Part 34

He had to walk with the girl the whole event long, nothing is wrong with that. I mean Red Bull arranged it like that, I had no problem with that... they just looked a little to intimate and that's what I didn't like. I couldn't stand it anymore and walked over to them.
"Max can we talk?"
"Hmh yeah sure"
"Maybe somewhere more private, please?"
"Sure"
He says something to the girl and we walked somewhere more private.
"What the hell was that?"
"What do you mean?!"
"The way you and the girl you're working with look at each other"
"That was nothing, I don't know what you're talking about"
"I'm not blind Max"
"But I'm telling you! It's nothing"
I shake my head "I know you Max, I know how you are around girls... I'll go back to your family... I'll see you later"
"Nora! Just listen to me for god sake" he said full of frustration, which I found very sexy to be honest but now was not the time to think like that.
I walked back to his family and sat down at the table. 10 minutes later Max walked back onto the stage with the girl.

I couldn't stand it, it got on my nerves so hard. After a few speeches, Max came to our table, stood behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders. Tomorrow was the last day of the holiday, after that it was back to reality and race weeks.
"I'm going to an afterparty so you don't have to wait for me" Max said while looking at his phone.
Everyone nodded and I frowned, was he really not going to ask if I wanted to come along or just say something to me about this? But he didn't and I wasn't even surprised by that.
I felt him kiss my cheek and then walk away.
I also got up and went to get one last drink before we left to the cottage.
I stood at the bar and just ordered a water, I was talking to the bartender and didn't pay attention to my drink.
A young man ran into me causing some sheets to fall from his hands.
"I am so sorry! I wasn't paying attention" he said, I smiled and bent down to pick up the sheets. At that moment the young man put something in my glass that I had not seen.
"It's okay, things like that can happen." I said as I handed over his papers. He kept talking to me for a moment until I took a sip of my water, then he disappeared as fast as he could. In the distance I saw the Verstappen family standing up and waving, as a sign that they were leaving. I quickly finished my drink and walked over to them.
In the car back to the cottage I started to feel a bit strange. But I wasn't really looking for anything behind it, maybe it was still a bit of the alcohol from yesterday.

Back at the cottage I decided to take a quick shower and then go straight to bed since it was getting late. I turned on the shower and turned it on hot water. The strange feeling had not yet disappeared, on the contrary it had become worse. I saw and heard things that weren't there...everything around me started spinning. I gripped the sink with both hands to support myself and focus on something. With every minute it got worse and worse so I decided to call Max. It seemed like an eternity before he answered, but finally I heard his voice through the phone.
"Hey Nora! Why are you calling?"
The first moment I opened my mouth but no sound came out.
"Nora? Are you there?"
"I need you... I need you right now"
"Baby are you okay?"
Again there was a moment of silence and I walked around in the bathroom.
"I- I think I'm losing my mind now. It's in my head" I said as I ran my free hand through my hair and pulled my hair.
"Where are you now?"
"In the bathroom"
"Get out of the bathroom and go downstairs, find someone who can stay with you until I get there"
He ended the phone call and I started to feel more and more anxious. My breathing accelerated more and more, I wanted to do what Max had asked me to do so badly but it was as if my body was living its own life. I felt my knees suddenly hit the cold floor and my phone fell from my hands.
I tried to pull myself up somewhere but instead a whole plank fell to the floor next to me. Now I heard a knock at the door and Emma yelled my name and knocked some more on the door. Instead of reacting, I fell completely down on the cold floor and everything went black before my eyes.