41. Walking Side by Side

The next day, Jimin's group went to the second ocular in the morning and then started driving back to Seoul after having lunch. Jin and the kids rode with Taehyung again, arriving safely at his house in the afternoon.

"These kids do not know the word 'tired'!" Jin said to Taehyung while they watch them at the backyard running, crawling and rolling on the grass.

Taehyung took a glass of juice from the tray that Jin has placed on the table, "Kids have different energy levels as we do, you know. Though I think something else just made you exhausted last night, that's why you're feeling tired already." He grinned at Jin.

"No!! It's the travel that made me tired!! Aren't you tired driving?!" Jin said as Taehyung sat down beside him.

"I'm fine. I didn't notice the travel time since I was with you and the kids. Are you sure it's fine for me to be here? Don't you have a home cctv in here?"

"We don't have that. And yes, it's okay. They will fly back tomorrow morning. Uhmm, Tae?" Jin bit his lips, wanting to ask something.

Taehyung looked at him and already sensed what Jin would like to talk about, "No, we're not talking about us right now. We just got back, you're tired. It's not that I'm avoiding this. I just think it's not the best time..

After a long time, we've just realized again what we feel for each other the other day. And everything that took place over time is just too much to take. You can't expect both of us to figure things out after a couple of days. So let's give ourselves more time, maybe a few more days to get used to what we have.

Then we'll talk. We'll see what we want to happen, how sure we are that we want it, and how we'll make it happen. I'm not going anywhere Jin. No need to rush as I know you're not making a decision only for yourself." Taehyung said while holding Jin's hand then he looked at the kids.

Jin looked at the kids too, then he held on Taehyung's hand tightly. "Okay. I understand. I never thought I can get this lucky to have someone as understanding as you. Thank you for guiding me as we do this togeth--"

Jin unconsciously paused on his words as he was bothered by the look on Seojoon's face. The kid suddenly stopped from walking and chasing after Hyunjin, he was catching his breath then slowly closed his eyes and fell to the grass.

"Seojoon!!!" Jin stood up and ran to where the kids are. Taehyung followed quickly.

Jin picked Seojoon up and checked his head to see how bad the fall was. He checked on his pulse while looking at the other kids to see if they're okay. "It's beating too fast. I think he fainted but his breathing is rapid."

"I-I did not p-push him Uncle Taetae!! He-- he just f-fell on his own." Soobin started to cry.

"Yes, I know, Soobin baby. Don't worry, he'll be okay." Taehyung took Soobin and Hyunjin with him and said to Jin. "I'm getting the car ready with them."

Jin nodded and picked Seojoon up in his arms.

*******

In the hospital.

Jin sits beside Seojoon's bed, staring at the child's pained face while he caressed his hand with the peripheral IV. He didn't notice his tears are forming in his eyes as he looks at the unconscious kid.

He feels somewhat heavy seeing Seojoon this way. And he felt even worse after he broke the news to Hoseok over the phone as the latter didn't even seem to care that much. Hoseok was still relaxed upon hearing his son's condition.

Jin thought if he was in Hoseok's place, he could've already jumped into the plane to hurry back home just to be beside his son.

The door opened and Taehyung came in quietly then sat beside Jin and kissed his forehead.

"Why are you back here? I told you, you can go home after dropping the kids to Jimin's. You don't need to stay here. I'll be fine." Jin whispered.

"I can't leave you alone here. Just until tomorrow morning at least, then I'll go before they arrive. What did the doctor say? How's Seojoon?"

"He wouldn't tell me the full details since I'm not his parent. I said I am only a guardian. But he said he really fainted due to a pre-existing condition. Hoseok said he was informed before that Seojoon has a heart issue but he wasn't able to go back to a pediatric cardiologist yet because of his busy schedule." Jin's eyes rolled while speaking.

"Wow. It must be that hard for him being a single parent? He should've at least told you that Seojoon has a heart condition. It's scary not knowing. If we knew, we wouldn't let him run around too much. Well, I hope it's not something so serious though. Why don't you get some sleep first? I'll look after Seojoon while you rest." Taehyung said.

"I'm fine. I'll just lay my head right here. I don't think I can sleep in this situation. I know he's not my child, but still, he was under my care. He was having a lot of fun with my sons and then the next, he's already here. I just feel so bad right now." Jin is getting teary-eyed again.

"It wasn't your fault, baby. He'll be okay, I'm sure. He looks like a strong kid. Don't beat yourself up too much." Taehyung tried to comfort Jin by rubbing his shoulders.

*******

Seojoon was up crying and cranky from midnight until dawn, which occupied Jin and Taehyung's time and drained their energy the whole night. So the two were knocked out as soon as Seojoon was able to go back to sleep.

When Jin was waken up by a nurse entering to check on Seojoon's vitals and update his charts, it's past noon already. He looked at Taehyung, still sleeping at the sofa, then he realized Yoongi and Hobi might arrive soon.

So he woke Taehyung up and asked him to fix himself up and leave for now. After a few minutes at the bathroom, Taehyung came out.

"I'm all good to leave, baby. You sure you don't want me to get you something to eat first?" He walked to Jin and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Jin brushed his hair lightly and kissed him too on the cheek, "I'm fine. I'm not yet hungry. I'll call you later when I'm free, hmm? Thanks for staying with me. I love you."

"Love you too." Taehyung said; after a warm hug with Jin and a kiss on Seojoon's forehead, he waved goodbye and went out of the room.

Jin sighed, stretching his arms out while looking at Seojoon who's still sleeping soundly. After a while of zoning out, he decided to call Jimin to check on his kids, but his phone suddenly rang, he quickly picked it up.

"Hello? Yoongi, did you land just now?"

"No, honey. We're already here at the hospital's lobby. What room are you in again?!"

Jin covered his mouth as he pulled the phone away from his ear, "Shit!! Tae just came out!"

*******

Forgive me for the non-stop updates lovey's! As I've said, I am hoping to finish my old books soon so I am trying to update CS as much as I can.

Some of you have said they can't keep up with the updates anymore, so I'm so sorry. I am just taking advantage of the weekend 😅

Still, thank you for staying with me in this book. Love y'all!

🌟 and 💬 you know it!

Borahae 💜

~Author-nim 😊