38. Hard to Look Away From You

"What did you say? You remember when I said that, Tae??"

"Huh? I- I mean, in general, dentists are like that, r-right? Is there something wrong with w-what I said?!" Taehyung stuttered.

"Pull over." Jin whispered.

"What? Jin, why? I did no—"

"I said pull over, Tae!" Jin is starting to cry, but he's still trying to keep it down.

"Jin, the kids are sleeping. Please, don't—"

"Tae, I said stop the car!!" Jin unbuckled his seat belt and faced Taehyung, his tears are streaming down his face.

Taehyung inhaled deeply and pulled the car over to the side of the road. Jin then opened the door and went out the SUV. Taehyung quickly got out and went to Jin's side who was about to open the door of the back seat.

"What are you doing, Jin?" Taehyung pulled Jin in his arm, but the latter shove his hand away.

"I am taking the kids. We are going back. I am calling Jimin to pick us up. Or I'm calling a cab, I don't know. I don't care. We just need to get out of here!!" Jin said while crying.

"Please, wait. Jin, would you please calm down. You'll just wake them up!" Taehyung said.

"Calm down?! You want me to calm down, Tae?! You fucking remember me!! You knew who I am!!! For how long now, huh?? One month, one year, two years?? Tae, why?!! Why, Taehyung??!"

Jin broke down and leaned his back on the car. His hands are covering his face, he's trying to suppress his cry, but his breathing just became more rapid because of his uncontrollable sobs.

"T-tell me p-please, T-tae. Coz I-I don't u-understand." Jin continued to whisper while crying.

Taehyung stared at Jin, crying and vulnerable once again before him. He bit his lips to silence himself while crying. Then he walked over to Jin and took his hands. "I'm so sorry, Jin. I'm so sorry."

Jin just stared down, not looking at Taehyung's eyes, though he held on to his hands tight.

"I know, what I did wasn't right. I decided to let you go that way, forgive me Jin, please. I was so hurt that time as you didn't seem you'd like to choose me because you were pregnant for him..

I-- I was ready to fight for you, you know that. But how could I fight for someone who's not even willing to stay by my side through it all?" Taehyung completely lets his tears out, recalling how hard he felt during those times.

"...I thought I made it easier for you, so you won't need to feel guilty of me getting hurt since you would think that I don't recall anything between us at all. Little did I know that you needed me the most those times. I'm sorry if I abandoned you just like that. I'm so sorry, Jin. Everyday, I still think of you. Every single day, I always wish I'm the one beside you. Every. Fucking. Day. Jin. I love you and only you."

Jin burst into tears more and embraced Taehyung, burying his head on Taehyung's neck. Then he inhaled deep and tried to steady his breathing so he can talk properly. "It's me who abandoned you, Tae. It's me who needs your forgiveness. You were the one who was sick that time, I wasn't even there during your surgery. And yet, you still managed to think of how I would feel. I'm sorry. I was selfish and weak. I was so self-centered that I didn't even notice the things you were sacrificing for me."

Taehyung held Jin's chin up so he can stare at his eyes. Then he caressed Jin's cheeks and wiped his tears with his thumb. "Can you forgive me for pretending that I don't know you at all?"

"I'm so sorry for how I acted just now. I guess I was just too shocked. But I am not mad at you. I can never get mad at you. So there is nothing to forgive. You have your reasons why you did it, and I have mine too. But my reasons before were selfish, unlike yours. You've always put me first even if I was the worst. I don't deserve you, Tae." Jin said, cupping Taehyung's cheeks.

Taehyung shook his head, "No, Jin. Don't say that please. You are perfect for me. Tell me, Jin, do you still love me?"

Jin started sobbing again, "I always have, Tae. I missed you so much. I always think of the times we were together, and those were the moments I am happiest in my life. I love you, Taehyung. I love you so mu—"

Taehyung didn't let Jin finish what he's saying as he already captured Jin's lips into his. Their kiss was full of passion and fire, their hungry hearts are screaming out of their chests, letting out all the raging fervor inside of them.

*******

After a few moments, they are back on the road. Silence filled the car as Taehyung focused his eyes on the road and Jin just staring blankly outside the window. Taehyung reached for Jin's hand and squeezed it gently.

"What are you thinking of, baby?" Taehyung whispered.

"Nothing right now. I don't even know what to think of first, honestly." Jin slightly smiled.

He's still trying to take in what just happened – Him, finding out that Taehyung never really forgotten about him, hearing all the truth from him, and revealing that he is still in Taehyung's heart after all the time that has passed. These are the things he can't fully grasp in an instant. Furthermore, they just shared the most fervent kiss once more, one that he thought he would never get to experience again.

"You don't need to think of anything just yet. Jin, I'm not asking you to leave him and your marriage right away. We'll talk more about us when we get a better chance, hmm? For now, let's make this weekend for the kids. And for Jimin and Jungkook, of course. I don't want you to think too much, please." Taehyung said and pulled Jin's hand to his lips to kiss it.

Jin smiled at Taehyung's thoughtfulness, "I truly don't deserve you. I love you."

"I love you more."

*******

Thoughts lovey's?

🌟 and 💬 pls!

Thank you. Borahae 💜

~Author-nim 😊