22. The Paint That Colors Us

Despite dinner being silent in the Min's house, Soobin is still very energetic eating his Appa's cooking while his favorite cartoon is on TV.

"I miss eating dinner that you cooked, Appa!" The little kid said with his mouth full of broccoli and rice.

Jin shuffled his son's hair and smiled at him, "I missed cooking for you too, my baby! Now, don't talk while your mouth is full." Soobin giggled at him.

"I wonder to whom you were cooking for, for the past month, honey?" Yoongi calmly said.

Jin stayed silent and did not answer. He went back to picking into his food. He can't eat much as his mind is only full of worries about what he learned earlier from Jimin and Namjoon.

His thoughts are everywhere until a breaking news got his attention.

"An update about our beloved actor, Kim Taehyung, just came to us live from New Zealand. Reporter Choi, please let us know what is happening now after we've learned that he has survived the plane crash about a month ago...

Yes, Anchor Lee! According to the actor's agency, Kim Taehyung will be transferred tomorrow morning to Seoul Medical Centre for him to get the best attention and treatments. Unfortunately, the actor suffered a traumatic head injury after his assumed fall off a cliff. Up to date, he is still unconscious. Millions of fans are now expressing their sympathy thru Twit--"

Yoongi turned off the TV, looking anxious and with clenched fists. While Jin is still trying to hold back his tears, just looking down to his food. Soobin is confused as to why his favorite cartoon was turned off by his dad.

As soon as Yoongi sat back down, he sighed loudly and said, "So you were really together in there, hmm?" Then he let out a small laugh, "Don't you think karma is working at my side? Look at what you did to him, Jin - he's paying the price for your sins."

Jin's eyes went wide as he turned to look at his husband. Yoongi's words just attacked him as if dragging him down into the painful reality and truth.

He couldn't hold it anymore so he stood up and ran into the nearest bathroom. He burst into the loudest cry that he's been holding in. He's feeling guilty and sorry at the same time, wishing he's the one in Taehyung's place. He thought he's the one who made the wrong decision of cheating at his husband, so he should be the one to be punished. All these thoughts just came rushing into Jin's mind while he cries his painful heart out.

Then he heard the door opened so he wiped his tears with his hands, but his red eyes were evident of his hard cries. He turned around to see Yoongi staring at him, teary-eyed too.

"Would you like to know how it feels to see your husband crying for another man? Huh Jin?! It fucking hurts!!" Yoongi hissed at him.

"I know, I know. I'm so sorry, Y-yoongi. I'm so c-confused right now, please. The news just got me so hurt, I can't help it, p-please can we talk later?" Jin asked, now he didn't even try to suppress his cry.

"Jin, please. Can you just forget about him? We promised that we'll work on our marriage, remember? Why did you suddenly do this to me?!" Yoongi walked to him, crying.

"It's not too late for you to correct your mistakes, honey. You see who's suffering right now. Would you like things to become worse? Who will be the next to get hurt because of all of your doings? You care about our son, Soobin, right?" He added while he pulls Jin into an embrace.

Jin is sobbing hard, taking in Yoongi's words. He then hugged back his husband, "I'm sorry Y-yoongi. P-please, forgive me. I know what I did was wrong.

I'll make everything right again. I-I'm so sorry."

*******

Jin has tucked Soobin in for the night then went to shower, trying to calm his mind down. He texted Jimin before stepping out of the shower,

'Chim, could you ask Jungkook to let us see Tae as soon as he has arrived to Seoul Med Centre? Pls help me? I need to see him. And I really want to talk to you tomorrow, too. I don't know anymore, Chim, I'm losing my mind.

Don't reply anymore. I'll see you tom at the clinic. Thank you!'

Then Jin deleted the message as soon as it was sent thru. Then he looked at himself at the mirror, took a deep breath, and fixed himself before he went out and settled on the bed.

*******

On the balcony, Yoongi is whispering to his phone.

"Is that how you handle garbage?! You didn't know how to dispose it off properly!! Fuckk! Now, what do we do to clean up this mess?!"

"I'm sorry hyung! I told you I'm not used to this kind of shit. He's in coma right? It'll be fine." Yeonjun anxiously said on the other line.

"And what if he wakes up and remembered the shit you did??"

"He won't. He didn't see a thing. He won't be able to tell that it was me."

"You stupid! Then they would find you suspicious as to why you didn't report he's missing. You were with him that morning!"

"I can say that I thought he ran away with your husband. Coz I couldn't find both of them when I got home. So I didn't bother to look for them anymore. Please, hyung! I got it covered. I thought about this every single night. This is really killing me, you know!" Yeonjun explained.

Yoongi thought for a second and let out a big sigh while biting into his lips and brushing up his hair. "Ok. Just stay out of radar for now. Let's wait 'til things cool down, okay?"

"Ok hyung. How are you with Jin?"

"He'll come around soon, I'm sure. My husband is a sucker when it comes to his conscience and our son. But, well, it's none of your business! Ok, just lie low, will you? And don't call me. I'll be the one to call you."

"I will hyung. Just don't forget our deal, huh?"

"I won't. Bye." Yoongi hung up the phone.

*******

Seokjin's P.O.V.

I am already at my side of the bed, my back against Yoongi's side as I don't know if I can even face him after our conversation earlier.

I heard him climb up the bed and felt him slide his arm into my waist and then he kissed me on my nape, I can feel his warm breath sniffing my hair.

"Let's make love, Jin?"

I can sense that he's trying so hard to divert my attention only to himself, "I'm tired, please. Can we sleep for now?"

He sighed, "Ok, hun. I hope a night will come soon that I don't need to ask or force you to make love to me." Yoongi whispered to my ear. "Good night. I love you, Jin."

I can't help but tear up again, but I stayed silent and just closed my eyes. I don't even know if I can still do it with him after what he did to me the other night.

I'm trying to justify my reasons why I'm still here, at our bed beside Yoongi. I'm in love with Taehyung, I'm sure of it, but I think I'm being punished as it's wrong at all angles. And it's him who's paying for all the things we've done, while I'm here lying comfortably.

I wish he wakes up soon. I don't know what to do without him near. I'm not sure what's wrong or right anymore. I just know I'll give up anything just for him to wake up and get better. Anything, even my freedom. So please. Please wake up soon, Tae.

*******

'The two of us are already far apart
Even though we are meant to be together.
Now we can't choose the paint that colors us,
Even the black breath,
Even your thick white fog,
I feel, I feel, I feel, I feel..'

~Crystal Snow

*******

We'll see Tae soon, just hold on lovey's!

Borahae 💜

~Author-nim 😊