Part 40

On Friday I was feeling a lot better so I decided to go to the race weekend anyway, since our kind of argument a few days ago I hadn't heard from Max. Only Charles sent me messages to ask how I was feeling. I didn't tell anyone I was coming so it was a surprise to everyone. With my suitcases in my hand, it left the house to take the plane. A taxi then took me to the track, I already spotted Lando's car in the parking lot and thanks to his spare key I was able to put my suitcases in the trunk. I walked to the Red Bull motorhome, I decided to surprise Max first. I greeted everyone I saw on my way and walked to Max's room. With a big smile I stopped in front of his door but I heard strange noises inside. My smile disappeared and I gently pushed the door open a little so that I could see through a crack. Max was walking around the room a bit nervously and was talking to himself, although I was still a bit pissed I was happy to see him. Now I pushed the door further open and went in, he looked up and walked over to me and took me into a heartfelt hug.
"Nora what are you doing here?"
"I felt okay so I thought I'd come to surprise you and Lando" While I said that I looked up at the Dutch boy who is about 15 centimeters taller than me.
He planted a kiss on my forehead "I'm sorry for the last phone call"
I shook my head "It's all right schat, I understand"
"But you didn't tell me if the test was positive or negative"
"It was negative, don't worry"
I couldn't read his face this time, so I couldn't tell if he was happy or disappointed.
"It would have been nice... if it had been positive"
"Max I don't think you're ready for kids yet, especially because you're away from home this much"
"It would work!"
I nodded "if you say so" I kissed his cheek and he had to leave for qualifying.

In the meantime it was Sunday and Max had pole position, it was going to be another battle between Max and Lewis but Max was walking around very confident. Together we walked to the Red Bull garage where I joined Jos. He started to tell stories and talk very spontaneously, as always. The race started and it was an instant battle between Lewis and Max, Lewis didn't make it easy for Max . I looked at the screen with trepidation and I had every confidence in Max that he would succeed. Until the Red Bull car crashed at full speed against the tires of the side of the track. I felt my heart stop, my head turned to the side to look at Christian. He looked at me now and shook his head. Jos put his hands on my shoulders "he'll be okay... he's strong"
I nodded and finally after a few moments that seemed like hours Max crawled out of his car, a sigh of relief left my body and went to his driver's room.

Waiting in his driver's room I walked from left to right the entire time while waiting and played nervously with my fingers. The door opened and Emma walked in and immediately took me in her arms.
"Do you know how he is? is he okay?" I asked
Emma sighed "I didn't hear anything yet but I'm sure he's fine, he's a Verstappen"
I nodded and sat down wobbling with my legs as I waited with Emma, She seemed calmer than I was. A beep came from Emma's phone, I looked at her and less than 3 seconds later I got a message as well.

Max❤️: Hey baby, I'm okay... kind of shocked but still okay. I'm being taken to the hotel now, see you at the hotel?

"I'm going to the hotel, will you tell Lando that I'm sorry? But that I do think of him"
Emma nodded "yes I will, I'll come by after the race" she said before she left.
I quickly took his things that were still here and now also left to the hotel. I got out of the taxi and paparazzi called my name and asked if I knew how Max was doing. But I didn't have time for that, with quick steps I walked into the hotel towards his hotel room. I opened the door and walked in "Max?"
I looked around and set his backpack on the floor next to a chair.
I walked to a door where I expected it to be the bedroom and pushed it open. There he was laying on the bed, suddenly the pressure I felt earlier and the worries I had fell off my shoulders now that I could see him lying there.
It was quite a relief now that I saw him, he tapped his hand on the bed next to him and I went to sit there next to him on the bed.
"I'm so glad you're unharmed" I whispered before kissing him.
"It was really scary... I kept thinking about you before I hit the tires. The first moment I didn't know what had happened or where I was"
"Of course with such a speed and then that crash that is normal. Luckily you are unharmed and can now rest, you will need it"
A faint smile came to his lips "Are we watching the rest of the race together?"
I nodded and he turned on the TV to watch the race.
We watched the race while cuddling, it was probably weird for him to watch the race from his bed and not actually driving, but the most important thing right now was that he was okay.

Nora_Norris: My heart stopped while watching the crash, I'm happy that I can let you all know that Max is ok

Nora_Norris: My heart stopped while watching the crash, I'm happy that I can let you all know that Max is ok. He's a little shaken up by the impact, but feeling ok.
👥 maxverstappen1

charles_Leclerc, pierregasly and 302.948 others liked this post

pierregasly: Glad he's okay, it was a scary one
User1: Thank god!!
victoriaverstappen: ❤️🍀
emsverstappen: ❤️❤️❤️
landonorris: Most important you are ok man! ❤️
User3: I'm glad he's okay 🧡 we love Max!
User4: Next race -> get justice!
charles_leclerc: Really scary, but happy to know he's ok now

I noticed his breathing slowed and I looked up carefully and saw how he had fallen asleep.
In the nearly year we've been together, we've never said 'I love you' or 'ik zie je graag' to each other.
"If you would only know how happy you make me and how much I want to tell you that... I love you"
I pressed my lips to his forehead as gently as possible and slowly left the room so he could sleep peacefully.

Charles: Hey Nora! Glad to see Max is okay! Are you okay?

Nora: Despite being really shocked, I'm okay too. Congratulations on the race today! You did a great job!

Charles: If there's anything I can do call me! Thank you, it felt good to be on stage again! We will celebrate whenever you can

Nora: I'll take care of Max first but I'll keep that in mind! And thanks again for taking care of me earlier this week.

Charles: No need to say thank you, just remember what I said! ;)