35. Shelter You From All Harm

Author-nim's P.O.V.

"Ok clearly, you chickened-out!" Jimin said to Taehyung. Now they are drinking wine instead of the brewed tea that he said. Jin has already bid his good night to the group shortly after Yoongi's call as he promised not to be home too late. So the three just decided to drink for the night.

"I did not!! I just decided to hold it off for a while." Taehyung said.

"Yes, coz you chickened-out!" Jimin insisted which earned a glare from Taehyung.

"Babe, please stop it. Tae, why did you 'decide to hold it off' then??" Jungkook said.

Taehyung sighed, "It seems that he's doing fine now. I don't want him to go thru another useless pain."

"How did you know that? 'It seems' definitely insinuates that you are assuming. Look Tae, I understand you are concerned of what he'll feel. But it is not a useless pain, it means a lot to him, believe me. And even if 'it may seem' that he will get hurt, I think knowing the truth will give him more relief than pain." Jimin said without any hint of sarcasm anymore.

"Well, the night was going well, we were having a good time. I guess I wasn't really ready to do this yet. At least give me more time. I'll do it when we get another chance, I promise. For now, I'm happy I got to spend a few hours of seeing him laughing again."

*******

A few days later.

"Uncle Jiminie!!" Soobin ran to Jimin to give him a tight hug.

"Hello my baby Soobinieee!" Jimin showered him with kisses as Jin approaches them.

"Soobin, didn't I tell you not to run away from me!!" Jin yells at his son but the kid didn't seem to pay attention.

"Uncle Jiminie, I'm not a baby anymore!! Don't call me baby. It's Hyunjin, he's the baby now!" Soobin pouted at his chuckling uncle.

"If you're already a big boy, then you should always listen to your Appa." Taehyung said coming from behind Jimin.

"Ohhh, Appa look, it's Kim Taehyung!" Soobin exclaimed.

"Yup, it's me. We meet again, Soobin. Hello!" Soobin walked to Taehyung.

"Are you really my Appa's friend?"

"Uhm, yes I guess I am." Taehyung said hesitantly.

"Coz daddy said he can't be friends with you anymore. So I'm sad. Coz I want to be friends with you too. And maybe Hyunjin also. He's my baby brother."

"Why can't I be friends with your appa?"

"I don't know. Daddy doesn't want appa to become friends with handsome men. But if we are friends, we can also be on TV like you, right?" Taehyung chuckled and patted Soobin's head.

"I don't know about that. But you can be on TV too if you sing your daddy's songs."

"But I don't want to sing. I don't know if baby Hyunjin wants to--"

Jin pulled Soobin away already coz he doesn't seem to finish talking soon, "Soobin, baby. That's too much talking. Sorry about that." Soobin just pouted and Jin gave Taehyung an apologetic look.

"It's fine, Dr. Min. Soobin, would you like to come with me inside the bake shop so we can talk more?" Soobin looked at his appa, and Jin nodded. So he ran to Taehyung and held his hand, they started to walk away and go to where Jungkook is.

"Chim, this is the second time you didn't tell me that Tae is gonna be here?!" Jin glared at his best friend.

"Sorry! Last minute change of plans, really! It's supposed to be just the two of us, but Kook said he can come then the next thing I know, he came with Tae. I didn't know you're bringing Soobin. You think he's gonna tell Yoongi that Tae is here?!" Jimin explained.

Jimin really meant to do the wedding cake selection only with Jin. The last thing he wants is to get attention of the public or a lot of fans if he drags Taehyung along in tasks like these that involve going out in public places.

"If I tell Soobin not to tell his dad, he won't. He listens to me. But I'm sure he'll ask a lot of questions. Yoongi took Hyunjin to a playtime with Seojoon so I said I'll take Soobin with me." Jin said, hooking his arm on Jimin as they walk.

"Are you sure it's not Yoongi who's having a playtime with Hoseok??"

Jin rolled his eyes, "No, we're not going there right now! Let's just go inside."

*******

Jimin's group are entertained by the bakeshop owner in a VIP lounge so they can have their privacy. Different flavors were served to them for a taste test while the couple are looking thru the gallery of wedding cake photos in a tablet.

Taehyung took a bite of the chocolate cake and smiled at Soobin, "Soobin, look at Uncle Taetae!" His teeth are full of chocolate as he flashed his smile at him which made the whole group laugh, Soobin the loudest.

"We are not getting that flavor Kook! We don't want us to be looking like that in our wedding photos!" Jimin said while laughing.

"Soobin is enjoying this. I can see he likes cakes." Taehyung whispered to Jin as he watches the kid finish the slices of cakes in front of them.

"He loves anything that's sweet. Good luck to bed time later." Jin smiled as Taehyung chuckled.

Jimin took a bite of the walnut carrot flavor, "Hmm, this is good!" He continued to taste everything while giving some of the good flavors to Soobin too.

Then he started to whisper to his Soobinnie, "Baby, I gave you a lot of cake today, right? So can you do Uncle Jiminie a favor?"

"Sure, Uncle Jiminie!! Soobin is a good boy to you!" The kid shouted, getting the attention of everyone at the table.

But Jimin just continued to whisper, "Very good my baby. Can you promise me that you won't tell your daddy that Uncle Kookie and Uncle Taetae are here, hmm? Because your dad might get mad."

Soobin stopped eating and put down his fork, then he looked worried and teary-eyed, "Ok Uncle Jiminie. I promise I won't. Coz when dad is mad, he will hurt my appa. And I don't like appa to get hurt again. So I won't tell. Promise."

Jin stood up as soon as he heard what his son said, he looked around the table then said, "Ohh uhm- that's very good of you baby, thank you. How about we get something sweet for your baby brother outside, hmm? I saw some cake pops. Let's get some!"

Soobin smiled and nodded, he jumped down his chair and took his appa's hand as they made their way outside.

"He still hits Jin??" Taehyung asked Jimin with creased eyebrows.

"Didn't I tell you before that you were just assuming he's fine now? But that's very rare nowadays, Tae. During his pregnancy, yes. Like as in every week. But later on, I didn't notice it much anymore.

I'm just not sure, Jin never tells me about it unless I see a bruise or a cut. But I'd like to believe Yoongi is better now." Jimin said, biting his lips in worry of telling Taehyung things he shouldn't.

Jungkook just tapped on Taehyung's shoulders when he saw his friend closed his eyes and breathed in deeply.

Taehyung was trying to hold back his tears as his heart breaks again for Jin.

*******

Ok lovey's, that's just me being JINspired this weekend. Happy reading!

Pls don't forget these two: 🌟 and 💬

Hope y'all having a great weekend too!

Borahae 💜

~Author-nim 😊