Part 20

It's Friday morning and it was free practice 1 and 2 today, I'm excited to see it again. I had to make sure I looked good so I got up early to take a refreshing shower. Maybe I would try to talk to Max maybe he had changed his mind. Anyway, I could just try. I put on my white dress with some necklaces and white sneakers, so I knew I would be comfortable. Charlotte also had yet to be notified of recent events, but that was no good via text or phone. So that had to wait until next week. I brushed my teeth and Lando walked into the bathroom with a glass of milk in his hands. He leaned against the door frame and looked at me "good morning"

 He leaned against the door frame and looked at me "good morning"

"Good morning" I said with a full mouth.
"Slept well?"
I nodded and made sure there was no more toothpaste hanging from my mouth.
"You?"
"Yes, but we leave in half an hour"
"I'm ready"
I walked out of the bathroom and looked for my phone, I walked past a mirror and looked at myself with a sigh. I looked at my neck where the two hickeys had almost completely faded. The events of that night played through my mind as I ran the tips of my fingers over the two spots. My thoughts were disturbed by the sound of my phone, I was happy that my sound was on then it was easier to find it.

charles_leclerc
Are you coming to the free practices today?

Nora_Norris
Yeah I'll be there!
Just waiting on Lando so we can leave

charles_leclerc
Good to know!
So I can show you what I can

Nora_Norris
Pfff just be careful there
I'll see you there

Lando and I arrived at the McLaren garage and we greeted everyone. Lando handed me his cap and I put it on my head. He went to get ready and I waited for him in the garage. The sun was shining so that was good, but later today they gave out rain anyway and then free practice 2 continued. Lando had a good feeling during FP1 so he was already looking forward to FP2. We decided to have a quick bite to eat with Daniel. While we were eating outside some dark clouds came up that looked menacing. Lando and Daniel joked all afternoon to distract me from my thoughts. At that moment I felt 2 hands on my shoulders squeezing gently."Good afternoon guys and Nora" said Charles."Hey you, are you okay?" I said"Daniel and I have to talk, Nora you should go to the McLaren garage later and I'll see you there" Lando said as he quickly got up with Daniel.That was a bit suspicious and weird. Charles then sat down. "Are you okay?""I'm perfectly fine, don't worry about me" "Oh I'm not worried about you Nora, I know you're a strong girl" he said, taking my hand."Why don't we have a nice dinner tonight?""Yeah that's good, why not""Really?""uhm yeah?""I didn't expect that but you won't hear me complaining"I rolled my eyes "What time do I have to be ready?""Uh at 7 pm downstairs in the hotel?""Perfect then I have enough time to get ready"

Moments later I was back in the McLaren garage with headphones on. In the meantime it was splashing slightly, there were few drops but they were large. I also 'stole' a sweater from Lando because I got a bit cold in my dress. Everyone had started FP2 except Pierre due to circumstances and problems with his car. In FP1, Pierre had put in a good time and he should be proud of it. He must have regretted having to stand aside and watch.