Part 38

Charles held on to my shoulders and dug his nails into my skin which made me cringe a little in pain. His nail prints were guaranteed to be on my shoulders.
"Charles stop you're really hurting me" I said as I put my hands against his chest, he rested his head against my forehead and I closed my eyes "Charles please" I whispered.
"What do you see in him" he finally responded
"I'm not going to have this conversation with you"
He moved his hands from my shoulders to my head and held my head tightly in his hands and forced me to look at him.
"Nora please come with me, I need you... You are the person I want"
"If I'm the person you really want then let go of me"
"No you have to come with me"
I tried to push him off again but without success.
I felt trapped and started to breathe harder, he stared into my eyes and then let his eyes slide to my lips.
Tears started to sting my eyes but I tried to keep myself strong.
"Come with you? To where? Charles you'd better let me go before Lando or Max comes up to see where I-" my sentence was cut short by Charles pressing his lips on mine. Because I was shocked by his kiss I found the strength to push him off me
"have you gone completely mad?!" I yelled before hitting him straight on his face.
The sound of skin on skin and a groan of pain filled the silent hallway, he quickly put his hand on his cheek and looked at me.
"Sorry but you shouldn't have done that" I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.
"I will win you back" he called after me before I quickly got into the elevator. I took a few deep breaths and looked at my shoulders in the mirror, the prints of his nails very clearly visible. The tears kept running down my face, I was so shocked by his behavior.
The elevator door opened and I got out, everyone first looked at me with a big smile but that disappeared when they saw the tears. I walked over to them and now just started to fully cry, Emma put her arms around me to calm me down and comfort me.
"What happened?" she asked as she let go of me, I looked at Max whose face was about to explode with anger. Lando looked at my shoulders "who did this?"
"Charles..."
"I'm going to kill him" Lando growled who walked to the elevator, I shook my head and Emma stopped him.
"Don't put your energy into it Lando, I don't feel like messing around..."
"Has anything else happened?" Max asked, carefully placing his hand on my cheek.
"He- he kissed me... I pushed him off right away, really... you have to believe me and I hit him" I rattled on and on.
Lando took me in his arms as I sobbed "Maybe we should just watch a movie in a hotelroom and order room service so Nora can freshen up and we're all at ease," Emma suggested.
"That would be nice" I smiled weakly at her and we all walked to Max and I our hotel room.
Once in our hotel room, everyone made sure there were blankets and pillows everywhere so that it was cozy. Everyone said what they wanted and I wrote it down to order room service. While everyone snuggled on the floor between the blankets and the pillows very busy discussing which movie they wanted to see, Max took a better look at my shoulders. After disinfecting them he put big bandages on my shoulders and gave me a kiss on my forehead "I will never leave you alone again" he whispered.
"I'm sorry"
"Baby why are you sorry?"
"Because he kissed me"
He shook his head "baby you didn't do anything wrong, you didn't kiss him, he kissed you. There is a huge difference"
I smiled weakly and together we walked over to the others to sit with them and enjoy some good room service and a good movie that Lewis had chosen.

Several weeks passed, Max and I spent as much time together as possible when he had the time. During those weeks I had received daily calls and various messages from Charles. He just didn't give up, Max and Lando had made it clear to him several times to leave me alone but he kept on going. The last few days I felt nauseous in the morning and when I smelled certain things. I decided to stay at home and not go to the next race week. I knew Emma was staying home as well so I decided to ask her to come over and I told her how I was feeling on the phone.

The doorbell rang and I got up from the couch with a blanket around me to open the door. A good-natured Emma walked in with a bag in her hands
"What did you bring?"
"So when you told me on the phone that you were nauseous and stuff, I went to get a pregnancy test," she said as she put the box on the table.
I started laughing "that's impossible Ems, I have an IUD"
"That doesn't mean anything, just take the test"
Rolling my eyes I took the box "if it makes you feel better"
Emma dropped herself into the couch,
"Come back so we can wait together"
Why did she sound so enthusiastic about this...
I went to the bathroom and took the test, I shouldn't be nervous about this at all, I knew it wasn't possible but I was still stressed. I walked back to Emma and put the test on the box and everything on the table.
"How will you tell Max?" Emma asked to break the silence
"Ems please I won't have to tell Max anything because there's nothing going on"
After the time had passed, Emma looked tensely as I took the test in my hands. With a deep breath I looked down at the result of the test.

Negative