me. "Hey can we talk?" He spoke carefully as if preparing for something. "Hmh yes go ahead" I said, I still had a few minutes before Charlotte would be there. "Look Nora I'm sorry about last night...it should never have happened, we should have never been on a date" his words were like a slap in the face "what do you mean?"
"It was all a big mistake"
"But yesterday you said you wanted to know if what you felt was real"
"That's what I was saying, it was a big mistake"
I bit my lip and nodded my head, his words cut into my skin like a knife. How could he change from one day to the next, I didn't understand. "It's for the best that we put this behind us, I have to go now".
There was nothing more to say and just got into the elevator, no point in wasting words on this.

I walked outside and the sun was burning on my skin, I loved the feeling. I put on my sunglasses and looked around to see if there was a blond girl waiting for me. Suddenly I saw a girl waving very enthusiastically, yes there she was. I walked over to her and as soon as I got to her she gave me a hug "so happy to finally meet you! You look great!" she cried enthusiastically. I laughed and hugged her back"you look great too!"
"Let's go have a drink, I know the perfect place" she took my wrist and pulled me along. We sat down at a little table and ordered some drinks, we could talk about everything. She really was a lovely girl with a heart on the right place, maybe someone for my brother. She asked a lot of questions about him anyway. I even talked about the whole Max situation with her and even she didn't know what happened in his head. "Boys will be boys... maybe he has a wild heart" she said. After a good few hours we had to say our goodbyes and we would meet on Friday again for free practice.

Nora_Norris: Every brunette needs a blonde right👥 @charlottelane

👥 @charlottelane

JessieNetonn, danielricciardo and 830 others liked this post

charlottelane: Had a lovely day!
User1: Goalsss
danielricciardo: @maxverstappen1
landonorris: Looks like you are killing her
charles_leclerc: 😍
User2: who's that
User3: Daniel is me
JessieNetonn: The 3 of us should meet up!

I walked back to the hotel and decided to get chanced in something else. I looked through my suitcase looking for the perfect dress for dinner tonight. I took out a tight red dress, this would be the perfect fit. As I wanted to get changed I heard a knock on the door, I didn't expect anyone and Lando would be gone for another hour. I opened the door and saw a bunch of red roses, at that moment the bouquet of roses dropped a bit and the boy's face came into view.
"Charles? What are you doing here?"
"I brought you these roses" you could hear how proud he was.
"What are they for?" I asked as I took the roses in my hands.
"I'd like to come back to my question to take you on a date"
"Come on in" I said not responding to his question, I walked in and looked at the roses in my hands "they are beautiful thank you Charles, you had not having to do this"
"As beautiful as you, wait a second I'll take a vase"
"How do you know there are vases here?"
"I have one in my hotel room too"
I laughed as I nodded, Charles took a vase and filled it with water so I could put the roses in the water.
"So what do you think? Can we go on a date? I know what Max did and I promise that I won't drop you after a few hours"
"I'll give you an answer tonight" I said, I was allowed to let the boy wait for a while, there's nothing wrong with that. "Of course no problem" he said and sat down "how come you are back so early? Everyone will be gone for another hour, right?"
"I had finished the interviews so I could leave a little earlier and so I had time to pick up the roses"
"Then you were lucky, would you like something to drink?"
"No it's okay, I'll leave in a minute so you can get ready for tonight"
"You don't have to walk away right now"
I sat down next to him and looked at him, a smile graced his lips "are you sure? I don't want to be a burden"
"Don't worry you're not"
"What actually happened between you and Max? He has been walking around grumpy all day and whenever we were joking he would get mad"
I shrugged "we went on a date right and today he told me it was all a mistake, so I should be the one to be grumpy"
"Let's not focus on him anymore there is no point"
Charles was right, there was no point in worrying about it, what has been said has been said nothing can be changed. Charles put his hand on mine and squeezed it gently "you know I like you Nora, if I were you I'd focus on that" he smiled. "But I'll leave you for now, Lando can arrive soon and you have to get ready too" together we walked to the door, I opened the door for him, before he left he gave me another kiss on my cheek. That boy was so interested you couldn't miss it. I went back inside and decided to change quickly and put on some mascara so that Lando could have the bathroom when he got back. When I was done I sat down in the sofa that was also in our hotel room and decided to check my social media to kill the time.