Part 32

A long time had passed with several race weeks. Now it was quiet for 2 weeks, the Verstappen family had decided to take a short break and we went to a holiday home with Max's family and some other drivers including Charles who was now engaged to Emma one of Max's sisters. The weather had completely turned around compared to the weather of the previous days. The sky was grey and it was raining. Max and I had decided to have a relaxing lazy day together, the day was filled with laughter, movies, healthy snacks, food and some wine.

Nora_Norris: Hello handsome 👀👥 maxverstappen1

👥 maxverstappen1

danielricciardo, emsverstappen and 50.693 others liked this post

danielricciardo: Looking for your future? 😶
User1: Amazing picture Max! 🤩
Charlottelane: You're such a good photographer
JessieNetonn: Awwww cute
redbullracing: 👌🏼
emsverstappen: Brother is looking like a model
maxverstappen1: Hello gorgeous ;)
landonorris: Why so seriousssss 🎶
schecoperez: I look beter in it
User2: Max is so hot
User3: Are you guys dating???? I need answers!

danielricciardo: Looking for your future? 😶User1: Amazing picture Max! 🤩Charlottelane: You're such a good photographer JessieNetonn: Awwww cute redbullracing: 👌🏼emsverstappen: Brother is looking like a model maxverstappen1: Hello gorgeous ;) l...

maxverstappen1: I'm the luckiest guy on earth ❤️
👥 Nora_Norris

josverstappen7, victoriaverstappen and 278.922 others liked this post

danielricciardo: Naaah man I am
landonorris: I'm watching you buddy 👀
victoriaverstappen: 🥰
User30: Awwww
max1verstappen33: I love to see you happy!
emsverstappen: Love seeing this 😍
charles_leclerc: Hope you can make her happy man
avawoodsofficial: We all know you were happier with me. She's not even pretty...

The comments on Instagram gave me a mixed feeling, one reaction made me happy and the other made me insecure. But of course I knew that, that's the disadvantage of social media... there will always be someone who will comment with negativity or wanting to break you down.

I was currently laying in Max's arms while he watched the film intently and gently played with my hair. I played with his fingers while my eyes were glued to the screen. Until a knock on our room door demanded attention. I frowned as I looked at the door, thinking everyone was gone and we had the cottage to ourselves. Apparently not...

With a sigh I sat up straight "come in!" I shouted as I grabbed my glass of wine. Charles walked in with a sad face, he had made a very big mistake, I heard the facts from Max.
"Nora can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked, his voice breaking a little. Max wasn't really happy with Charles' stunts and wasn't really happy that he defected from me to his sister. That's why Max didn't respond to Charles who was currently in our room. I stood up and pulled a sweater from Max over my shorts and top, I gave Max a quick kiss before I walked out of the room and went to the garden followed by Charles.

I sat down on a recliner and Charles sat down next to me.
"I'm listening Charles"
"I've done stupid things..."
"Tell me"
"I cheated on Emma with Charlotte but it meant nothing! It just made me realize that Emma is everything to me"
I looked at the floor and shook my head "what you've done is definitely indefensible Charles... she's pregnant and you two are engaged... What the hell are you doing?"
He remained silent for a moment and I heard him sigh, I placed my elbows on my knees and rested my head on my hands.
"May I say something? I actually think this is really bad Charles that you first have to cheat, only then to realize that you love Emma... no, that's just not right. You really need to get your shit together because you're not doing a good job. Maybe you should go home and think about what you really want."
I saw that Charles was having a hard time and put his head against my arm, at that moment I felt a bit uncomfortable and I saw Max through the window look at us. I rolled my eyes as a sign that he had to come 'save' me. And he did, Max pushed open the sliding door and Charles immediately sat up.
"Are you coming Nora? We have another movie to watch..."
I nodded and stood up, a hand grabbed mine and I looked down.
"I'll follow your advice... I'll be leaving home later. Do you want to tell everyone?"
I nodded "Sure, be careful"
I gave Charles a small smile before I walked over to Max and took his hand. Together we walked back to our room and plopped down on the bed to continue watching the movie.

A few movies later we heard the others back in the cottage, we decided to go and see so I could tell them that Charles had left. After I told them, everyone tried to avoid the 'Charles' topic. I saw Emma staring ahead, I went to stand behind her and gave her a hug from behind. A smile formed on her lips and placed her hands on my arms.
"How about having a wellness day tomorrow with Victoria, Sophie and I? It would do you good"
A small but sincere smile appeared "with great pleasure"
"Perfect because I already arranged it"
I stood up and squeezed her shoulders gently to give her some support before walking back to Max who was busy talking with Jos.

——————————————————————
A little shorter but I hope you guys are still enjoying it!