Part 22

Max had won the race, he was so happy and on the inside I was happy for him but I couldn't show that. I was waiting by the motorhomes on Charles and Lando. I was considering to tell them both about what Max had said before the race. That boy needed time to think about what he wanted. Because I had the feeling that he was tied up with himself and his feelings. I walked back and forth for a while, while I waited, the entire scenario playing in my head and I was staring at the ground. Now I started thinking about Charles... were we together because we loved each other? I was sure that Charles loved me, but whether that was really the case with me was a big question mark at the moment. Lando came over and took me in his arms
"I'm proud of you and next time I'll watch in the McLaren garage again because I feel more at home there"
"Always welcome, you know that"
I nodded with a faint smile
"let's do something fun together tonight?"
Now it was Lando's turn to nod "yes I want that, just us or with the others?"
"Maybe just the two of us to start and then we'll see."
"Do you have to wait for Charles?"
I shook my head "no I'll see him tomorrow"

On the way to the exit Max passed hand in hand with Ava and I couldn't resist looking at them, especially after his whole speech. When we crossed, we looked into each other's eyes. Lando saw that I was staring and gave me a little nudge with his elbow which took me out of my thoughts.
"What is it?"
I shrugged nonchalantly
"I can see that something is going on"
"I'll tell you later when we get back to the hotel"
On the way back I thought about all sorts of things, maybe it would better to go home for a week and give myself some rest and think about what I want with Charles and Max. My head is all over the place at the moment... I'll talk about it with Lando later. I was silent and absent the entire drive, even though Lando tried so hard to cheer me up and make me smile.

We walked into our hotelroom and I immediately flopped down on the couch. Lando took out a bottle of water and he sat down next to me "I'm listening"
"Max has confessed that he is in love with me"
"When?"
"Before the race"
"That's bad luck for him. You're with Charles now"
I nodded and played with my fingers "I think I'll go home for a week... and then I'll come back for the race on Sunday"
"Why are you going home?"
"Because I have to think"
"Think about what?"
I lightly picked up my shoulders "about everything, Max... Charles"
"When are you leaving?"
"I would like to leave tomorrow morning"
"Do you already have your ticket"
I shook my head "no I wanted to talk to you about it first"
"Buy your tickets and I'll bring you in the morning as long as you're back for the race"
"I promise I'll be back"
He pulled me to him and hugged me tight, I hid my face in his chest and enjoyed this moment.
"So what do you want to do then?" Lando asked
"Maybe just order something to eat and then watch a movie together or go to a cozy cafe"
"That's good for me, let's start ordering food and choose a movie and then we'll see. I'm going to shower first and change quickly"
I took my laptop from my room and a map by the phone of what we could order for room service.
"I'm all set, what shall we order?" Lando said as he jumped into the couch.
"I can't choose there are so many delicious things on it... you know Lando maybe you should choose the food and then I'll choose the movie"
Lando agreed to my surprise and went to the phone to order room service . In the meantime, I picked a movie, which I was absolutely bad at. So I chose the movie 'A dog's purpose', I've seen that movie before so I knew what to expect. Even though I knew I was going to cry like a little kid, but at least I could do that with Lando. After a lot of food and a lot of tears, the movie came to an end. We decided to go to sleep so we were fresh to go to the airport.
"Can I sleep with you? I don't want to be alone"
Lando looked at me as if he was hesitant but started laughing right after.
"Of course you can, come join me"
Like a small child I quickly crawled into bed with him and hugged my pillow, we used to sleep together  when we were kids and now it was nice to do that every now and then.

The next morning Lando had taken me to the airport. I said goodbye to him in the car so not too many people would disturb the road to catch a glimpse of him.
"See you Sunday" he said while he gave me another hug.
"See you Sunday" I whispered and got out of the car with my suitcases. I had to wait a little longer so I decided to send a message to Jessie, Charlotte and also to Charles to inform him of my departure. He probably won't be very happy that I left without speaking to him or saying goodbye.

The girls

Nora
Guess who's coming home for the week?

Charlotte
Wait what? Why?

Jessie
Like right now?

Nora
Yeah, I'll be home in like e couple of hours, I'll text you when I'm home so we can meet up.

Now I began to doubt whether I should text Charles or not. But it would be too rude not to. How could I best articulate this without disappointing him?

Nora_Norris
Hey Charles, I'm getting on the plain now. I'm going home to clear my head. I'll be back on Sunday

charles_leclerc
Why?
What happened?
Nora?
Call me when you land

The entire flight I had to think about Max, why was he making it so difficult for me. The biggest question is why do I have such a soft spot for him. When I arrived at my appartement I plopped down and looked around. It felt good to be back, I had already texted the girls to let them know that I was home and we decided to do something this afternoon and we were going to have a good night out. It would be good to vent first and then have fun and forget everything for a while.

The whole afternoon was filled with talk and a few tears on my part as well. We soon decided to get ready to go to Jessie and I, our usual club. Charlotte had never met Jessie and she had brought a friend with her too. I always say the more souls the merrier. I didn't text Charles anymore because I didn't need it. We got ready and while we were waiting for each other some shots were already taken.

Nora_Norris: reunited, let's have some fun! 👥 charlottelane, JessieNetonn and melbrown

👥 charlottelane, JessieNetonn and melbrown

maxverstappen1, charles_Leclerc and 7.495 others liked this post

landonorris: Enjoy yourself! 🧡
charles_leclerc: 😍
User1: Why did you go home?
User2: Glad you're not in Max and Ava their way anymore
danielricciardo: When will you be back 😦
User3: I see Max lurking in the likes...