44. Covered in White

Seokjin's P.O.V.

"Didn't I tell you that I will come and get you today?!" Yoongi said on the line while I get Hyunjin out of Jimin's car. We are already at my clinic. I didn't expect him to come at Jimin's place so early. Good thing we left earlier, otherwise, he'll start an early morning drama and I'm not at all prepared for it.

"I have to work Yoongi. I already brought Soobin to school. Can we talk later please?"

"Hun, you can't do this to me! You have already left me alone at home yesterday, right after my business trip, because of some shit that I don't know about. Weren't we okay before I left? You have to tell me what's going on or I'm totally losing my mind here!"

I am beginning to feel sorry for him. I know it was so sudden, he didn't expect me to be like this as soon as he got back. And he doesn't deserve to be treated this way. But I had to stay firm. I know once we go home, he'll just go back to his normal abusive self after seeing me with Tae.

"Yoongi, please. I'll talk to you later, just not now. I'm sorry." I hung up the phone and looked at Jimin who's raising his eyebrows at me.

"What?"

"You're sorry? For what? Jinnie, don't tell me you are being soft again? Oh, make that soft and naïve!" Jimin said.

"No, I'm not going home. I am not giving him an opportunity to hurt me again. I don't like my children to go thru nightmares like those again. And Tae told me last night to stay put as well. He'll be meeting some lawyers to see what's my best option. He just had some work schedules in line these coming days, so I hope you don't mind if I crash your place for a few more days?"

"I told you, my home is always open for you and the kids. Wait, wow! Lawyers? Are you going for divorce already? Taehyung sure doesn't want to waste time! But what if it'll come back firing at you and Taehyung?" Jimin asked as we enter the lobby.

"That's exactly my concern. Yoongi won't let me go, I'm sure of it. But I have to trust Tae this time. He asked if I have proof of Yoongi abusing me. I do have a few pictures of myself that I've been keeping back then. I hope they would help."

"You really managed to take selfies looking like crap??"

"Chim!"

Jimin chuckled a bit, "I'm just kidding! I just wanted to make the vibe lighter coz you worry too much. You're right about one thing though – you should trust Taehyung this time. And remember, I am always here for you. And Jungkook too, of course. I love you Jin, you always know that!"

I smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek. Jimin has never failed to stay by my side despite all of the dramas I had in my life. If not for him, I would've already lost my sanity a long time ago. "Thanks Chim, I love you too! I'll see you later." He kissed Hyunjin too before he walks into his clinic.

*******

"Good morning, Dr. Min! Hello Hyunjin! Such a lovely child." Clara, my assistant, said as we head to my clinic.

"He really is, thanks. Do I have a lot of patients today, Clara?"

Namjoon popped up out of my office and said, "I think you do, so I'm taking this little guy with me for a while, hmm? Is Soobin in school?" He said while taking Hyunjin from my arms.

"Yeah, he is. You've been waiting for me?"

"Sort of. I thought I'd say hi. I bumped into Dr. Seho last night in the supermarket and said he met you when he tended to a baby patient related to you. I can tell Soobin and Hyunjin here are fine. Who was in the hospital then?" Namjoon asked.

"Oh, it was Seojoon. He was diagnosed with a hole in his heart. Poor child." I sighed as I remember that sweet kid again.

"He's the son of Hoseok-ssi, right Dr. Min?!" Clara butts in while she's arranging the patient's records on my table. She looked quite shocked and concerned.

"Yes, he is. He was with me and the kids when he fainted, so I was there in the hospital too. I felt really bad, though he's not my son, he's like a family too as he's a friend of my children."

"Oh well, I hope Hoseok will pay more attention to his son's needs then. I'm sure he will though. By the way, you owe me a lot of updates, Jin." Namjoon winked at me.

I stared at him for a while, thinking of what he meant, "Jimin doesn't know how to shut his mouth, does he?"

I swear Jimin says everything to Namjoon. I'm just thankful that Namjoon never changed, he's still that caring big brother to me and Jimin. I'm also glad that he's over his feelings for me. He knows we are much better off like this. So we never really felt awkward around each other anymore.

"You know your best friend too well. I'll catch up with you later over lunch then. I'll take Hyunjin for now. See you later, Jin."

*******

A few days later.

Seokjin's P.O.V.

It has been a few days and I am still at Jimin's place. Taehyung has been meeting with his lawyers and their advice are turning out quite to our advantage which is a relief for me. He visits me and the kids at Jimin's house sometimes when he doesn't have shoots or any schedules.

Soobin is already starting to ask where his daddy is as Yoongi didn't drop by even once to see me and his kids. It's actually a surprise for me. The last time I talked to him was over the phone, and I just told him that I didn't want to go home because I'm afraid he would hurt me again. He promised he won't, but of course I wouldn't buy it. So he just said I can take all the time I want just so he can prove to me that he has changed.

Now, it makes me more anxious as I don't have any idea what he's up to. He is always unpredictable, and I know the things he is capable of doing. I just hope he is really a lot calmer this time, dealing with our separation and stuff. Maybe he did really improve over the years.

I am at my clinic, doing some office works, when I stared at my phone. It is still ringing but I put it on silent, as it was Hoseok and I don't really want to talk to him. He would just beg me again to come home. He said he didn't want to meddle, but that's exactly what he's doing. I don't blame him though, Yoongi is his friend so I understand. But I just don't want to talk to him right now.

A knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts, and Clara came in with documents at her hand.

"Yes, Clara? Do I have a patient?"

"No, Dr. Min. I just want to hand you these. It's my resignation letter. And enclosed with it are some documents I've been keeping from you. I will also return all the money Mr. Min gave me. I'm so sorry Dr. Min. I hope you can forgive me someday for everything I've done."

*******

Thoughts lovey's?

Okay, I think this is the best I can give this weekend.

Pls ask me any questions if you have any. 🌟 💬

Love y'all!! Borahae 💜

~Author-nim 😊