9. Courage To Live

"Kim Taehyung?!"
"Dr. Min?!"

"Ohh my God, Mr. Kim!! Let me see, you're wounded!" Jin said worriedly.

"Now I do believe we're fated for each other, Dr. Min. Who would've thought we'll meet each other here out of the hundreds of passengers?" Taehyung said while smiling, but is obviously in pain.

He's breathing fast, smoke forming under his breath. He can barely open his eyes for a long time, he's closing them from time to time.

Jin stared at him in disbelief.

"Mr. Kim, you can still comment that way when you're obviously in pain."

"Well, I suddenly feel better now that you're here. Really. I didn't expect anyone to find me here. More so, it's you."

Jin sighed, "You're bleeding a lot. Wait, I'll get my things."

He came back with a towel, a bottled water and the first aid kit.

"Wow! Where did you find those?"

"I passed by the ruins of the plane."

"Did you ever know that you're my hero?" Taehyung sang a line while looking at Jin.

"Will you stop it Mr. Kim?!!" Jin rolled his eyes.

Taehyung just smiled to himself. He can't believe he's this lucky to be with Jin right now. And he's even tending to his wound.

Jin cut Taehyung's pants to reveal the wound. "I think you might need some stitches for this," he said.

"Whatt!! No!! No fucking way!! I'm fine, thanks. I'll just heal it naturally!" Taehyung firmly said while attempting to cover his wound again.

Jin laughed so hard, "Haha! Just kidding. You should've seen your face!!"

"Very funny! Be thankful I can't get up just yet, or else I could've have already kissed you for that!"

"Whatever. Ok, just let me clean it and put a tight bandage to stop the bleeding. It actually has stopped a bit. It must have been open for a while now."

After tending to Taehyung's wound, Jin tried to help him to get up to take him to a warmer spot.

"I have spare clothes. You can change into a clean pants, here.." Jin handing him the pants.

"Can you change it for me Dr. Min?? I can't move that much." Taehyung grinning at Jin knowingly.

Jin just shook his head, smiling, and threw the pants at Taehyung's face.

*******

Jin gave Taehyung a jacket too after he changed his pants to keep him warm. Then he took out a pack of raisin bread and water.

"I don't eat raisin." Taehyung said.

"Then just remove it and eat only the bread! This is not the time for you to be picky!"

"I'm not really hungry. You can go eat. I'll just have water." Taehyung was actually thinking they would need to save food and as much as he can, he'd like Jin to eat more. He's used to water diet anyways. Being an actor, he's been obliged to follow strict diet plans. So he can stand days without eating any meal.

Jin just rolled his eyes, thinking that Taehyung is really being the fussy celebrity he is.

They spent the rest of the day talking about their trip, along with all the details that they can remember. One time, they're laughing, the next they look concerned and serious.

"Thanks Dr. Min. I'm lucky to have you here, really." Taehyung said but with sad eyes. "Do you think we can get out of here?"

Taehyung is actually feeling hopeless realizing that they are in the middle of nowhere.

"We have to. I need to. My son is waiting for me." Jin said, really frustrated of Taehyung's question.

"They might think we're already dead."

"Then we'll have to go back soon!"

"We don't even know where we are. We'll freeze to death here!" Taehyung snapped at Jin.

"Then die alone if you want!! I'm going to my son!" Jin broke down, tears burst as he tried to stand up. "I need to go back. I can't just die here Mr. Kim. I can't. I miss my son. So much." He continued sobbing.

Taehyung pulled him back to sit down and embraced him, "Ok, ok. I'm sorry."

He now understood that thru Jin's strong facade, he's actually really soft and sensitive. Especially when it involves his son.

"I'm so sorry Dr. Min. I shouldn't have said that. We've been given this chance, this second life. I should be thankful."

Jin just cried and rested his head on Taehyung's chest.

"Sshhh, I'm sorry. We'll return home. I promise. I'll bring you back to your son, if that's the last thing I do here."

Jin looked up to him and smiled, "Please don't leave me alone, Taehyung. I would need you here"

"I will be with you, Jin, no matter what."

*******

I'm feeling so cold now lovey's. I feel like I'm on the snowy mountains too! 😫

Happy weekend! Pls keep your comments and votes coming.

Borahae 💜

~Author-nim 😊