18. Further From Reach

That same night.

Yeonjun, sitting outside his apartment, was feeling anxious when suddenly his phone rang.

"Hello? Hyung! What the hell is taking you so long? I'm running out of excuses to keep them here!" Yeonjun was whispering into his phone but sounded uneasy.

"What the fuck do you think, I'm only an hour bus ride away from there??! I had to get the papers done for Jin in the embassy too. I'm still having a fucking jetlag so don't annoy me!

Have you taken care of the garbage?!" Yoongi asked from the other line.

Yeonjun rolled his eyes, "Did you really want to turn me into a murderer? Seriously, my anxiety level is killing me!"

"Do you want me to give your anxiety a hand??" Yoongi threatened the younger.

"Fine, fine! I already have a plan. Just hurry and get Jin before I come back, okay? I don't want him to see me as part of this. And don't forget our agreement."

"Of course. If everything goes well, you'll get your reward. Now, take care of what I told you! And don't fuck it up!!" Yoongi hung up.

*******

It's almost dawn when Yeonjun silently knocked into Taehyung and Jin's room, hoping that it's Taehyung who will open it.

It seems that fate is working with Yeonjun when Taehyung opened the door and Jin still sleeping soundly on the bed.

"Hey, is something wrong?" Taehyung rubbing his palm against his eyes, still feeling sleepy.

Yeonjun motioned him to get out of the room so they can talk better, without waking Jin up.

"Uhmm, sorry to wake you up so early, but I actually need to travel up the mountain again to get an herb for grandma. My friend came and said that grandma is sick when he passed by her cabin, and asking for a specific medicinal herb."

"Oh no, is she okay? Maybe we should ask Jin to come, he's a doctor, he must at least know what to do even if he's a dentist." Taehyung said, concerned.

"No, really. It'll be fine as soon as I get her the herb. But the thing is, I need someone to go with me. Is it okay if I ask you to accompany me?" Yeonjun gulped, anticipating for Taehyung's answer.

"Sure, no problem. Wait, I'll just let Jin kno-.."

"No! Uhm, just let him sleep. It's still too early! W-we won't be long anyways. I'll drive you back here after we get the herb and then I'll go alone to grandma. So, no need to worry him."

"Ahh. Okay. Let's go then." Taehyung followed Yeonjun out of the house.

*******

The wind blowing is really cold. It's still dawn and the sun isn't shining yet. Taehyung shivers while trying to make his eyes function in the middle the dim woods.

He's trying to understand how he could identify which plant they're looking for as Yeonjun just showed him a photo of it before he suggested that they should split so they can find it faster.

It is quite a foggy morning, so he could only get a glimpse of the white snow and nothing else. As he walked further, he saw some growing plants near the edge of the cliff.

"Yeonjun, there are some plants here!! You might want to have a look!" Taehyung called on him.

Yeonjun was not answering and after a couple more minutes, he still hasn't come.

"Yeonjun?? Yeonjun?!" Taehyung called once again while looking at the plants.

He heard a noise approaching him, thinking that it was Yeonjun, he didn't turn around to look.

"Yeonjun, look! This one kinda loo-"

Before Taehyung could finish talking, he suddenly stumbled down the plants. The next thing he knew, he's already falling and gliding down the cliff.

"Aahhhh!!! Heellppp!!"

He couldn't do anything but scream for help. His mind just kept on flashing Jin's face on his blurry sight.

"Jin.. I have to go to my love."

These are the last words that Taehyung could whisper to himself before losing his full consciousness.

*******

Seokjin's P.O.V.

"Ttaaeee!!" I suddenly got up and looked around the room.

Oh my! Thank God, it's just a dream. I'm catching my breath as I try to recover from that bad dream. I can't remember it clearly but I know I heard Taehyung screamed for help.

I shrugged it off and just got up, took a shower before cooking breakfast. Taehyung must have gone out with Yeonjun to get some supplies or groceries. They should be here any minute.

I am hoping for the embassy to arrive today. If it still doesn't, I might have to ask Yeonjun to do something else as I can't stay here much longer. We're too much of a bother here already.

Knock. Knock.

That must be them. Why are they knocking, I'm pretty sure Yeonjun has a key. Ohh! Would that be the embassy?! I ran to the door and right after I opened it, I felt like a bucket full of ice water was dumped into my head.

"Hi Jin, honey.. Did you miss me?!"

It's Yoongi.

*******

"I want to protect you
one more time
before tears
run down your face
But crystal gets
further from reach,
the more I wish for it."

~Crystal Snow

*******

Hey lovey's! Did you miss Yoongles?! 😆

Pls don't forget to vote and leave your comments.

I miss this book. I might do more updates for this the whole week.

Borahae 💜

~Author-nim 😊