43. Into This New Melody

❗ DISCLAIMER: Hey lovey's, I am not someone who's in a medical field, therefore anything written here are just based on some web research. If I have mentioned anything incorrect, please bear with me. This is a fanfic, please keep that in mind! Love y'all!

*******

"Mr. Jung, your son has a congenital heart defect, an atrial septal defect or ASD, specifically. You should've seen a pediatric cardiologist as soon as you were informed of his heart condition. This is also the cause why he easily catches infections and always fell sick. He also can't engage into hard physical activities. He will faint and lose his breath if he had too much, like what just happened here."

Hoseok covered his mouth and looked at Jin. "I- I'm so sorry for neglecting it like that. I had no idea it's this serious. Seojoon seemed fine to me." He started to tear up and his hands were trembling.

Jin was confused as to why Hoseok is looking at him and seem to be explaining to him. He thought he might be needing comfort right now, so he rubbed Hoseok's arms to calm him down.

"It's gonna be fine, Hoseok. Dr. Seho, is Seojoon's case the type where we can expect the hole in his heart to improve and close on its own?" Jin turned to the doctor.

"Yes, Dr. Min. However, since his condition has been neglected for quite long, we'll need to do more monitoring and a few medication or therapies so he can continue to live normally as he grows up."

"Is surgery an option?" Jin asked. He was waiting for Hoseok to ask more questions but he seemed to be shocked still of his son's condition.

"No need for any interventional procedures for now as his vitals still show normal stats. However, please be more conscious now on what's allowed for him to do and what's not. Then please come to his scheduled check-ups and therapies so we can monitor him regularly." Dr. Seho said to Hoseok directly.

"Thanks Dr. Seho for looking into this. Please send my regards to your wife, I last saw her in my clinic a couple of weeks ago." Jin smiled and rubbed Hoseok's shoulders.

"Sure, she'll be delighted to know I met you. By the way, Seojoon can be discharged tomorrow as long as his vitals stay normal. I'll do my rounds again tomorrow morning to check on him. See you then."

Hoseok nodded and bowed to the doctor. Then he turned to Jin, "Jin, I'm so sorry-"

"It's fine. You don't need to worry too much as well. I know it sounds scary, but as long as you follow Seojoon's doctors, he'll get better soon. He just needs more of your care now." Jin said while he fixes Seojoon's blanket, who's feeding on his bottle quietly.

Hoseok started to cry, staring at Jin with his real son. His heart is breaking at the secret he's been hiding, especially now that the child needs an unconditional care.

"Jin, I- I have to let y-you kno--"

The door suddenly opened, Yoongi barged in and yelled without any care of the patient in the room, "Jin, let's go home. Now!"

Jin stood up, worries reigned down his face, "Where is Taehyung?? What happened to him?!"

"The fuck you care?? Tell me, you cheated on me again Jin, didn't you?!" Yoongi walked closer to Jin but Hoseok stopped him.

"Yoongi, not now please. Seojoon is here and he's not fine." Hoseok said glaring at him.

"Do I look like I fucking care?!" Yoongi said.

"I will be at Jimin's place with the kids. Let's talk tomorrow when you've calmed down, Yoongi." Jin walked to the door but Yoongi pulled him.

"Jin!! You are not going anywhere without me!!"

"Yoongi, I'm not going somewhere where you won't find me. I will just go to my kids at Jimin's house. Please. I can't be with you right now. Not when you are mad like this." Jin said firmly.

Yoongi slowly loosen his grip on Jin's arm. "You've gotten braver now, I see. Who fucking taught you that? Ok Jin. I'll get you and the kids tomorrow, okay? Think of what you've done to me today. I can't wait to hear what you have to say for yourself!"

Jin looked at Hoseok then to Seojoon before he went out of the room.

Yoongi gritted his teeth as tears fell from his eyes when he saw Jin shut the door before him. It is the first time he walked out on him, something he didn't expect Jin can actually do.

*******

Jin placed a kiss on Soobin's forehead then on Hyunjin's. He then went out of the room for a while to join Jimin in the kitchen.

"Hey Chim!" Jin sighed and sat on the chair in the kitchen counter.

"Here. Looks like you could use a drink." Jimin slid a glass of wine to Jin then poured another glass for himself.

"Thanks. I'm sorry for always making your place as my and the kids' emergency hotel. I know once you're married, I can't do this anymore." Jin said as he sips on his wine.

"You know I am always here for you Jin. And those kids are like mine too, so it's never an issue. Even when I get married, it'll stay the same." Jin smiled in response.

"Damn! I knew there was already something weird between you and Tae in Busan. I didn't expect he already confessed the truth even before you got there! I mean I knew those look like hickeys, but I had second thoughts as I don't thi--" Jimin said.

Jin rolled his eyes, cutting Jimin off, "Chim!! Well yeah, thanks to you! Tae told me that you already knew! So sneaky of you! Don't ever do that to me again!"

Jimin bit his lips and smiled, "You know I only want what's best for you! Oh speaking of 'best', what's your plan with Yoongi? Are you really going back home tomorrow with him and the kids? You know he can kill you as soon as you get home, right?!"

Jin let out a deep sigh again, "I honestly don't know. What I'm sure of is that this will be something new for me and my kids. But I want to talk to Tae first. He texted earlier to say he's fine and he'll call me later..

I wonder what they talked about outside the hospital that made Yoongi just let go of me like that. I mean knowing him, he wouldn't care if Hoseok was there or if we were in a hospital, he would've dragged me out to his car. But he didn't."

*******

Still making the most of the weekend 😊

How are you lovey's finding the chapters so far?

🌟 / 💬

Borahae 💜

~Author-nim 😊