Part 28

After telling the whole story, Emma and Victoria decided to go home. I had gotten their phone numbers from both of them so I could reach them too if there was something wrong. They were such cuties I would love to have them as sisters in law someday...
Max said that I could stay as long as I wanted and I would stay with him of course, Lando wasn't really a fan of that plan but he had to accept it . Lando and Max had agreed to do some online races when Lando got home.

 Lando and Max had agreed to do some online races when Lando got home

Nora_Norris: Happy like a kid who gets a lollipop
👥 maxverstappen1

josverstappen7, danielricciardo and 10.493 others liked this post

landonorris: He wasn't happy I won
User1: You two are so confusing, are you dating or not?
pierregasly: Playing without me? I feel betrayed
danielricciardo: Must have been a sour lollipop
User 2: Not again, you don't deserve him
User3: Yesssss Nora and Max all I want to see
redbullracing: 💪🏼

I decided to thank Max by preparing a nice meal for him. I heard him laugh upstairs, with a smile I rolled my eyes and set the table while the pasta was cooking. My well-known leaky sauce was still on a light fire to keep it warm. I decided to scoop everything out before going upstairs to get him. It wouldn't make any sense to shout, he always has his headphones on. I gently tapped on his shoulder and the racing boy was startled. He ripped off his headphones and immediately turned around, when he saw me there a smile spontaneously formed on his face.
"Food is ready, are you coming?"
He nodded quickly and I already walked downstairs to take a seat. I waited patiently for Max to come down and in less than 5 minutes later he took a seat
"Did you cook?"
"Uh... yeah..."
"It's been a long time since anyone has done that for me"
"It's to say thank you once again"
"Nora please... you don't have to thank me. I do everything out of love. I would do anything for you" he carefully took my hand that was on the table.

My cheeks turned a light red and our eyes were looking at each other without any break.
"Enjoy," I said and gently pulled my hand away and started eating.
His face spoke louder than words, he loved every bite he took.
"This is really tasty" he said with a full mouth.
I looked at him and observed every move he made, why was he so sexy. The things I wanted to do with him, no one could ever understand.
I bit my lip and started clearing the table until a hand stopped me.
Max was right in front of me and I looked at "you made food, I'll clean up"
"I'm happy to help, I made it dirty"
"No Nora sit back quietly I'll clean up quickly and put everything in the dishwasher."
I nodded, sat down and filled our glasses one more time with sweet white wine.
10 minutes later he sat down in front of me again and we started talking about everything. I always felt that everything was sincere with him, but I was so afraid that he would let me down again. I made up my mind to take it slow with him so that I wouldn't be faced with heartbreak again.

We had decided to watch a movie, he had imposed an action movie. But I didn't really follow, my thoughts kept wandering to the previous night and the phone call, who would want something from me now... and why. Max put his arm around me and I crawled a little closer to him, this felt so normal and I felt so safe because of his touches. What was I supposed to do.... A soft tap echoed through the room as if someone was tapping on the window. My head shot up and looked around with fear at all the windows nearby. Max also sat up straight and put his hand on my thigh.
"I'm going to take a look outside"
Before he could stand up, I took his hand
"Don't...it could have just been the wind"
He knew as well as I did that it wasn't the wind, so he got up anyway. As he went out to have a look, I walked around the couch.

After 5 minutes full of stress and nerves, Max came back inside.
"There was no one there, it would have been the wind"
I nodded a bit at my discomfort.
"Maybe we should go to sleep..." I suggested. Although I didn't want to sleep alone after what happened, I had to. I didn't really dare to imagine sleeping with him either, that would only lead to embarrassing circumstances in my opinion.
I walked into the guest room and looked around the room, it might be weird but it was to make sure no one was inside. Then I looked out the window which had a beautiful view of Max's large garden. I saw nothing in the dark garden and closed the curtains, I put on comfy shorts and a top. I crawled into bed but couldn't fall asleep right away. I was somehow afraid that someone like that would get back in, even though I knew his house was well secured. With the thought of the well-secured house, I finally fell asleep.

A sharp beeping noise woke me up, I sat up and smelled something terrible. The moment I opened my eyes something stung and then I realized what was going on. There was an awful lot of smoke and I got down on my hands and knees next to the bed. "Max! Max!" I shouted as I looked for the way to the door. It must have been burning for a while since there was already so much smoke.
I had found my way to the door and opened the door so that I entered the main corridor. I tried to orientate myself as best as I could but that was difficult in a house where you were not at home.
"Max where are you?" I screamed, this was not the best plan because that way I got a whole pack of smoke in that made me cough.
"Nora? Nora!"
Max's voice echoed through the hallway, I stood up and leaned against the wall.
"Max!"
The smoke turned orange on one side of the hallway, so I knew where the flames were at the moment. The other side of the hallway was almost invisible so I decided to go that way.
The smoke burned my eyes and my lungs. It became increasingly difficult to breathe and there was more and more coughing. Now I heard Max coughing so followed the sound, my hands slid over the wall to guide me a bit. The smoke made me dizzy and I tried so hard to stay on my feet, I had to find Max.