49. Shines Like A Diamond

Taehyung's P.O.V.

It is the first time we are celebrating Seojoon's birthday together. So Jin and I thought it would be nice if we all go on a trip overseas where we could have more privacy. It is quite difficult for me to go anywhere without people taking photos of me, and I'm not fond of it especially when I'm with my kids.

Soobin quickly jumped out of his seat as soon as the helicopter lands on the snowy mountains of New Zealand. Jin, along with our sons, hopped down and started running with their boots buried deep the piles of snow.

Jin inhaled deeply and smiled wide at me, "Thank you baby!! This is really nice!" He shouted.

I walked to him and placed a kiss on his forehead, "What's a better way to celebrate Seojoon's birthday than going back to the place where we made him?!"

Jin chuckled and hit me playfully, "But seriously, you are right. This gives me back that feeling I had with you those times. Just genuine and pure love, don't you think?"

"Definitely, baby." I closed the gap between us and kissed his soft lips. I can stay like this forever but Soobin already shouted at us, causing us to pull back from our kiss.

"Appa!! Uncle Taetae! Look at me and Seojoon!!" They are lying down on the white snow, moving their arms and legs, up and down, making snow angels on the ground. We ran into them and joined them too.

After a while of playing on the snow, building snowmen and having snowball fights, we rested for a while. Then Jin asked,

"Shall we go back to the hotel? It's getting colder. Aren't you cold my boys?"

Seojoon shook his head, "Shnoww-meen-Appa-Play-Shojoon-hyung-dada!!"

We chuckled at him as we can barely understand what the hell he was saying. Nevertheless, my son is just the cutest!

"No appa, we're not cold! And Uncle Tae??" Soobin looked at me knowingly. So I winked at him.

Jin didn't notice so he asked Soobin, "Why? What do you need from your Uncle Tae?"

"Nothing appa. But I saw some nice bushes there, can we take a look first before we go?" Soobin is already a big boy so he already follows instructions well.

He pulled up his brother and they started running away from us. Jin and I stood up and followed them.

Soobin smiled back at us, "Look Appa! What are these? Aren't they beautiful?" He smiled at Jin, pointing to a trail of red petals on the snow. I think I can ask Jungkook to cast this kid in a drama, he's quite a good actor.

Jin furrowed his eyebrows and said, "No, baby. This must be someone else's. We shouldn't touch it, we might ruin something."

But my kids already ran ahead, following the trail of the petals. So Jin ran after them, "Hey, Soobin! Seojoon! I told you we shouldn–"

Shit!! I can't see Jin's face as I am behind him, but he stopped on his tracks when a big note on the snowy grounds appeared right in front of his eyes. He stared down at the note which was written by forming letters made of the red roses' petals.

WILL YOU MARRY ME JIN?

"Surprise!!"

"Umprayysh!!"

My sons shouted with arms wide open while jumping at both sides of the note. I told Soobin about this surprise the moment we landed here in New Zealand. I said I want to ask him first for his appa's hand in marriage. I then explained to him that if his appa marries me, it doesn't mean that I will replace Yoongi as his daddy. He remains to be his dad and I can just be his other dad who will now take care of him, his baby brother and his appa.

Soobin is an intelligent and kind boy so I did not have a hard time convincing him. He said that he's happy to have me as another dad because I make his appa happy too. Therefore, he said he will help me with my surprise. I am overjoyed to have him and my son involved in this proposal. After all, it's not only Jin that I am marrying, that's if he says yes, but I will also marry his whole life which greatly revolves around our sons.

Jin was frozen for a moment, so I walked in front of him. He's covering his mouth and his eyes are teary. I pulled him to the table near the edge of the cliff - I had it exquisitely set-up, where there is a big bouquet of red roses, which are his favorite flowers, a bottle of champagne and two champagne flutes.

The sun is shining so bright which is truly a great spectacle, as it hits the snow with a crystal white color that is very visible from where we stand – and they are reflecting on Jin's perfect skin  as I stare at him which is truly mesmerizing.

He is still silent while the kids stare at us quietly. I took the flowers and handed them to him and kissed his forehead, tears are already streaming down his face. Then he looked down on me as I get to one knee and start digging thru the snow.

"Uhmm– what are you doing, Tae??" He said in a puzzled voice.

When I finally found what I was looking for, I shook it clean removing the ice that enveloped it then flashed it at Jin. It was a diamond ring, I held it up to him, then I saw him bit his lips. I don't know if he's smiling or his lips were trembling, but I'm sure that my hands were. I have delivered thousands of lines from a script my whole life, but this one is the most nerve-wracking!

"Jin, some time ago, I thought all of our memories together, our feelings for each other that have blossomed here, have already been buried beneath these snowy mountains. I thought being with you is very far from possible, and that was the darkest moment of my life. But then the sun shone above us again and melted the snow that covered our past.

Now, here I am, ready to dig this pile of snow however deep, just to uncover a new chapter of our life, a new one that will start again from where it all began; And revealing a crystal-clear future of us, together with our sons.

But only if you say yes – that you want us to be together for the rest of our lives? Because as for me, I am sure that I want to spend my life with you and our kids. As sure as the sun brightly shining above us, as high as any mountain peak around us and as clear as the crystal snow beneath us – surely, I am certain that I am deeply in love with you. I love you, Jin. Will you marry me?"

Jin just burst into tears and pulled me up to hug me tight. It took a while before he was able to compose himself and talk. I am somewhat nervous as it seems as though he had to think for quite a moment. Then he pulled back from our embrace,

"Yes, of course! I will marry you, Tae!! I thought you'd never ask. I thought we are already okay as we were. So this caught me by surprise. Thank you for asking me. I love you so much and there is nothing more I could ask for but to get married to you. I love you, Kim Taehyung!"

I smiled as I put the ring in his finger, "I love you more, Kim Seokjin."

He leaned in to capture my lips for a soft, subtle kiss and pulled back to smile at me. I know we had to keep it down as the kids were watching but wait until we get back to the hotel later.

He then called our kids to come closer and join us in watching the great view before us. I popped the bottle of champagne to celebrate him saying yes, and poured us each a glass.

The four of us sat down on the snow, looking far at the beautiful white peaks as we share this wonderful experience. Together. As a family.

*******

'There is nothing I will ever need
If you could stay with me.
So let me ask you
Can I touch your heart?
Although it drifts away,
I know I'll reach it.
Oh someday, someday..'

~Crystal Snow

*******

Happy morning lovey's 💜

I hope we all feel in love in a cold, rainy morning like this (at least in where I'm at rn.)

I will do multiple updates later so please, expect for them! ⭐ / 💬

Borahae 💜

~Author-nim 😊