Part 45

When I woke up I looked next to me where Max had fallen asleep on a chair. I sat up and decided to call Lando.
"Nora, hey! I'm just on my way to the hospital"
"Okay great then I'll see you right away"
Speaking of a short phone call, I heard sleepy sounds coming from next to me.
"Did you sleep well sleepyhead?" I smiled.
He nodded and stood up to stretch.
"It was okay, how are you feeling?"
I shrugged my shoulders "I still have some pain in my stomach but that's normal according to the doctor. Lando is on his way to the hospital, so if you want to leave I totally understand."
"No no I will not leave you alone, I will not leave your side. We have both lost our baby so it is important that we support each other" he sat down next to me on the bed and I hugged him with one hand on my stomach.
"How would it have been... us as parents"
I lifted my head slightly so I could look at him.
"You would be a great mommy I know that for a fact" his comment made me blush.
"You would have been a good father"
"I'm sorry... this is all my fault"
"It's not Max, you really shouldn't say that"
"But that's exactly it... I caused you so much stress, sadness, anger and because of that... we lost our baby"
I shot up straight and looked directly into his eyes "Don't say that... yes you broke me but that we lost our baby is not your fault"
A tear rolled from the corner of his eye, this was the first time I saw him so emotional and venerable. I gently wiped the tear away and put my hand on his cheek "we'll get through it"
"Together?" He asked a little unsure
"Together" I said softly, we continued to look into each other's eyes for a while and enjoyed the silence that now reigned in the room. Max put one hand on my leg and put his other hand on my neck so he could pull me closer to him, before I knew it our lips were touching each other gently and tenderly.
"I really love you Nora, you can't imagine it"
"I love you too Max and I even love your wild heart"
He grinned slightly and gave me another kiss "so are we back together then?" His uncertainty was still there and I noticed that he was a little tense after his question.
"Only and only if you promise not to patch this up again"
"I promise you that" he said while our eye contact was not interrupted yet, by looking into his eyes I saw that he really meant it. I gave him another kiss before my room door flew open and Lando stepped inside.
"Oh Nora I'm sorry for what happened"
He walked over to the bed and pulled me into a big hug, it was great that I had such a good relationship with Lando, we were two hands on one stomach and I knew he was grieving too.
"There's nothing we could have done to avoid this... I just feel like I have to blame myself"
I heard Max sigh who was still sitting next to me on the bed.
"You can't put the blame on you Nora, you can't blame anyone for this. It can happen to anyone" Lando said, still holding me in a big hug "we will support you both and you should support each other most of all, that will be necessary, oh and btw I brought someone with me" Lando said as he finally let go of me to walk to the door, Max and I looked at each other questioningly. Lando walked back into the room hand in hand with Emma.
"Ems what are you doing here?" Max asked his younger sister.
"Can't I come and support you?"
"Of course you can" they gave each other a hug, then Emma came to me to give me a hug too.
"When do you have to leave for race week?"
"Normally tonight" Max said.
"Normally?"
"Yes but I'm not going right away I want to stay with you a little longer to make sure you have everything you need when you get home. Only then I'll be able to leave with peace of mind."
"That's sweet Max, but you don't have to do that"
"I don't really need to, but I want to"

After a few hours Lando and Emma decided to give us some rest.
"Will you take her home then?" Lando asked Max
"I sure will, in your house she has everything she needs"
"Good see you later mate" Max and Lando shook hands and gave each other a manly hug while Emma gave me another hug, then the two exchanged and Lando took me in his arms.
"I am proud of you, you are such a strong woman. I love you muppet" he whispered to me.
"I love you too muppet"
The same way as they entered they walked back out hand in hand.
"The doctor will come by soon so you can go home."
"Finally" I growled as I sank into my pillow.
"I will prepare a warm bath for you and order something to eat when we are home"
"I can prepare something too"
"No, you have to rest"
"Yes, Mr Verstappen" I laughed a little while I rolled my eyes.

After the doctor came by again, Max drove us to Lando's house.
"Sit on the couch, I'm going to prepare a bath for you. I will come get you when everything is ready."
I nodded and sat down with a sigh, it was still unreal. Unreal to know that I was pregnant, that a little person was starting to develop. My thinking was interrupted by Max's voice filling the house. I got up and walked to the bathroom where Max was sitting in the bath to my surprise, I laughed and stepped towards the bath. "Romantic," I said, sliding the tips of my fingers into the tub to feel how warm it was.
"You're coming in right?"
"Sure"
I undressed myself and stepped into the bath, I could feel Max's eyes burn on my skin. It was as if he had never seen me naked before. I sat between his legs and lowered myself against his chest.

 I sat between his legs and lowered myself against his chest

maxverstappen1: You are the strongest woman I know. We will get through this, together. We've been through so much now that I know we belong together. I love you so much my love. You are my everything. ❤️
👥 Nora_Norris

victoriaverstappen, danielricciardo and 495.928 others liked this post

Reactions are disabled