Part 11

Lando and I went to the stairs where we had arranged to meet with the rest. Daniel, Pierre and Lewis were already there. Not much later, Charles and George also arrived. "Guys Max will be a little later, he has to pick up something" Daniel said looking at his phone.
"Okay then let's go" George said and started to walk. "You know you're going in the wrong direction, right?" Daniel laughed, this made us all laugh and George's cheeks turned into little tomatoes "of course I knew that, it was to test you" he said as an excuse. This time we all walked in the right direction together. When we got to the restaurant it was almost empty, which made sense because Lewis had arranged it that way. No one wanted a lot of snoopers while they were eating. We took a seat at a gigantic table outside, Lando sat diagonally in front of me, Charles sat on my left and Daniel sat on my right.

Everyone was busy talking to each other about race week. We had already ordered drinks and snacks. We had no idea what the appetizers were going to be because it was the chef's specialty. After a few moments the waiter arrived with the specialty, he put it on the table and I immediately looked at Lando whose face changed immediately when he saw fish lying there. I tried so hard not to laugh, and Charles and Daniel saw that right away.

I posted the picture on my Instagram story, as I was laughing at the picture with Daniel and Charles everyone else went silent

I posted the picture on my Instagram story, as I was laughing at the picture with Daniel and Charles everyone else went silent. I looked up in confusion and looked in the direction everyone was looking. I felt my heart beating in my throat when I saw Max come in with the blond girl from yesterday. "Hey everyone I hope it's okay that I brought someone"
I bit my lip but couldn't keep my mouth shut "so something is someone what a surprise" my blood started to boil as the two sat down at the table together. Charles quickly placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed it to calm me down. I ran my hands through my hair and shook my head. Max introduced everyone to her but I wasn't listening, I didn't even hear her name. I really don't want to know her name. I tried to ignore them as much as possible but that was hard. They laughed together, whispered to each other. Fortunately I could see that not only I was annoyed by it, but the others were not very comfortable as well. Max behaved completely differently from the past few days. Was the connection that we had all played and as he said a mistake? Frankly, I wanted to leave as soon as possible but I didn't want to be rude and the others had become my friends by now.
"Are you okay?" Charles whispered in my ear, I just nodded and followed the conversation of Lando and Daniel who were busy discussing something about fish. My phone buzzed on the table and saw it was a notification from instagram. I opened the app and saw that Charles had mentioned me in a photo.

Charles_leclerc: Someone was happy with her roses 🌹 👥 @Nora_Norris

👥 @Nora_Norris

pierregasly and 694.563 others liked this post

User34: Lando his sister?
pierregasly: Did I miss a meeting?
danielricciardo: 👀👀👀👀
User35: What's happening?
Nora_Norris: Thank you once again, they made me feel better ❤️‍🩹

I looked at Charles and he looked at me in a way I couldn't explain, meanwhile some others were looking our way but I ignored the questioning looks. After dinner there were some who asked for dessert and others who apologized and left back to the hotel. Lando also asked for dessert of course so I had to look even longer at the girl whose name is apparently Ava. For the first time all evening, Max and I made eye contact, how I wish I could look inside that boy's head. What he was thinking about, how he was feeling, the past few days I could easily read that on his face, but not anymore. His face was so neutral that there was not even a speck of emotion. I didn't look away I was way too proud and so was he until Ava asked his attention, at that moment our eye contact was interrupted.

We decided to finish and return to the hotel. To my surprise, Ava went with Max to the hotel, at the entrance of the hotel Max and Ava were already going upstairs while Lando, Daniel and Charles were still busy talking. It looked like the boys weren't going to go to their rooms right away so I decided to go upstairs already, gave them a kiss on the cheek and took the elevator upstairs. I looked in my handbag to find the card so I could open the door, I walked out of the elevator and walked towards our room. I heard loud giggles and laughter coming from further down the hall. I stuck my head around the corner to see where it was coming from and I shouldn't have done that. There Max and Ava stood in each other's arms and they kissed each other, I wanted to look away but I froze. Max opened the door of his hotel room and Ava walked in, at that moment he turned his head in my direction. His smile disappeared like snow in the sun when he saw me standing there, he was about to say something but was pulled in by Ava. I couldn't believe my own eyes, first he kissed me and now he's dating someone else. I leaned against the wall and let myself slide down the wall, so I was sitting on the floor with my back against the wall. 'He's single he can do whatever he wants' I kept repeating to myself. Hoping it would make me feel better somehow but it didn't.

Nora_Norris
Charles can I speak to you?

charles_leclerc
Hmh of course, on my way

While I was waiting in the hallway for Charles I realized something, I still had Max's sweater. I entered my hotel room and walked to my suitcase, I grabbed Max's sweater out. With his sweater in my hands I walked to Max's room, I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Ava opened the door and looked at me from head to toe, I put a fake smile on my face "Hey this is Max's sweater, would you like to give it back? Oh and please tell him I found it fantastic?" I winked at her and saw her face change. Max had heard this of course and came to the door "Ava go in I'll be right there" he didn't look at her, he kept staring into my eyes. I looked at him with a big defiant grin. He closed the door behind him "what the fuck is wrong with you!" He exclaimed and I couldn't help but laughed a little "wrong with me? What's wrong with you! You dropped me like a brick for her! We had only just returned from our so-called date and you were already hanging out with her. I was so wrong about you Max, I thought you were different and I wanted to give you a chance after our date but now you've completely ruined it." All my anger came to the surface and as I spoke I pressed my index finger against his chest. He grabbed my wrist and looked me straight in the eye "what... are you going to kiss me again and then go back inside and push your tongue in that blonde girls mouth?" I snapped. The anger on Max's face spoke louder than words but I didn't care, I wasn't angry I was furious and I would love to make sure my palm is in his face. Before I could do that I heard my name "Nora and Max what is going on here" Lando ran over to us followed by Charles. Max let go of my wrist and looked at his friends "nothing don't worry, I just wished him good luck and have fun with Ava" the sarcasm was so obvious and I walked back to my hotel room and slammed the door behind me.
I walked straight to my bed and let myself fall on it with my face in a pillow.

I felt the bed sink a little and felt a warm hand on my back "Lando please leave me alone, I don't feel well, we'll talk tomorrow".
"Do you want me to leave?" I heard the voice next to me say, I completely forgot that I had asked Charles to come over. I sat up on the bed and hugged my knees "Ava and Max kissed... our date was just a waste of time" He got all the way on the bed and took me in his arms. "I understand this isn't a nice feeling believe me but it's better to let it go and move on"
"That's easier said than done Charles..."