30. So Much Time Passed

Seokjin's P.O.V.

My heart skipped a bit on the anticipation as I get my camera ready to capture this sweet moment. A smile is fixed on my face as I wait for the right shot.

Happy birthdayyy to youuu!!

I took series of shots as Soobin blew the candle on the cake for his baby brother, who's wiggling his tiny arms and feet wanting to reach for the cake.

"Nope, not just yet my little man!" Yoongi said, pulling my son into his embrace then sniffling their noses together. "Happy birthday, Hyunjin. Daddy loves you so much!"

The guests clap and cheer in celebration of our son's first birthday. I really wished for a small gathering, having only our closest friends but Yoongi has way too many people at work he wants to invite, saying our sons need to be exposed to these people for their better career in the future.

"Go on, join them. I'll take a picture of you four." Jimin said, taking the camera from me.

I handed it to him and ran to the front to carry Soobin, and joined them for a photo.

"Soobin, you are a big boy, your Appa can't carry you anymore." Yoongi said.

"But I want to be in Appa's arms too, like Hyunjin!" Soobin pouted at his dad. I know my first born is such a sweetheart to his baby brother, but it's obvious that he gets jealous too when it comes to our attention.

Good thing, Yoongi spends a lot of time with him, having some grown-up boys bonding time of their own, while I am busy with Hyunjin.

"It's okay, hun. I got him." I told Yoongi so we can now proceed to the photo.

After a few shots, I placed Soobin to sit on a chair then I took Hyunjin from Yoongi, "Come to Appa, my baby!!

You can go and entertain your guests, hun. I'll take care of the kids."

"Ok honey, thanks. And thank you for doing a great job preparing for this party. I will reward you later tonight. Love you." He gave me a peck on the lips as I rolled my eyes at what he said. He just chuckled while he walks away from us.

Yoongi has improved quite a lot after I gave birth to Hyunjin. I guess our baby coming to our family is a blessing as he also brought a change to my relationship with Yoongi.

But I think, me cutting ties completely with Taehyung is a big factor too. After that day in the hospital when Taehyung looked at me as if I'm a stranger, I never got to talk to him again. Jimin kept on asking Jungkook of the progress of his therapies, but to no luck, he's still unaware of someone named Dr. Min Seokjin.

My pregnancy did not even help. One day, I begged Jungkook if maybe I can still see him for the last time, hoping he'll get some of the memories of us back if I tell him some stories, but when he saw me with my baby bump, he only smirked at Jungkook saying it's an insult that his best friend is setting him up with a pregnant man.

He said in front of my face that he has a lot of single men to choose from that he can date, so why would he bother to listen to my 'made-up stories'.

All that happened took a toll on me even while pregnant, taking me to an extreme depression. So Jimin snapped me back to reality that my sons need me more. I'm actually thankful that Hyunjin came out as a healthy and happy baby despite the anxieties I went thru.

He's like a sunshine that brightens up my day, so I got better after I gave birth. And Yoongi has taken care of me since. Our arguments lessen to a few petty things to none. I guess I am really the reason why he was becoming a monster before. I made him like that because of my wrongs.

But I told Jimin that if I were to turn back time, I would still choose to experience loving Taehyung. It is a wonderful thing that happened to me that I won't forget. But maybe, we weren't really supposed to be together. It was started so wrong that it ended even more wrongly.

He's back to acting again. He hasn't lost his touch, still that hot bachelor dating here and there. I was totally hurt at first but Jimin said that I need to stop sulking around because of a man who does not remember me anymore. He's right though. And I think it's better for Tae that our memories together will just be buried under the snow of those mountains. It is the only place where they belong. Coz if there was someone who has been hurt more, it is him, not me.

My thoughts were disturbed by Soobin tugging in my shirt, "Appa, can I go to Uncle Joonie?! He said we'll finish all the marshmallows in the chocolate fountain!!"

"Baby, yes you can go to Uncle Joonie but please don't finish the mallows. The other kids will cry if they don't get to have some." I told him. It's better to tell him than tell Namjoon coz I know he won't listen. He'll give Soobin anything he asks for. So my son went running to him and pulled him to where the chocolate fountain is.

Namjoon and Yoongi became more civil with each other lately as Yoongi and the kids are always around me at my clinic. My husband said it's because the kids want to be with me more, though I think he's just keeping an eye on me all the time, fearing I would cheat on him again. Hence, Namjoon and Yoongi see each other often. Causing Soobin to become closer to Namjoon.

Soobin said he likes Uncle Joonie now more than Uncle Jiminie, coz they don't get to play that much anymore when he's over at Jimin's, as he's always busy cleaning Uncle Kookie's teeth, according to my son. I swear Jimin is too serious about him being a dentist. I wonder if Jungkook enjoys prophylaxis like every week?

"Hellooo Hyunjinnieee!" Jimin took my baby from me and showered him with kisses. "Omg Jin, he's becoming to look more like his father than you!"

"Oh please, stop it. Either way, my son is the cutest baby!! Right baby? Oh yes you are, of course you are!!" He cooed at me some words I don't understand, causing me and Jimin laugh.

"Hey Jinnie, I really really want to tell you something so badly, buttt I know it's Hyunjin's day sooo..."

"Nahh, come on, what is it?! You know you can talk to me anytim--" He then flashed to me his hand, showing a big ass ring in his important finger.

"Ohh my gosh!! Chimmm!! Congratulations!!" I hugged him tight, squishing Hyunjin between us, this little bear giggled instead of whining.

"Whoops!! Sorry my baby! So, when did he propose? How did he pop up the question? Where did he take you? Gosh, I'm so excited for you Chimmy!"

"Thanks Jin! I'll tell you the deets next time, I'll come over to babysit with you, then we can talk about it non-stop.

There's one thing I'd like to point out though. You know you'll be my best man, right? Of course, you are my best friend in the whole world. But the thing is, Jungkook's best man will be Taehyung."

"Oh. Ok. I guess, we'll meet again then."

*******

So that's Taehyung in Jin's perspective. What do you think about Tae's side?

Borahae 💜

~Author-nim 😊