Part 25

We ended up in the Red Bull garage and I ran my fingers through my hair.
"Are you okay?" the Dutch boy asked as he put his hand on my shoulder.
"Yeah I'm okay, I'm just a bit shocked by how he reacted"
"I get that, he can be sweet but when he's mad he's mad"
"You're like that too Max I just saw that"
"Nora I'm sorry that I didn't come to confront you with those messages, it would all look so different now if I did"
"It's all right, I understand. I probably would have done the same... are you and Ava done now?"
He nodded "yes we are... you won't have to face her anymore, so you and Charles?"
"No it was never really official... and then you came up with your words and that got me thinking"
"Have things happened between you... I mean did you have sex?"
"That's the first thing on your mind right now?" I looked at him and crossed my arms.
"No no of course not but I was just wondering"
"Did Ava actually admit that the messages were hers?"
"After a lot of persuasion she did and then she started begging to stay with her and that she would change and stuff"
I nodded and put the cap on my head a little better "I'd better go back to the motorhomes, see you later"
Just before I wanted to disappear in the rain Max stopped me.
"I'm having dinner with my family on Monday night and there's a seat left, would you mind coming with me?"
"Going out for dinner with you and your family?"
"Yes... but just as friends"
I nodded somewhat uncertainly "yes of course why not"
Now I left for the motorhomes in the pouring rain, but I didn't mind the rain right now, it was cooling and it felt like the rain just washed off everything that had happend with Charles.

After an exciting weekend it was time to go home. There was no race week now, I decided to go to my apartment because I was closer to Max and it was easier to go to the dinner tonight, and what would happen next was as much as a surprise for me. I was just getting out of the shower when my phone rang, I quickly wrapped myself in a towel and dried my hands to pick up my phone.
"Hello this is Nora Norris speaking" I said since it was a number I've never seen before. There was no reaction on the other end of the line.
"Hello? Who's this?"
Again I got no answer, I hung up and put my phone back down. Probably incorrectly connected.
At the moment there was already some stress, partly because I didn't know what to wear and partly because I was going to see Max's family for the first time.
With the towel still wrapped around me and a towel wrapped in my hair, I stood in front of my wardrobe. I didn't know in a 100 years where we were going, was it casual or fancy? No idea...
I took a white top and skirt from my closet and put them on, I put on white heels underneath. I stood in front of my mirror and looked at myself, the longer I looked at myself the more insecure I became. I quickly straightened my hair and put on some mascara. I walked to my balcony and the sunbeams fell on my skin. It was a big difference compared to this weekend.

While I was enjoying the sun I heard a fast car drive into the street

While I was enjoying the sun I heard a fast car drive into the street. I looked down as a fancy car pulled up at the bottom of my apartment. Max got out of his car and looked up, a smile forming on my lips as I looked at him. I walked downstairs and greeted Max with a kiss on his cheek, he opened the door for me so I can get into his car. Then he also got in and we drove to the restaurant.
"My family will be waiting for us inside, sorry I'm a little late I had another online interview that I couldn't get out of"
"It's okay don't worry"
I played with my hands a bit nervously and looked out the window.
When we arrived he got out quickly so he could open the door for me. I got out carefully and smiled at him, now I felt the tension rising more and more.
Together we walked in and we walked to the table, I could already feel their eyes burning on me. Everyone stood up to greet us, everyone gave me a kiss on my cheek and everyone introduced themselves. There I was with Max, Victoria, Emma, ​​Jos and Sophie. From the moment I sat down between Sophie and Emma I immediately felt at ease, it was such a spontaneous family and everyone was proud of each other. It was so beautiful to see.
Soon the normal conversations turned into gossiping about the other drivers. While us women were gossiping, Max and Jos were busy talking about Formula 1.

"So Max, you and Nora, what's going on between you two?" His father suddenly asked, everyone became silent and all eyes were now on Max. But Max's eyes stared in mine "we're only friends for now"
I nodded to confirm.
"There's a lot more going on between you two than just friends, you see the connection between you two" Emma said now.
I could feel my cheeks burning, I wanted to look away, but we couldn't break our eye contact.
"We're taking it at our own pace, I've done a few wrong things and she needs time now to trust me again. But she knows very well how I feel about her."